97.1 KB · Views: 6,732
Last edited:

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Searing Cue

A true collector cue,from the gentle giant himself Steve Mizerak. Beautiful cue Jose.KEEP IT> Rich aka the skunk.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yep saw it when it aired..You notice he doesn't mention the actual cue makers name but just that he's the Strativarius of makers... I always found that very interesting.

VERY NICE OFFERING Jose!!

Steve also mentions that the cuemaker had already died by the time the show aired in 1984. The cue in the video is a linen wrapped steel jointed cue. Pretty easy to guess the cuemaker.

Beautiful cue that I wish I could own. That statement is true for both cues. GLWYS

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I noticed the differences in the cue as well but what got me was the cue Steve referred to was worth $3k.....and this was before the movie The Color of Money was even made......so $3k was a steep price back in 1984 and after the Color of Money was released in 1986, look what it did for some cue values.....thru the roof.......and today the resale market is instead more akin to being in the basement.

Cue Addiction........I say we start a campaign to have this officially recognized by the AMA as a genuine, legitimate mental illness and maybe someday a cure will be found.....I have a very bad case of it but I am making a New Year's resolution that all of my cue collecting will absolutely conclude within the next 5 months and it's over.....finis......once and for all..........thanks to Governor Jerry Brown I will be saving a lot of money after my last cue arrives next year.

Back to the video.......$3,000 for a cue was a lot of dough back in 1984.

Matt B.

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's one of the most beautiful "simply" designed cues I've ever seen! WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I noticed the differences in the cue as well but what got me was the cue Steve referred to was worth $3k.....

I think we all know which cue that is. :wink:

Steve had a lot of cues, many cue makers gave him cues. But that was his player most of the time AFAIK.

When asked why it was worth so much he said "partly because it's mine", he didn't say that's what he had paid that for it. :wink:

The cue for sale here is awesome, and the case is awesome. :thumbup: