future reuse of table cloth

redwolf88

Registered
I have a 8' table with a slate bed measuring 51" X 95" .
I ordered new 9' table cloth with dimensions of 60" X 144"
I will have more than enough to do cushions and have more than needed for table bed.

I will be moving to a new home in the next year.

when I install the cloth I will have a over hang on the sides of the table of 2 1/2 in. I do not plan on trimming that . I will have the same over over hang of cloth on the length of the table .

My rational for doing this is to reuse the cloth when I move and the extra cloth will help with the reinstallation.

I will be using a staple gun with 3/8 staples and was considering using a 1 inch spray of 3M "77" around the edges of the slate when I do the install.

I have broken down 4 tables and setup the tables doing the seams and leveling the slates. I am not a pro , but the tables played without any problems.

Just looking for any do's or don'ts particularly on the glue down aspect of the install

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Don’t do it, cancel your order, if they are sending you 144 inches that means they want you to take the rail cloth from the end grain of the cloth which is a big NO-NO.
Never take rail cloth from end grain. Even Simonis tells you themselfs. See top right of the link. NO RAILS OFF THE ENDS.
Rail cloth always is to be taken from the length as shown.
http://www.simoniscloth.com/media/managed/copy/1030/10011/SimonisClothCuttingGuide.pdf

If you need Simonis cut the right way I have plenty pre cut in bed and rails sets.

Rob.M

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
they want you to take the rail cloth from the end grain of the cloth which is a big NO-NO.
Never take rail cloth from end grain. Even Simonis tells you themselfs. See top right of the link. NO RAILS OFF THE ENDS.
Rail cloth always is to be taken from the length
Do you or anyone else know exactly why this is the case?

redwolf88

Registered
Quantum Mechanics at work

First time I have heard about not using end cloth for rail coverings !
But then, I do not do this as an avocation. This project is for home use and I
can not fathom how the cue ball contact with a rail ,which would be approx 1 cm or less would be adversely affected. I can now claim that is why I missed that bank shot

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yeah, what he ^^^^^ said.
Its not that I do not believe you, I most certainly do, my question is why does it matter?? Is it something about the way it stretches?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yeah, what he ^^^^^ said.
Its not that I do not believe you, I most certainly do, my question is why does it matter?? Is it something about the way it stretches?

It stretches much further lengthwise than it does widthwise. I hope this solves the confusion.

TFT