Japan Open 2015

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
July 18-20. Not too many international stars this time (the weak yen probably has something to do with it) but Biado, Bustamante and a handful of other Filipinos will be present and of course there are dozens of Japanese pros.

Here is the tournament page.

I couldn't find a link to the stream, but I am pretty sure it will be streamed. Will post it when I find it.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks
This is smaller than All Japan but does attract some Taiwanese and Filipino players

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Thanks
This is smaller than All Japan but does attract some Taiwanese and Filipino players

Entry wise, it's actually way bigger with 3-500 players every year, but it's because amateurs are allowed to play, while the All Japan is pro only.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
My goal is to play this event in 2016, it's always been a goal to visit and perhaps live in Japan so I figured going there to compete would be an excellent reason to go there!! Does anyone have any suggestions for a player going to this event internationally? Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Neil Fujiwara

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
My goal is to play this event in 2016, it's always been a goal to visit and perhaps live in Japan so I figured going there to compete would be an excellent reason to go there!! Does anyone have any suggestions for a player going to this event internationally? Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Neil Fujiwara

I believe you need to apply through your national federation if you want to play as an international player. But if you sign up to join the Japan amateur poolplayers association beforehand, you can play as an amateur representing a Japanese pool hall. I've played in it a couple times and I know a few foreigner amateurs who have as well. If you're really up for it, let me know and I can get you signed up and ready to go.

I'd say come at least a week or two before the tournament so you can get over jet lag and get some practice playing local tournaments and get adjusted. Hope to see you there!

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Thank you for the information, suggestions and offers VictorL and Hossy, I've got a friend that I will also be in contact with for this trip (Kenichi Uchigaki). I'll look up the Federation that you're talking of to see what they need to process my application for the event, I'll also look into the Amateur/pool hall route and see what works out best for my situation. Thanks again!!

Neil

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I think in the US, you'd have to submit your application through the BCA if you want to play as an international player. If you take the amateur route, the entry fee is half (15,000 yen), but then you only get 60% of the listed prize money (paid out in gift cards).

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Yes, it's confirmed.

Results:
1st. Biado
2nd. Kuribayashi
3-4th Takenaka, Kawabata
5-8th Faraon, DeLuna, Bustamante, Akagariyama

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The men's finals might not make it to Youtube. I only say that because the men's & women's semifinal matches were on 2 different uStream channels. However they streamed the women's finals while not doing so for the men for whatever reason.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
That makes sense... the women's finals was between two Japanese players, so they may have chosen to stream that match over the men's one...

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Congrats to former world #1 Carlo Biado, and to Chihiro Kawahara for winning the 2015 Japan Open in their respective divisions.

11728968_450089421836645_5011599154586939946_o.jpg

Last edited:

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Neil Fujiwara

That would be cool Neil....do it!