Important VISUALS info for CTE PRO ONE

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't stand directly behind CTE. You move your eyes slightly off CTE so the aim line is also seen. This gives you the perfect offset so that CCB from this orientation is where you put you cue 1/2 tip parallel shifted and then pivot to CCB.

Correct. I get that from watching Stan's videos. Here's a note I sent to Stan the other day:

Hi Stan,

Just wanted to send a quick note that I've locked in several times on the 15 degree perception CTE-ETA and am elated. I now realized why it is so hard to explain but when it happens it is an epiphany - all because of the 3 dimensional nature of spheres.

I came to this success after watching your Perception video #2 - CCB to COB then turn slightly. And there it was! both lines from CB to the OB. Very strange how it just became obvious. Thanks!!

Can't wait to try it at the table but have to get the pivoting down next.

Thanks Mohrt for your tips on the internet (billiardsthegame.com) as well as here. Note that I picked only one perception to work on. I want to get it right as I progress.

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the Cte Pro One about 2 years ago, maybe 3. Time flies. In the video, I found Stan to be a genuinely honest man, with a direct intention to explain his system so anyone could learn it. He does so brilliantly in his video. Heck, if I can grasp it, lol, anyone can. I had to work at it for a few months, sure, as everything didn't just come at once. But I have never shot better in my life, or had more confidence in knowing I can make a balls. I would like to personally thank Stan Shuffett for his unselfishness in showing players a great system to enjoy pool even more.

Here, here! I agree. CTE is a fascinating study and Stan has been sharing information for years on YTube of which I have nearly viewed all including his DVD(2nd).

Now I am working on the visual sweep - making notes how to do an air pivot. Along with Stan's DVD the following YT video is very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwI_62Npos

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting post from Stevie Moore today:

Stevie Moore Winning the 2007 DCC Banks Championship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clVjICdg6e4&feature=youtu.be

Stevie has been a world champion player since back in the early 1990's, before CTE. Though I have seen a video or two where he is showing some examples of manual pivot cte shots, but it's obvious when watching his matches that he does not use a pivot or a sweep when he plays. So the cte videos were either a favor or an opportunity to make extra cash. For the average pool player that just wants to get better, it's a bit misleading to claim that all these champion/pro players are champions because of cte.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie has been a world champion player since back in the early 1990's, before CTE. Though I have seen a video or two where he is showing some examples of manual pivot cte shots, but it's obvious when watching his matches that he does not use a pivot or a sweep when he plays. So the cte videos were either a favor or an opportunity to make extra cash. For the average pool player that just wants to get better, it's a bit misleading to claim that all these champion/pro players are champions because of cte.

Stevie was using an edge of the CB for aiming before I met him, yes, back into the 90s.

Stevie told Landon about CB edge aiming before I did. That was his first instruction to Landon. CTE facilitated Stevie's understanding of what he was doing before he came to understand it all.

Player's can seek to understand what they're doing and how to REALLY aim or not . If a player doesn't care, that's great. CTE is s professional aiming system. GB, CPs and fractions are for the less serious.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Stevie was using an edge of the CB for aiming before I met him, yes, back into the 90s.

Stevie told Landon about CB edge aiming before I did. That was his first instruction to Landon. CTE facilitated Stevie's understanding of what he was doing before he came to understand it all.

Player's can seek to understand what they're doing and how to REALLY aim or not . If a player doesn't care, that's great. CTE is s professional aiming system. GB, CPs and fractions are for the less serious.

Stan Shuffett

Ok. So are you saying it's okay to assume that all the pro players that revealed their "secrets" of aiming in that "Secrets of the Pros" article (Pool and Billiards magazine, July 1995) were, or still are, unaware of exactly what they're doing when it comes to aiming?

And I'm not sure I understand why you say CTE is a "professional" aiming system, while all others are for less serious players, especially when Efren - a professional​ - has stated many times that he uses fractional aim points. Of course not on every shot, as over the past few decades he has become so proficient at pocketing balls (like most pro players) that conciously using an aiming system on every shot would be a hindrance.

Regarding cte, I think it's intriguing, and I think your teaching approach is commendable. But making more of it than what it really is by claiming it's the only "professional" method available, well....that's a shaky statement. Then again, if all these pro players strp up and admit they've been holding this great aiming secret for years, I'll eat my words! Lol.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. So are you saying it's okay to assume that all the pro players that revealed their "secrets" of aiming in that "Secrets of the Pros" article (Pool and Billiards magazine, July 1995) were, or still are, unaware of exactly what they're doing when it comes to aiming?

And I'm not sure I understand why you say CTE is a "professional" aiming system, while all others are for less serious players, especially when Efren - a professional​ - has stated many times that he uses fractional aim points. Of course not on every shot, as over the past few decades he has become so proficient at pocketing balls (like most pro players) that conciously using an aiming system on every shot would be a hindrance.

Regarding cte, I think it's intriguing, and I think your teaching approach is commendable. But making more of it than what it really is by claiming it's the only "professional" method available, well....that's a shaky statement. Then again, if all these pro players strp up and admit they've been holding this great aiming secret for years, I'll eat my words! Lol.

Yes, about the article. CPs are too small to be seen. GBs are invisible and can't be seen. For fractions, angles can't be seen either.

