WE got ACTION

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WEll the long awaited return of Eric Durbin has surfaced and he is taking on CLiff a we speak 10/7 in one pocket.....man I hate work right now....glad the bettin half of us is at DCC already. I will be there Wednesday.......
I will post more later when he lets me know more details.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sweatinNbettin said:
...man I hate work right now....glad the bettin half of us is at DCC already...
I will post more later when he lets me know more details.

Yeah! Work sux! I put in 7hrs to my M-F job today. At least noone calld me:rolleyes: .

Eric must have nutz like almond joy. going to 7 against Cliff is tuff task! Hope to hear more...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Yeah! Work sux! I put in 7hrs to my M-F job today. At least noone calld me:rolleyes: .

Eric must have nutz like almond joy. going to 7 against Cliff is tuff task! Hope to hear more...

It's a pretty safe bet it's not his money so i wouldnt say he was that brave. His backer perhaps.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
It's a pretty safe bet it's not his money so i wouldnt say he was that brave. His backer perhaps.
Somebody here knows how this game is played.:rolleyes:

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing about Durbin he will get in the box with anyone. My hats off and good luck to you.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
What is your point? DO you not think he woulda gotten up to bat at that same spot w/ his own?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
What is your point? DO you not think he woulda gotten up to bat at that same spot w/ his own?

If he did i would say he was brave.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
duke@neo.rr.com said:
anyone know Billy Jungle? is he there yet? I know he planned on going!

Whay happen to all the azer's who are there they should be keeping us to date..On the action ..

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Action everywhere.

Joyner v Richie Richeson. 9-7/ 5 ahead for a large amt. Decent chunk on the side too being bet by fellow florida pool partners of RR. Watched 3 hrs and they were even after 180 min. Left and didnt see the result.

Justin Bergman over the California kid in 9 ball for 1k.

Alex P giving 11-6 or 11-7 and the breaks to Harry Platis for 400 a game. Watched Harry win two games and then watched Alex run 12 and out and 11 and out the next game. Awesome runouts. We left and kept moving around to see more.

Al Lapena made off with 200 flipping coins.

Also in action but stake and outcome unknown were a bunch of young players, including Tyler Strawn, Andy Freloff(sp?) and Bergman, Chohan was playing someone giving up some weight for 3 bills a game.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I'm Playing, betting, sweating, sleeping, drinking & eating.

deadstroke32 said:
Whay happen to all the azer's who are there they should be keeping us to date..On the action ..

Deadstroke - Sorry but there is enough to do around here without posting all that is going on.
I really enjoyed watching Grady & Cardone playing One Pocket. It was an old fashion bare knuckles kind of match with all the BS & woofing.
Also enjoyed seeing Efren play Breadlove in the One Pocket tourney on the TV table. Efren, 3 / Breadlove, 1.
Efren moved like a ghost and shot like a laser beam.
Waaaaaaaay too much going on here to see it all. It's like DisneyWorld for a 10 year old. You just have to pick a spot and sweat what ever happens there.
Many, Many great action games going on at all times.
I'm supposed to play another One Pocket match today after noon and won't find out when until Noon.
I got a $500 (race to 3) One Pocket Match agreed upon and we just have to find an open table (probably late tonight).
The AZ/OP room is awsome thanks to williebetmore, Randi, Timberly, and the ever present Ratchet. About all I have had time to do there is get some pros to sign the banner and play a little.

TY & GL, (OHB)

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I have a feeling all the AZers are enjoying the room and might not be out as much sweatin' the matches! :p Perhaps this is the one downfall of having the AZ room! :p Maybe next year we can get a table dedicated to action and have the pros play some big money games or something! I know I'm willing to pitch in $100 for one next year and if 80 people contribute like this year, $8000 may get us one hell of a room and maybe 4-6 tables!

Thanks to OHB, Williebetmore, Ratchet, and all the rest for the reports!

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on OHB

OldHasBeen said:
Deadstroke - Sorry but there is enough to do around here without posting all that is going on.
I really enjoyed watching Grady & Cardone playing One Pocket. It was an old fashion bare knuckles kind of match with all the BS & woofing.
Also enjoyed seeing Efren play Breadlove in the One Pocket tourney on the TV table. Efren, 3 / Breadlove, 1.
Efren moved like a ghost and shot like a laser beam.
Waaaaaaaay too much going on here to see it all. It's like DisneyWorld for a 10 year old. You just have to pick a spot and sweat what ever happens there.
Many, Many great action games going on at all times.
I'm supposed to play another One Pocket match today after noon and won't find out when until Noon.
I got a $500 (race to 3) One Pocket Match agreed upon and we just have to find an open table (probably late tonight).
The AZ/OP room is awsome thanks to williebetmore, Randi, Timberly, and the ever present Ratchet. About all I have had time to do there is get some pros to sign the banner and play a little.

