Tiger X Pro shaft

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger Butterfly Cue

Hello,

I picked up a Tiger cue at last years Expo. Got it with a X pro shaft.

At the time cue was prototype by Tiger, they had only one /two styles in booth.
The cue reminded me of what Willie Blade is doing in the Ukraine. I mentioned this to Tony Kalamdaryan in the Tiger booth at the time, maybe that was the inspiration for this line.

I got it with an extension that couples to butt of the cue with an adapter bumper.
What they do is take rubber bumper out which is threaded and screw in a light plastic threaded piece that a small bumper screws into. the extension screws onto the plastic piece.

They introduced this cue with a new pin design. It is a 3/8x8 quick release. You can tighten it up pretty snug and when you got to break down cue ..comes apart very easily.
I was already a fan of big pin wood to wood joints. My main player is Southwest style 3/8x11.

Cue hits firm with nice feedback even with the X Pro LD shaft. The shaft is stiff. It has Tiger's Onyx tip on it. The tip holds shape and requires very very little maintenance.
Prior to this cue I was familiar with Predator Z shaft, which I have had Kamui Black softs on. The tip I would consider a hard tip.

This review is based on year of play..mostly 8 Ball bar box and straight pool leagues.
If I decide to keep it will probably grab a standard shaft from Tiger at this years Expo.

IMG_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
x pro

any input from players familiar with X Pro shaft and Onyx tip.

I know there are million tip and shaft combos out there theses days.

Soliciting players who have tried other tips with the Xpro shaft.
My only comparison is with Z shaft with a Black Kamuii soft, but the Xpro is very different than the Z.

MalibuMike

Banned
I was lucky enought to get the Proto Xpro as well!

Its one of my top 3 shafts!
I got the 30" ExPro with the new logo and tip size 12.25mm (up from 11.75mm) It plays awesome!
Better then the Revo, see my Revo on my sig pic below, I sold it for another Mezz ExPro! Also up there with the Tiger Xpro is the Jacoby UltraPro!
Onyx Tips are awesome, as good as any Zan!

Attachments

• user71166_pic18527_1533583590.jpg
    user71166_pic18527_1533583590.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Shaft3.jpg
    Shaft3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 774