Cynergy 15K Shaft

EagleSoar

Registered
I have an Omen cue. Does anyone know how the Cynergy 15K shaft fits on Omen cues? The pin is 3/8 x 11. Also would like to know how they hit on the Omen butt and would like to know if there are better butts to match that particular shaft in order to get a better hit, etc.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Omen cue. Does anyone know how the Cynergy 15K shaft fits on Omen cues? The pin is 3/8 x 11. Also would like to know how they hit on the Omen butt and would like to know if there are better butts to match that particular shaft in order to get a better hit, etc.

So the "better hit" thing, there is no such thing really. There is what YOU like and what YOU don't like. It's like saying which is better, vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Some like one, some like both, some like neither. But there is a good chance that what they think would not match what you think.

The Cuetec CF shaft has a hit feel closer to a standard LD shaft. Which to me means it's not worth getting it unless you want one to try a CF shaft vs a normal LD wood shaft for $150-200 less. If the CF shafts were made to react and feel like normal shafts, there is not much benefit to them.

I played with a Cuetec both a unilock and a radial cue, like the radial hit better. But I like the REVO and the Mezz CF shafts better than the Cuetec shafts since to me they feel like actually something new and different with more energy transfer to the cueball and a different hit feel.

I mean would you ask for a turkey sub but then ask them to make it taste like roast beef? Why not just get the roast beef in the first place? I feel the same way about people that look for a CF shaft that performs and feels like their current shafts or cheaper wood LD shafts.

Last edited:

EagleSoar

Registered
Thanks for your reply. You make perfect sense. will have to try someone's cynergy shaft before i make decision on getting one. thanks again, Tom

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply. You make perfect sense. will have to try someone's cynergy shaft before i make decision on getting one. thanks again, Tom
Here is my experience and review on Cynergy shaft. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=494470
I don't think you will find any wooden LD shaft with the same performance. I'm also sure you very unluckily see Revo or Ignite in a 3/8-11 joint option soon. You ask the questions that are really hard to answer because it's so subjective. Try to find possibility to hit with one. Good luck.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
So the "better hit" thing, there is no such thing really. There is what YOU like and what YOU don't like. It's like saying which is better, vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Some like one, some like both, some like neither. But there is a good chance that what they think would not match what you think.

The Cuetec CF shaft has a hit feel closer to a standard LD shaft. Which to me means it's not worth getting it unless you want one to try a CF shaft vs a normal LD wood shaft for $150-200 less. If the CF shafts were made to react and feel like normal shafts, there is not much benefit to them.

I played with a Cuetec both a unilock and a radial cue, like the radial hit better. But I like the REVO and the Mezz CF shafts better than the Cuetec shafts since to me they feel like actually something new and different with more energy transfer to the cueball and a different hit feel.

I mean would you ask for a turkey sub but then ask them to make it taste like roast beef? Why not just get the roast beef in the first place? I feel the same way about people that look for a CF shaft that performs and feels like their current shafts or cheaper wood LD shafts.

Unless you consider no minor divots, that can be a pain to remove. Cleaning that doesn’t require slow loss of diameter of the shaft. Or quick loss if the cleaner uses sand paper.
Haven’t seen my CF Cynergy warp as humidity levels change either.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only hit a few balls with one the other day, but I thought it hit good.

My friend had one on a Meucci butt.

It was nice and smooth to the touch, also.