The lack of professionalism

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Pretty sure I've gotten the message.

Interesting. Disappointing, but interesting.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Again, this isn't a situation of "Rick's Friends" vs "Rick's Enemies". It truly isn't.

I've pointed out to you that Rick got on the bad side of PJ, JB, Lou and Neil. That is not exactly a close-knit clique. There are many, many, many, MANY long-time AZB members who have had this experience, some of whom won't post here any longer because of Rick and others like him. These are people that don't all group themselves together, seeing who they can pick on next.

I've not seen Bob post in any sort of manner that indicates he's "siding" with anyone. I believe he is friendly with Dr. Dave, as they have done many projects together, so perhaps him, in a scientific context. I maintain that I've never seen Bob be cross with anyone here. He always brings a professional and clinical approach to whichever subject he takes the time to actually comment on here. And he's always respectful, even to Rick.

I'm taking it from your posts that you truly have not experienced the "full Rick". I appreciate that you want to allow for the opposite view point of any given situation, but I promise you, this was no witch hunt. Not a case of bullying "poor Rick." He brought this upon himself. Many of us have tried reasoning with him in the past, if only to have a civil discussion. He wasn't receptive to that, and turned that into a much bigger conflagration. I'm still not convinced that it wasn't an elaborate online persona, or if he was really that far out there, which is why I held back arguing with him for a long time.

Have a good night.

Rick was never on my bad side. I was simply exasperated by his unwillingness to budge once he figured he was "right" about something.

I simply gave up trying to converse with him. I personally appreciate a good discussion and like to forced to think about my position and whether it's solid or not.

But when the conversation boils down to is too/is not with 10,000 extra words it's frustrating.

Rarely is anything in the world absolutely black and white. But to Rick it seemed to me that just about everything was clearly black and white.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I made a startment that was not about disagreeing on anything. The statement was a point of view about this forum. You not knowing the difference is the issue.

You're someone else who who should self-censor. You're in a lot of ways one of the worst offenders here.

You literally can NOT run three balls and yet you presume to converse as if you are an experienced authority on pool. You have consistently ruined many discussions with your nonsensical and nonfactual comments.

Then there have been the personal attacks you have perpetrated through the years.

If I were a moderator here you would have been gone long ago. Someone whose only contributions are disruptive and negative would not be welcome on any forum I own. Rick, for all of his OCD qualities, was 1000x times the contributor to the forum than you have been in my opinion.

You are in fact one of the reasons I find this forum to be so much less enjoyable as it once was. When I see you post it turns my stomach. I even prefer Patrick Johnson and Lou Figueroa to you.

Both of those men are diametrically opposed to how I experience pool but both of them are quality players who put a lot of good reasoning into their arguments. You on the other hand are not even that good at understanding the points you try to make.

And you snipe. You post nonsense then run away. You won't stand still for a discussion of your points. You are in short one of the worst types of characters on the internet. People like you have no place in discussion forums IMO. I would relegate you to lurker for sure.

Is that harsh? It's intended to be. I would rather have a 1000 honest and intelligent critics than one person like you on my forums.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
So, you're thinking that ignoring him would make it all better?

If it was the occasional posting here or there, that certainly could work. Rick spammed every thread he commented in, and when people stopped replying to him, he would quote himself.

This is a forum, and many of us like to interact with one another. When someone brazenly defecates all over "our" forum (yes, it is a collective "our"..... people make up a forum, and many, many long-time contributors to this forum got caught up in his wake), we should just let him keep doing it with no response? Yes, most folks could probly tell he was out there on their own, but new folks to the forum wouldnt know that.

I'm amazed at the sympathy he has generated here. Still, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions, which is what makes a forum interesting. So long as it doesnt turn into a certain style of mess.....

Very good post Dub. The bottom line, some folks want to discuss pool related subjects. Thus, if someone really, really loves Ford's, they should stay out of the Chevy threads, it's that simple. Instead we get folks who want to "argue" about the topic...if someone wants some advice on a consistent ball pocketing, then let them give it. Buyer beware.

If another person does not agree with said "system" to pocket balls, then provide your best answer and move on. nobody's life is in danger based on how they want to learn to pocket a few billiard balls, so if they get "bad" advice, they will soon know it. Thus, present your case, and don't argue over linguistics or other nit picky stuff... if you don't like it, don't try it. Pretty simple really.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Very good post Dub. The bottom line, some folks want to discuss pool related subjects. Thus, if someone really, really loves Ford's, they should stay out of the Chevy threads, it's that simple. Instead we get folks who want to "argue" about the topic...if someone wants some advice on a consistent ball pocketing, then let them give it. Buyer beware.

If another person does not agree with said "system" to pocket balls, then provide your best answer and move on. nobody's life is in danger based on how they want to learn to pocket a few billiard balls, so if they get "bad" advice, they will soon know it. Thus, present your case, and don't argue over linguistics or other nit picky stuff... if you don't like it, don't try it. Pretty simple really.

Ah, but apparently I'm "self-appointed forum Police"....so what do I know?

I know enough to see how things are going around here, significantly different that the good old days. It's a shame, but all things change, inevitably. Some for the better, some otherwise...