Proposition shots

kyle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awhile back we had a thread where someone mentioned a propostion shot where you take ball in hand behind the headstring and sink a spot shot while not letting the cue ball contact a cushion.
My best result is about 4.5 ball widths from the rail, was wondering how quickly a top player could kill the cue ball.
thanks.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billfishhead said:
ive seen Scotty damn near kill it at impact

I have also seen Scotty very effortlessly shoot the spot shot and draw it one rail with the cueball hitting more than a diamond above the side.
He has a great stroke.

I did not believe it until I saw it but Efren can shoot a spot shot and damn near stop it cold. Of course Efren can play a little.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
What if you bank the ball. I think this would become a sucker bet if you don't make it clear that you have to cut it in a certain corner.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I shot this a few times today. I was slow rolling the cue ball. The best I could do was about 5 ball widths from the end rail.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I I just shot it about 20 times, got distances from half a ball, up to 5 and a half balls from the foot rail.

CueTable Help

This was on an 8 ft table, what are you guys shooting it on?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
billfishhead said:
come to think of it Ive seen Rick Howard drill it in the corner and stop the rock
How high was he elevated?

I've seen a player pocket a spot shot and draw the cue ball a foot straight up the table. He was probably elevated 60 degrees.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
billfishhead said:
both Scotty and Rick used a level cue
We must be talking about different shots. Are you saying that they shot in a spot shot (which is about a half-ball cut shot) and stopped the cue ball dead on contact with the object ball while shooting with a level cue?

If so, I simply don't believe you.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billfishhead said:
both Scotty and Rick used a level cue

I wil give $10,000. if he can do that.If he can `t you pay me $7,250.00. OK?

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Aim fuller than you normally would to make the shot and then use english to throw it into the pocket. This is how you can play a stop shot on a cut.

If im wrong someone let me know.

regards

Last edited:

billfishhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
o k bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just got off the phone with one of the players. he explained that yes the cue was elevated and you have got to hit it hard,,,,,,,,,,like drawing the cue ball uptable

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billfishhead said:
btw vaganond for 10k scotty will work on doing it with a level cue,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

I know Scotty Townsend very well.He is the most adored/loved pool player in Mississippi,Alabama & Louisiana., North west and panhandle Florida.I will micky his burborn before he shoots.LOL:cool:

Last edited:

HitHrdNDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how to make it

i made it once and it was a fluke... don't get me wrong i would never shoot this for money even if you gave me 100 to 1 .... the way i made it was, the best way to describe it is a half-masse into the ball.. my stick was elevated at least 45 degrees and it was basically a masse shot where the cue ball curves into the angle cutting down on the tangent of the cue ball with a lot of "kill" or inside english... thats the only way i have ever seen it shot... i am not questioning anyone but making it with a level cue seems a little much to me if the shot is set up right.... unless they are playing on a slower nap cloth where the english will catch with a level cue the same as it did with my cue ball on simonis... any thoughts?