TY & GL, (OHB)

What kind of reporter are you? You post 2 times and mention about your matches but you fail to tell us either time whether you won your first match or not. tsk tsk tsk, please give us some information please. lol

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I wouldn't be playing a second if I didn't win the first.

nfty9er said:
What kind of reporter are you? You post 2 times and mention about your matches but you fail to tell us either time whether you won your first match or not. tsk tsk tsk, please give us some information please. lol

Nfty - I just finished my second round OP match & won 3-0 again. 3rd round drawing won't be until 8pm tonight.
Really, there is way too much going on to see or tell about it all. Too much action to line up - too much beer to drink - too much food to eat and too much communication with my office to keep the bills paid FOR SURE.

Cute Story - (not to brag or feed my ego)
Just played a very nice fellow who bought back in after losing to a pro in his first match. He told me during the first game that he was so happy to see he wasn't playing a "Known Name" and that made his $100 buyback seem justified.
I could tell he is probably a very good 9-Ball player.
After keeping him completly locked up and then making some pretty good shots to make it 2-0. He says "WHO THE F*** ARE YOU" ???

Many rumors going around about many big action games to be played but sometimes they happen at the same time and you just have to make a choice. If I'm not betting - I just keep slithering around looking for live one.

Found a good one last night - 2 good players were playing a 9-Ball race to 11 for $2K. Player A was winning 9-1 and I overhear this sweater say "Man, I wish I had a bet on him".
I kinda butt in a say - Tell you what! I'll give you a $40 a game bet and I'll take player B. I couldn't believe it when the guy says "YOU GOT IT"!
I know player B pretty well and he overheard the bet. As we were posting, player B winks to me (Not because he had the nuts - just because he knew what a great bet it is). Player B wins the set 11-10.
"WONDERFUL COUNTRY, AMERICA"!

TY & GL, OHB

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
Found a good one last night - 2 good players were playing a 9-Ball race to 11 for $2K. Player A was winning 9-1 and I overhear this sweater say "Man, I wish I had a bet on him".
I kinda butt in a say - Tell you what! I'll give you a $40 a game bet and I'll take player B. I couldn't believe it when the guy says "YOU GOT IT"!
I know player B pretty well and he overheard the bet. As we were posting, player B winks to me (Not because he had the nuts - just because he knew what a great bet it is). Player B wins the set 11-10.

TY & GL, OHB

$40 a game on the remaining games? So you could lose a max of 120 if player A won the next three or make 400 if player B won the next 10?
Not contingent on who actually won the set as well right?
At least that is how I took the wording of that bet..sounds like you stumbled upon a idiot with a bit of cash...

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What u talkin about

OldHasBeen said:
Nfty - I just finished my second round OP match & won 3-0 again. 3rd round drawing won't be until 8pm tonight.
Really, there is way too much going on to see or tell about it all. Too much action to line up - too much beer to drink - too much food to eat and too much communication with my office to keep the bills paid FOR SURE.

Cute Story - (not to brag or feed my ego)
Just played a very nice fellow who bought back in after losing to a pro in his first match. He told me during the first game that he was so happy to see he wasn't playing a "Known Name" and that made his $100 buyback seem justified.
I could tell he is probably a very good 9-Ball player.
After keeping him completly locked up and then making some pretty good shots to make it 2-0. He says "WHO THE F*** ARE YOU" ???

Many rumors going around about many big action games to be played but sometimes they happen at the same time and you just have to make a choice. If I'm not betting - I just keep slithering around looking for live one.

TY & GL, OHB

You mean you are not planning on buying back in if you lose. I cannot know that in advance, you still have to post if you won or lost.
Thanks for the great story.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
My buddy and I went up for the first three days of the DCC this year. Man, what an awesome time we had. My buddy is not that much of an internet creature so I have been calling him all day telling him what I am reading about on the AZB Board. I'm trying to really work him up into a lather with what he is missing by us not being there for the whole thing, so next year I won't have much of a problem convincing him to go. When I told him Corey and Efren played one hole he was really squirming.

Please keep the action reports coming for all of us that love nothing better than to be planted at 4am next to a table with stacks of money on the light...

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I am forced to buyback now!

nfty9er said:
You mean you are not planning on buying back in if you lose. I cannot know that in advance, you still have to post if you won or lost.
Thanks for the great story.

I just won my match in the 3 round without a loss of a match (or a game). I've been told that the $ starts in either the 4 or 5 round - SO - Even if I were lose my next match in round 4 tomorrow and do a buyback, it would put me into round 5 and the $ won would be more than the $100 buyback. One of these times OldHasBeen is going to run into a "YOUNG IS"!
Gotta go now with my iced up 6 pack cooler of Bud and look for some more idiots.
Supposed to be some good matches tonight - but I have to make sure to get my sleep later like I got a serious chance!

Later, OHB