As far as "professional system" I'd be embarrrssed to show a pro something that my wife, a non player, could teach them with a little prep. What is not grasped by most is that CTE does something with spheres that was never supposed to occur.....objective aiming That's the reason pros are on my waiting list.
CTE in recent years has won state titles, national titles, tour titles, national amateurs titles,, international tour events and more.

Hal referenced CTE as a professional system many years back.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
What is not grasped by most is that CTE does something with spheres that was never supposed to occur.....objective aiming.

I always love when you cite this axiomatic gem of, what you must apprehend to be, self-evident wisdom... It's your old "CTE was never supposed to be" chestnut.

Perhaps, on this occasion, you will take a moment to elucidate what in the world that's even supposed to mean.

?

If "CTE does something with spheres that was never supposed to occur...", what was supposed to occur?

- s.west

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always love when you cite this axiomatic gem of, what you must apprehend to be, self-evident wisdom... It's your old "CTE was never supposed to be" chestnut.

Perhaps, on this occasion, you will take a moment to elucidate what in the world that's even supposed to mean.

?

If "CTE does something with spheres that was never supposed to occur...", what was supposed to occur?

- s.west

I will be releasing the details of EXACTLY what you seek to know in an online free series.

I am sorry that you have so little faith in my work. You don't know me well enough to understand that I don't just blow smoke.

Stan Shuffett

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member

You obviously don't know Stevie and to speak on his behalf regarding cte is totally presumptious. I've known him before and after cte and I can tell you he's not doing it as a favor or to make extra cash.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Exactly. Aiming takes maybe a month to learn, a good stroke takes years.

Set up the same shot with hole reinforcers and shoot a couple dozen a day for two weeks. After that you'll pretty much know how to aim all shots similar to that one. Do the same thing for different cut shots and you're good. The real work comes in creating a good stroke, which encompasses body position and visual alignment.

HAMB is just an expression that says there's no substitute for table time.
Wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My personal amendment to this would be: a good set up takes years to learn.

If you get the set up right, the stroke happens. Aiming becomes an afterthought.

Lou Figueroa
Wrong.......

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong.......

au contraire.

The proof, my sweet baboo, is that you spent years working on aiming, while I spent years working on set up.

A $10K difference ;-)

Lou Figueroa
ca-ching

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You obviously don't know Stevie and to speak on his behalf regarding cte is totally presumptious. I've known him before and after cte and I can tell you he's not doing it as a favor or to make extra cash.

You are correct....I do not know Stevie personally. But facts are true, meaning he was a champion player prior to CTE. I was not speaking on his behalf. I was simply pointing out what appeared to be a typical advertising style, like a pro basketball player wearing Nike shoes because Nike knows a certain amount of people will believe the shoes have something to do with the player's court skills.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes what looks obvious is not really obvious. I certainly meant no disrespect toward Stevie or CTE. I just find it unlikely that a player of his caliber would go shopping for an aiming system. Maybe all the best pros are shopping for something better, something better than what has made them superior to every other player out there. I don't know.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct....I do not know Stevie personally. But facts are true, meaning he was a champion player prior to CTE. I was not speaking on his behalf. I was simply pointing out what appeared to be a typical advertising style, like a pro basketball player wearing Nike shoes because Nike knows a certain amount of people will believe the shoes have something to do with the player's court skills.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes what looks obvious is not really obvious. I certainly meant no disrespect toward Stevie or CTE. I just find it unlikely that a player of his caliber would go shopping for an aiming system. Maybe all the best pros are shopping for something better, something better than what has made them superior to every other player out there. I don't know.

He went looking for a teacher of pool and found Stan.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I just find it unlikely that a player of his caliber would go shopping for an aiming system. Maybe all the best pros are shopping for something better, something better than what has made them superior to every other player out there. I don't know.

Tiger Woods took the golf world by storm when he became a pro by winning so many tournaments and breaking scoring records it made everyone on the PGA Tour take lessons shopping for something better. He was THE SUPERIOR golfer.

Then Tiger went shopping himself to make his game even better than what it was in any and all facets of the game.

He shopped four times with the biggest name teaching pros to find it.

Unfortunately his demise came from a wild personal life off the course and a broken down body no longer able to perform.

Why would pool pros be any different when it comes to getting better in any facet of the game to help make them superior players?

Who knows, maybe one day a pro will come to you for your aiming system. Then what would you say? You do believe in it, don't you?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
au contraire.

The proof, my sweet baboo, is that you spent years working on aiming, while I spent years working on set up.

A $10K difference ;-)

Lou Figueroa
ca-ching

Wrong and au contraire.

In JB's teen years into young adult he was bouncing up and down on a springboard 30' over water learning how to knife into the water with as little splash as possible.

In your teen years you were already in the pool room learning how to aim, pocket balls, play different games and hard wire the hand/eye coordination into your brain and movements.

It translates into something which never leaves as long as it's kept up and you have.

Willee Mosconi played an exhibition match with Ralph Greenleaf when he was 6 years old and made a good enough showing to open a lot of eyes with predictions of
greatness.

He lived up to it with a number of World Championships never to be matched or broken.

Early years hand/eye coordination and hardwiring also lends itself to the post I made above regarding Tiger Woods. He was TWO years old when he made his first TV appearance hitting golf balls on the Mike Douglas show. https://www.thoughtco.com/tiger-woods-first-national-television-appearance-1566376

Early years hand/eye coordination and hardwiring did it for you, you big powder puff. (but still came close to losing and very well could have if JB's brain didn't get static interference)

Last edited: