Nothing to be a shamed of GENE!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
How many softball players would step to the plate against Nolan Ryan....not very many..... so he lost... big whoop. Get over it. You seem to be the only one is upset the Gene dared to play him....

If I wanted to blow some money I could call Chris out too. It would be the same result. Why should I clap for the guy dumb enough to fist fight a grizzly bear at his funeral?

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Most players nowadays will not even get up and play because if they lose their egos would be destroyed!

Even know it wasnt close i give GENE tons of credit for getting up there and trying!

After all. name any other pro player that would give up home field and play on the other players table, not many if any!

Bartram is for sure a much better player then Gene and it showed!

Keep ur head up Gene you took on a giant and got beat, but atlease you know were you stand now!

It would take one of the best players in the world to go in there and beat Bartram on his table, and iam not so sure they would win either, if they did beat Bart in his pool room i believe it would be a hell of a battle and most pro players are not looking for battles like that!

Some good things in your post
But remember for 4 years a lot of talk how he would beat me
I mean there are so many other players he could play even
And he bet 500 only cause he knew he would get money back for ppv
So lets not act like he showed a lot of gamble

1 man and no aiming system
How did I do with no aiming system vs perfect aiming system ?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I lost $50 the first night and won $80 the 2nd night giving 2:1 and 7.5 games. So no... I didn't.

Oh, even better.. so you won a whole friggin $30 on the blow out of the century ... lol.

Gene got crushed and made more money than you :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
There was just so much talk for 4 years and he would never play
Really there are about 200 players around the country he could play even why me
If I lost I would never hear the end of this
And he played but didn't put any money on the line
He'll I wanted to play the loser got zero of ppv
Like I said gene is not a bad guy just out of his mind

I'm also going to start giving lessons

Lessons ? why not....give out some of your mental secrets.... that is most folks biggest problem when playing... Hell, I'll be your first student :)

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Oh, even better.. so you won a whole friggin $30 on the blow out of the century ... lol.

We don't know yet for sure
But I think gene will be 150 to 200 to the bad plus hotel

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Yea, cause it was real easy to find people to bet on Gene.

But it's all good. I made more than Gene did at work those days before lunch time. I'm doing ok.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Lessons ? why not....give out some of your mental secrets.... that is most folks biggest problem when playing... Hell, I'll be your first student :)

Thanks
Maybe we will start with you
I can't charge what those guys charge just can't make myself do it
Prolly 50 an hour tops

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Both these guys showed me something during this match. Chris showed me he is as good a player as the experts said he was....I had my doubts before the match. Bartrum has the game I have only in my dreams. Its not very often I see a player shoot fearlessly at tight pockets with whitey so loaded with spin. Chris did this over and over again and rarely missed, he did this shooting hard and always got shape.

Gene showed me that I need a lesson from him if he ever drifts near the high country. I am sure he has had many days where he ruled the roost. As far as Gene's trash talking goes what better time to do it then before the match. I would much rather seen him do it the way he did then to go into this game sniveling and lacking confidence. It was his barking that milked 25 frog skins from my wallet and I was happy to send them.

Big Truck you did good with this one.
Chris there is a few players I would sure like to see you play.
Gene bring that van near Denver and show me how to spear that object ball in on that long straight in shot while drawing the cue ball back four foot for perfect shape.

Thanks for the show.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks
Maybe we will start with you
I can't charge what those guys charge just can't make myself do it
Prolly 50 an hour tops

Pretty reasonable....You might even find out that you like doing it...some folks are born teachers without even knowing it !!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Pretty reasonable....You might even find out that you like doing it...some folks are born teachers without even knowing it !!

I stayed with Chris once. I played on his table in the garage almost the whole time while he watched football on his couch. LOL it was a good lesson.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
There was just so much talk for 4 years and he would never play
Really there are about 200 players around the country he could play even why me
If I lost I would never hear the end of this
And he played but didn't put any money on the line
He'll I wanted to play the loser got zero of ppv
Like I said gene is not a bad guy just out of his mind

I'm also going to start giving lessons

Congrats on your win!:)
All that talk and hype and Gene didn't really put any money on the line? I must admit thats disappointing. :shrug: Well at least he played you, even though he didn't really put his money where his mouth is/was.

You should play him on the barbox too :wink:

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
What amazes me is the internet commandos that DOWN Gene for stepping up to the plate when he knew full well the odds were against him.

At times, in my distant past, I stepped up through ignorance or pride and bet what I could afford.

Got my azz toasted more than I would like to remember, but the way I look at it................................. I went into battle.

And the reverse side of that coin is....................occassionaly, I won.

I won enough to not lose faith in myself. Call it rolls or anything you want.

All I can say is:

The good times are there to be enjoyed and the bad times are there to be learned from!

The most important lesson I learned was where, and I mean exactly where, I stood in the pecking order as far as matching up.

You live, you learn, unless you're a retard or a gamblin' fool.

I took off my share of retards and fools. Got toasted cuz pride, other sh*t got in the way of common sense or I just needed to know.

Stupidity aside, I stepped up which is way better, I figure, than 98% than most of you keyboard commandos.

I dare anyone of you that condemns Gene for trying to step up to the plate with Bartram and try the same game. After all, if you didn't get it, Chris is barking for another game. From Gene or anyone!

Stones> saw Chris play at the Texas State 9 Ball Championships a few years ago. All I can say is "WOW!"

Last edited:

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
If I wanted to blow some money I could call Chris out too. It would be the same result. Why should I clap for the guy dumb enough to fist fight a grizzly bear at his funeral?

Its called balls.
The man is how much older and in how much worse physical shape than Chris ? He still showed up and did what he could do, he didnt duck it, he gave it his best shot and the better man won.
Thats why you clap for a guy like that.

It's called balls.

It's called publicity. This was clearly a publicity stunt more than a contest. Gene put no money into it, so it's not called balls.

I'd never seen either play but two mins on youtube told me this was a no contest from the start. Gene can't play, and Bartram describing him as being out of his mind is apt. But anyone piling in on him for mentioning the table need to get a clue because tables like that require a LOT of adjustment, no matter who you are. I also thought he was gracious in defeat.

Just another pointless diversion in the soap opera of {ahem} professional pool.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since some of you stated that Gene can't play, are you going to offer Gene a lot of weight to play you?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
as do you,

you really got the stones to show up tomaro????

What are you talking about?? First off, what's *tomorrow?? Are you talking about going to Steinway because I've been there this week.

Should I be scared of something?

Last edited:

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have my helping of crow, I knew Chris had beat Mika a few times, and had to play strong. Are there any links to videos of him playing his top speed.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene bring that van near Denver and show me how to spear that object ball in on that long straight in shot while drawing the cue ball back four foot for perfect shape.

Thanks for the show.

Funny. I just did this last night....and then dogged the 8 ball!:thud:

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its called balls.
The man is how much older and in how much worse physical shape than Chris ? He still showed up and did what he could do, he didnt duck it, he gave it his best shot and the better man won.
Thats why you clap for a guy like that.

I got balls and I hate money just like Gene....bart I'll play you a set for 500:thumbup: