Fair price for tip replacement?

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Just wondering what would be a fair price to replace a tip? I found someone willing to do it for $15, is this in the ballpark?

ivicafranic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depending on does that guys know what is he doing:smile::smile::smile:
You repair guy,I mean:smile:
But if he does this is really fair price:smile:

Last edited:

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Does it typically cost more to install a layered tip vs single layered tips?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does it typically cost more to install a layered tip vs single layered tips?

my cue repair man charges the same "labor " rate regardless of the tip
(i usually supply the tips)

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
The going price at Fort Worth Billiards is $15.00 if I supply the tip. That is installing the tip and polishing my ferrule.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I charge NOK 120,- wich is about $14, considering the salary is generally higher here in Norway, I should charge more.
I charge the same, ragardless if I or the customer supply the tip.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
tip replacement

I charge $15 per tip, if supplied by customer. However, I will not stand behind the install of a layered tip for several reasons. One, the tip may be old and not install, trim or play well. Also, older layered tips may de-laminate during or after installation.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering what would be a fair price to replace a tip? I found someone willing to do it for $15, is this in the ballpark?

Lathe machinery is expensive to turn on and off.
2nd is the guys time and labor, quality adhesive is expensive.

Cue Smith's usually get 20 dollars to affix Layered tips and 15 dollars to install Elk Master or White Diamond.

you're OK spending 15 Bucks.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I charge $15 per tip, if supplied by customer. However, I will not stand behind the install of a layered tip for several reasons. One, the tip may be old and not install, trim or play well. Also, older layered tips may de-laminate during or after installation.

Looks like other installers have had this problem. Since I’ve had new tips directly from a distributor delaminate on install, I can see why you would be suspicious of player supplied tips. Too many counterfeits? I’ve had my share of those too.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think a lot of repair people charge watch the customer is willing to pay. If you in NYC, Los Angeles, or San Francisco were wades are high it could be expensive. If you have the work done by some guy who does it as a side line, or is in Poorville USA it I'll be cheaper then in some place with booming ecomony.

JMHO