Celebrities and Pool

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, what celebrities do you all know that actually play pool. When I mean celebrities I am talking like actors or singers, etc.

I know Paul Newman must love pool since he played in both the Hustler and the Color of Money.

Who all do you guys know that are celebrities and avid pool players?

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
I have seen quite a few, since I have lived in both NYC and L.A.
Celebs I have actually seen in a pool hall; Liev Schrieber, Eric La Salle, Jason Lewis, Jason Gedrick, Paul Sovorino, Anthony Michale Hall, Jerry Seinfield, Ron Perlman and Dan Futterman.

I have heard that these people also play; Sarah McLachlan, Michael Vartan from Alias(supposedly wanted to go pro), Hugh Grant, Matthew Perry andTom Waits.

Oh and I forgot here in Atlanta I saw the heavy black guy from SNL and I hear the Indigo Girls play at Mr. Cues sometimes.

Last edited:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smokeandapancak said:
Just saw you are from CC TX..... you wouldnt by chance knowa fella by the name of Dusitn Guzman?

Not that I am aware of........why?

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
ric smitts?

the flying dutchman.....and Reggie Miller..... I could just imagine the dough bet up between those two a few years ago...

wasnt smitts like 7ft....never seen such a tall player..wonder what size cue he used

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smokeandapancak said:
just an ol Army buddy I used to shoot with here...thought he might still be playing back home

Don't know if he came back to CC or not, I have never heard of him.

I was in the Army 4 years, and wife was in 10 years. We both play all over Corpus, and I haven't met him Yet....

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
well last I talked to him was 2 years ago.. in CC but playing poker for a living ... and I use the term "living " loosely

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peter Falk (Acted as Columbo), Jerry Orbach, Cristopher Walken, Clint Eastwood.

Willie

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Cuaba said:
Michael Jordan
Kiefer Sutherland
Mars Callahan

I can't believe I forgot Kiefer, I actually played in a tournament with him at Hollywood Billiards!

Oh and Joe Rogan!

Last edited:

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuechick said:
I can't believe I forgot Kiefer, I actually played in a tournament with him at Hollywood Billiards!

Oh and Joe Rogan!

Oooh, I've been outed :)

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
txplshrk said:
Ok, what celebrities do you all know that actually play pool. When I mean celebrities I am talking like actors or singers, etc.

I know Paul Newman must love pool since he played in both the Hustler and the Color of Money.

Who all do you guys know that are celebrities and avid pool players?

I believe the motivation was money.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Joe Rogan said:
Oooh, I've been outed :)

Ha, if you are really the Joe Rogan, it is not the first time you have been mentioned. When he (you?) was on that celeb billiards show, there was some talk about you (him?) being a B player on the tri state tour...?

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another one for you guys, Dean Stockwell, who played "Al" in Quantum Leap, they had an episode, named after one of Tuts Washington's piano tracks, "Pool Hall Blues", the cue stick in that show, "Alberta", I believe was Dean's own cue stick, but I think that Scott Bakula also shoots pool regularly also :)

Willie