Ivory joint and ferrule

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 've got a new cue coming soon cue maker offered me good deal on ivory joint I would assume this should be a hard hitting cue i'm wondering about ivory ferrules good idea or overkill . Thanks

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it a solid joint or cored?
To play with or sell?
What kind of hit do you like?
What do the players in your room play with?
What kind of hit do they like if you plan on selling it?

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like a hard hitting cue it's going to have a 3/8 11 g-10 pin plan on keeping but everythings for sale

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never had ivory ferrule on any cue have had cue years ago with g-10 pin liked the feel latety playing with alot of different cues cant get comfortable do seem to shot better with steel jointed cue lately not getting much table time

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jus4funbilliard said:
I've never had ivory ferrule on any cue have had cue years ago with g-10 pin liked the feel latety playing with alot of different cues cant get comfortable do seem to shot better with steel jointed cue lately not getting much table time

Not much table time means there being rented or you have finally realized the owner can't play in his own room.:D
Ivory ferrules will give a firm hit but it also deflects more than say melamine, If you've never played with them, why start now. Your not missing anything.
And also, Talk to the maker and see what his views might be.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing I've found about ivory ferrules is they seem to stay better looking longer than some other kinds of ferrules. I've been shooting with my current playing cue for about a month and its LBM ferrule has some scratches and chalk on it. My previous player had ivory ferrules and I played with it three times as long and they still looked brand new.

There was a brief adjustment period getting used to the ivory ferrules, as they hit harder than many other materials, but once I did adjust I loved them and, having gone back to LBM, in the future will only shoot with ivory ferrules.

dave sutton

Banned
ivory is softer then SS. ive had stiff ivory jointed cues and ive had mushy ivory jointed cues. just going to have to try it out. i only use ivory ferrules unless something else is requested