SVB vs Dennis ending

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if these things have been discussed elsewhere but thought this deserved its own thread.

The outcome would have been different if Shane had made the 9 ball when up 114-109 I am sure. Even so, there were several things that happened after that which would have led to a different outcome as well.

So Dennis put on a 5 pack after the miss by Shane. During that run, Dennis moved the five ball about two feet to the bottom rail. Were they not playing all ball fouls? Even so, leaving the five ball where it was made the out much easier for Dennis.

Then after Dennis had taken the lead, there was a blatant foul by Dennis after Shane played safe. Was there nobody there to watch shots? Sky talked about it being a foul for awhile. Shane then missed a tough two ball.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this. I wanted to bet on this match but in the end I decided not to.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know if these things have been discussed elsewhere but thought this deserved its own thread.

The outcome would have been different if Shane had made the 9 ball when up 114-109 I am sure. Even so, there were several things that happened after that which would have led to a different outcome as well.

So Dennis put on a 5 pack after the miss by Shane. During that run, Dennis moved the five ball about two feet to the bottom rail. Were they not playing all ball fouls? Even so, leaving the five ball where it was made the out much easier for Dennis.

Then after Dennis had taken the lead, there was a blatant foul by Dennis after Shane played safe. Was there nobody there to watch shots? Sky talked about it being a foul for awhile. Shane then missed a tough two ball.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this. I wanted to bet on this match but in the end I decided not to.

They were playing CB fouls only. I agree that moving that 5 ball made the run out easier, but I don't think it was intentional.

It definitely appeared to be a foul on that jump shot where Dennis hit the 5 first instead of the 2.

But I agree, the real turning point was that missed 9 ball. It was basically straight in and missing it really cost Shane the momentum.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To be fair Dennis missed a lot of shots earlier in day 3 that if he made could have really evened out the score or taken the lead. So there were a ton of missed opportunities on both sides that really could have changed the outcome.

The foul you are talking about was a table length jump where the 2 and 5 were almost touching each other, where the 2 had to be cut towards the pocket. Hate to say this, but not sure if Skylars commentary would be the best judgement at the time as he might have been hitting the bottle a bit too hard...

Also they were playing cue ball foul only it seems. SVB a bunch of times throughout the match just seemed like he didn’t care. Wouldn’t get up to look at push outs and just let Dennis shoot. Seems like he didn’t really care about that 5 ball when it was moved either.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw the jump shot and it looked like a good hit to me. Neither player acted as if it was a foul either. But Sky said he was 100% sure it was a foul. I would like to see the replay.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair Dennis missed a lot of shots earlier in day 3 that if he made could have really evened out the score or taken the lead. So there were a ton of missed opportunities on both sides that really could have changed the outcome.

The foul you are talking about was a table length jump where the 2 and 5 were almost touching each other, where the 2 had to be cut towards the pocket. Hate to say this, but not sure if Skylars commentary would be the best judgement at the time as he might have been hitting the bottle a bit too hard...

Also they were playing cue ball foul only it seems. SVB a bunch of times throughout the match just seemed like he didn’t care. Wouldn’t get up to look at push outs and just let Dennis shoot. Seems like he didn’t really care about that 5 ball when it was moved either.

I am sure they both missed shots they were supposed to make but ripping a 9 ball that close to the end was a huge momentum shift. Also rough seeing them both scratch on the break.

I thought there was no way that was a good hit on two ball. It just seems odd playing for that amount of money that nobody was watching the shot. Also seems strange that SVB would have that attitude in general even without the money because he should want to drill Dennis anyway. I only saw the last 40 games or so. Maybe Shane thought he would win no matter what? Hard to say.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure they both missed shots they were supposed to make but ripping a 9 ball that close to the end was a huge momentum shift. Also rough seeing them both scratch on the break.

I thought there was no way that was a good hit on two ball. It just seems odd playing for that amount of money that nobody was watching the shot. Also seems strange that SVB would have that attitude in general even without the money because he should want to drill Dennis anyway. I only saw the last 40 games or so. Maybe Shane thought he would win no matter what? Hard to say.