To BeCue or Not to BeCue - That is the question

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I acquired an Italian BeCue today and am looking forward to doing a review on it after I play with it on Sunday.

I have hit a few balls with one a while back, but that was for just a few minutes. However, within that limited time, I was able to figure out that the cue would hit solid and saw that it would easily move the cue ball around the table.

I'm accumulating cues faster than I can figure them out and review them. Somebody please stop me. :)

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I acquired an Itlaian BeCue today and am looking forward to doing a review on it after I play with it on Sunday.

I have hit a few balls with one a while back, but that was for just a few minutes. However, within that limited time, I was able to figure out that the cue would hit solid and saw that it would easily move the cue ball around the table.

I'm accumulating cues faster than I can figure them out and review them. Somebody please stop me. :)

I am very curious about these cues. Sincerely intrigued.

At the same time I sort of resent them in an odd way.

Anyway, I look forward to your review.

And I understand your cue problem. There is no cure.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot to mention that this cue doesn't have the standard 29" shaft. It has a 30" shaft made for it, making the cue 59".

Last edited:

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I acquired an Italian BeCue today and am looking forward to doing a review on it after I play with it on Sunday.

I can relate. I'm fairly new to the game and am already fighting the urge to buy cues faster than any reasonable person should. If you're not spending more than you can afford then go ahead and buy yourself some toys! I've never heard of BeCue so I await your update as to how you got it and how it plays.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Although it was rough at first, I stuck with it because I sensed my game would jump once I adjusted. It did. There is no doubt I've improved with the BeCue. I love it. It took several months for me to fully adjust but the cue is more consistent than any I've used.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, it comes with the standard 29" shaft. There are also a 30" and 31" shaft, which are options. You should also know that the shaft has a conical taper. They introduced a version with a pro taper this month. So you need to specify which taper you want.

Last edited:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The documents (3 pages) has the specifications for the Becue shooting cue - shaft options and soon to be released break cue. Questions or to place an order USA@BECUEOFFICIAL.COM

Attachments

• BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-1.jpg
    BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,607
  • BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-2.jpg
    BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,563
  • BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-3.jpg
    BECUE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS August 22 2017-3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,578
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK folks, here's the deal.

I just got my new Prime (pro taper) shaft for the Becue and it has an Ultras-soft tip on it. I had them ship me another of the same tip and I'm having it put on the 5.1 (conical shaft). I won't get that shaft back until sometime this week, so I didn't get a chance to compare the shafts with the same type of tips.

Now for the review of the cue with the Prime shaft after about 10 hours of playing with it today.

I can't think of enough superlatives to give this cue the rating that it deserves. I have hit with LOTS and LOTS of cues over the 50 years I've played, but I think this cue may be the best hitting cue made. I don't care if you have a Szamboti, a Balabushka, a Southwest, or whatever, it ISN'T going to hit better than this cue and that is a FACT.

One of the other Becue owners on here said something like "it goes through the ball" and that is exactly what it does It may be the "purist" hitting cue on the market. You can hit ALL OVER the cue ball and you never feel that "boing" or vibrating-type hit that you feel with regular shaft when you hit the very extreme edges of the cue ball. It makes it feel like you are hitting center cue ball on every shot.

The cue seems to generate a lot more power with less force than a wooden cue. It must be because the entire cue is made of carbon fiber...not just the shaft. You can really move the cue ball without a lot of effort. I must say the Ultra-skin soft will generate a LOT of spin if you rev it up with a power stroke. I had a couple people come over and ask me what type of tip I was using because I was making the cue ball MOVE.

I sit up some shots where I put an object ball on the long rail about six inches above the side pocket and I put the cue ball about an inch off the same side rail and back down the table below the spot. This gives you almost a 5-foot shot that is practically straight in with the object ball on the rail. I was DRILLING this shot over and over and bringing the cue ball 3 and 4 rails back down table for position for a ball on the end rail behind the spot. On the table I was playing on, which doesn't have the fastest cloth, you have to put some serious "HOUDINI" on the ball to power it back from that shallow of an angle. The cue ball is traveling about 20 feet.

There is very little deflection on this shaft. I usually use my Predator FAT 314-2 and I think it has a bit more deflection that this shaft, but I didn't have any trouble adjusting to it. The whole time I was shooting with it, I was thinking it may be the first "point and shoot" cue...sort of WYSIWYG...what you see is what you get.

I will say right now that I don't think ANYBODY can make a wood shaft that hits as precise and solid as this shaft hits.

I know the shaft must have a bit of flex in it, but I never noticed it or felt it. You can generate a lot of "swerve" with the shaft for EXTREME back cuts. I shot some balls that looked impossible to make but the cue ball swerved at the last moment and spun the object ball at cut angles so far backwards that some people asked me how I did it.

If you want to collect fancy cues then keep right on doing it. If you want a cue that is strictly a high-performance PLAYER that will do EVERYTHING your cue can and MORE, then try out one these cues.

Then again, don't try it out...you might start shooting so good that you will sell all your other stuff and you won't look so fancy.

The more I shot with this cue, the more I wanted to keep playing beyond the 10 hours I played. It hits so good it may be against the law.

If Mosconi had this cue he may have run 526 balls every time he played

Last edited:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if I can be of help. I will be on the road later this month. I will have both Becue Shafts, the Dart Matter break cue and the extension to demo. Birmingham Alabama Oct 30 - November 2 then North Alabama (Decatur area) and then Louisville KY area for the 6th Nov.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or you can message me here or on FaceBook

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with this Becue and the Prime shaft for a couple months now and it feels really strange when I hit with one of my other cues now.

NONE of them feel like the Becue when it comes to hit.

The Becue has to be tried to understand what I'm talking about. It really can't be explained when it comes to the difference in the way it transfers the energy from the cue to the cue ball.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ricky will be at SBE with the Becue.

If you go, make sure you stop by his booth and try it out.

Myrtle_04

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you still play with this cue? Which Taper do you prefer? Have they changed the taper on the shafts since they went to the black version?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you still play with this cue? Which Taper do you prefer? Have they changed the taper on the shafts since they went to the black version?
I still play with it and I always have it in my bag which carries three cues.

I carry the black Prime M 12mm shaft and haven’t played with the white one in a while. I think the black ones and the white ones have the same taper, or very close.

They do not make the white ones any more. I have one that I have used a lot and another brand new one.

The black ones are way slicker, but I love the white ones for sighting down…much better visibility and contrast against the table cloth.

Myrtle_04

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still play with it and I always have it in my bag which carries three cues.

I carry the black Prime M 12mm shaft and haven’t played with the white one in a while. I think the black ones and the white ones have the same taper, or very close.

They do not make the white ones any more. I have one that I have used a lot and another brand new one.

The black ones are way slicker, but I love the white ones for sighting down…much better visibility and contrast against the table cloth.
Awesome. Right now I use a touch of ultra glide on the white prime 12.0. I'm hoping for some reviews on the new engage shaft by summer or I was told that I can order a Prime M with a white ferrule that is shown on their "K" Shaft. They say the technolgy is the same, but it makes me nervous. I would almost rather get the regular one and then tape it off and paint the clear pad with white-out or something. I used the black Prime M 12.5 for a few months, so maybe i'm just overthinking it.