Predator Revo Shafts

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Do you chalk the edges of the tip?

It could also be your stroke at certain shots that's causing the miscue.
I make sure that the entire tip is chalked. When I say near the edge, I don't mean ON the edge. It very well could be that my last miscue the other night in a league match was due to too low of a hit for a draw shot.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I had never heard of this chalk. I just ordered two cubes. (I see that it's Mako Blue).

Think they have 4 colors, white, tan(sand shark), light blue(mako) & simonis blue(thresher). I've used mako for a year, use thresher now since it came out.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok this is for all who are now using a Revo shaft.
Whats the verdict?
Please provide a quick review.
Happy? Just Ok? Best shaft ever?
Thanks in advance.
gordml
Sorry for bringing back this thread that's been inactive for 2 weeks, but now 6 months since I switched from my Predator Vantage shaft to a Revo shaft, my trial is over and I'm going back to my Vantage shaft. I'm just not happy with the feel and feedback I get from the Revo as opposed to the Vantage shaft. As I've been happy with my game lately, I'm just switching back to see what happens.

Another factor that may have affected my performance with it, is that the only way I could use the Revo was with a Predator butt with a 4-inch extension. I needed the extra length due to be 6'5", and the Pechauer butt and Vantage shaft I switched from was 2" extra length (1" butt and 1" shaft).

I will report back in a few weeks with an update as to my thoughts after switching back, once I've had same time to make a fair comparison.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Is the REVO shaft for sale Chris?
JoeyA

Sorry for bringing back this thread that's been inactive for 2 weeks, but now 6 months since I switched from my Predator Vantage shaft to a Revo shaft, my trial is over and I'm going back to my Vantage shaft. I'm just not happy with the feel and feedback I get from the Revo as opposed to the Vantage shaft. As I've been happy with my game lately, I'm just switching back to see what happens.

Another factor that may have affected my performance with it, is that the only way I could use the Revo was with a Predator butt with a 4-inch extension. I needed the extra length due to be 6'5", and the Pechauer butt and Vantage shaft I switched from was 2" extra length (1" butt and 1" shaft).

I will report back in a few weeks with an update as to my thoughts after switching back, once I've had same time to make a fair comparison.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone has used a Revo with a Lucasi uni loc?

I too would really prefer a 30" shaft. Guess it might be a while before they are available.

ice-9

Registered
I have a strange feeling we are going to see a Zevo. I just asked if anyone had heard any such things yet in the main forum.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the REVO shaft for sale Chris?
JoeyA
Not for sale immediately, but it may be within a few weeks once I determine whether I'm playing better / worse / or the same, once I switch back to my Vantage shaft and see how I play. If there is a difference in less deflection between a Revo and Vantage shaft, it is quite small and is only a factor on certain shots. I'll be able to confirm this better once I switch back and play for a while with the Vantage shaft.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a strange feeling we are going to see a Zevo. I just asked if anyone had heard any such things yet in the main forum.

Not sure about the name as Sylvania (Osram) already uses that for their LED Light bulbs.

Maybe REVO^2 or something along those lines.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

From what I've been hearing, an 11.8mm is next on the block to be released. Heard by the end of the year. Believe Darren Appleton's has been 11.8 since he went to it full time.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've played with both and there is very little difference in cue ball deflection, imo. I think the REVO has a tiny bit less deflection but the big difference is in the tapers. I don't like the conical taper on a Vantage shaft although I can make cut shots with side spin quite easy. The straighter taper of the REVO feels better to me. I wish they would make a 30" REVO shaft in 12.25, 12.4 & 12.9. Oh well, I am just a dreamer.

JoeyA

Not for sale immediately, but it may be within a few weeks once I determine whether I'm playing better / worse / or the same, once I switch back to my Vantage shaft and see how I play. If there is a difference in less deflection between a Revo and Vantage shaft, it is quite small and is only a factor on certain shots. I'll be able to confirm this better once I switch back and play for a while with the Vantage shaft.

ice-9

Registered
From what I've been hearing, an 11.8mm is next on the block to be released. Heard by the end of the year. Believe Darren Appleton's has been 11.8 since he went to it full time.

I can't wait for this, I love the 12.4, but miss the smaller tip.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with both and there is very little difference in cue ball deflection, imo. I think the REVO has a tiny bit less deflection but the big difference is in the tapers. I don't like the conical taper on a Vantage shaft although I can make cut shots with side spin quite easy. The straighter taper of the REVO feels better to me. I wish they would make a 30" REVO shaft in 12.25, 12.4 & 12.9. Oh well, I am just a dreamer.

JoeyA

Joey, BeCue has been making them for over a year now. I have 2 31" 12.0 mm prime shafts. They made me a 31" butt, so no more extension needed in the middle.

Here's video of me using the BeCue...with a Kamui black medium tip...you can hear the sound of the hit as well as see the aesthetic of the cue.

https://youtu.be/fP4D2J19E_Q

ice-9

Registered
Joey, BeCue has been making them for over a year now. I have 2 31" 12.0 mm prime shafts. They made me a 31" butt, so no more extension needed in the middle.

Here's video of me using the BeCue...with a Kamui black medium tip...you can hear the sound of the hit as well as see the aesthetic of the cue.

https://youtu.be/fP4D2J19E_Q

Becue needs to make a unilock shaft. I understand the concept of the cue etc, however, I don't want to really buy a single cue I can't change out the shafts.The revo performs famously well.

Hobo

Banned
Ok this is for all who are now using a Revo shaft.
Whats the verdict?
Please provide a quick review.
Happy? Just Ok? Best shaft ever?
Thanks in advance.
gordml

No complaints..low deflection..soft hit...light and hollow feel. My 314 feels a bit clunky after the revo...actually any cue does. I like it...it's probably the cue I should play with all the time but I like to switch things up...have a vantage shaft..an ob...Lucassi...Pechauer coming.

Last edited:

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think i will try out a revo in a year or so after trying to refresh myself with a new cue and playing once again. I will add a solid maple shaft at some point as well perhaps an OB.