Nylon Shaft inserts

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like shaft made for Huebler cue maybe Predator shaft with nylon insert does anyone have these?

Thanks Kyle

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like shaft made for Huebler cue maybe Predator shaft with nylon insert does anyone have these?

Thanks Kyle

You have to make them but it is very easy. Just thread a rod or Delrin or Nylon and you drill it after it is in the cue. A trick I have used is to put a pin through the insert from the side where the collar will go. This keeps it from backing out. Nylon or Delrin are hard to glue. Aluminum or a piece of Delrin turned down to like 3/32 works fine as a pin. When you drill and tap the insert you drill through the pin. When you add the collar the pin hides it all together. Just some ideas that do work.

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Friend has a cue with a delrin insert. Neither delrin or nylon will glue. But you can take a piece of delrin and turn it down and thread it and make the female thread match in the shaft and tight and put that piece in the shaft, face it and drill and machine new threads in the delrin insert. Its not really that hard to do. Ive used phenolic and done similar with good results. Good Luck.

Mark

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to make them but it is very easy. Just thread a rod or Delrin or Nylon and you drill it after it is in the cue. A trick I have used is to put a pin through the insert from the side where the collar will go. This keeps it from backing out. Nylon or Delrin are hard to glue. Aluminum or a piece of Delrin turned down to like 3/32 works fine as a pin. When you drill and tap the insert you drill through the pin. When you add the collar the pin hides it all together. Just some ideas that do work.

That's a very good and ingenious solution to the glue resistance problem. Rambo used to do the same thing with his pins. The glues were barely able to glue wood let alone brass and wood. He would insert the pin and then drill a hole in the neck of the joint to run a metal pin through so that the pin wouldn't turn. This would then be covered by the collar behind the metal joint.

Dick

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
About how much for one of your shafts for a Huebler with the nylon insert? My original shaft seems okay but i don't like the ferule. Do you do repairs?

I've been known to do a repair, here and there.... $90 for a shaft matched to the butt of your cue, ringwork and all.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
That's an exceptionally fair price!!!
I do this type of work all day, everyday (and most of the night too).
I would not even consider doing that shaft at Ryan's price.
You won't have to worry about the quality of work either. Ryan's is top notch.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ryan made a shaft for my old no-name Huebler; the price was right and it plays very nicely. The nylon insert works fine and is a nice touch for the discriminating Huebler owner.
Bill

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been known to do a repair, here and there.... $90 for a shaft matched to the butt of your cue, ringwork and all.

Thanks for the response Ryan , i haven't made up my mind yet , but like the poster below says thats a good price.