Aramith Pro Cup cue ball improved/changed? When?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am happy to now confirm the Aramith pro cup measle cue ball is now new and improved. I ordered a box of them from my Simonis Account rep, as they are an authorized dealer. They did not come in an Individual ball blister pack as I got them in a quantity of 16, so they knocked off a couple dollars per ball off the price.

When placed next to another identical Pro Cup measle ball I’ve had for a few years but still new and unused, they are considerably whiter in color. No, the older ones have not turned yellowish over time, they were exactly that yellowish color when I received them and cut them out of the blister packaging a few years ago.

I could immediately tell a huge difference tonight when using the new ones - they stay much cleaner and extremely easy to wipe off the chalk marks - very similar to the cleanliness of the red circle cue ball. There may be some dealers still depleting their inventory of the older version of the pro cup measle ball, but the ones that I received are definitely new and improved.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am happy to now confirm the Aramith pro cup measle cue ball is now new and improved. I ordered a box of them from my Simonis Account rep, as they are an authorized dealer. They did not come in an Individual ball blister pack as I got them in a quantity of 16, so they knocked off a couple dollars per ball off the price.

When placed next to another identical Pro Cup measle ball I’ve had for a few years but still new and unused, they are considerably whiter in color. No, the older ones have not turned yellowish over time, they were exactly that yellowish color when I received them and cut them out of the blister packaging a few years ago.

I could immediately tell a huge difference tonight when using the new ones - they stay much cleaner and extremely easy to wipe off the chalk marks - very similar to the cleanliness of the red circle cue ball. There may be some dealers still clearing out their old stock of the pro cup measle ball, but the ones that I received are definitely new and improved!

Two questions
1. How can I tell I am getting the new improved one?
2. Are they available in singles?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two questions
1. How can I tell I am getting the new improved one?
2. Are they available in singles?
Yes, they are still available in singles in the blister packs. The two Aramith dealers that I’ve received Firsthand confirmation that are selling the new ones are Ivan Simonis Inc and Cuestix international. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure both of these dealers sell only to wholesale accounts. I would assume reputable dealers who sell to the public like Seyberts must have the new ones, but I would absolutely ask to make sure when you order.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, they are still available in singles in the blister packs. The two Aramith dealers that I’ve received Firsthand confirmation that are selling the new ones are Ivan Simonis Inc and Cuestix international. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure both of these dealers sell only to wholesale accounts. I would assume reputable dealers who sell to the public like Seyberts must have the new ones, but I would absolutely ask to make sure when you order.
You're the best.
Thanks for the quick response.

Sick of my dirty one

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I could immediately tell a huge difference tonight when using the new ones - they stay much cleaner and extremely easy to wipe off the chalk marks - very similar to the cleanliness of the red circle cue ball. There may be some dealers still clearing out their old stock of the pro cup measle ball, but the ones that I received are definitely new and improved!

Knowing this new information, I am now 95% sure I got an old stock ball from the place I ordered it from (Omega Billiards). The ball I got is defiantly got the yellowish tint to it and like I said earlier, is terrible for retaining chalk marks.