How much more accurate are the REVO shafts?

MrPoolZen

Rack Em!
Silver Member
Revo Shaft black residue on bridge hand.

I just received my Predator Revo Shaft in the Radial 12.4 mm and am wondering if anyone has noticed a black transfer from the shaft to your bridge hand making your hand black after shooting with the shaft for a few hours of play?

Also, when I wiped the shaft down when I finished playing I used a very damp white industrial napkin and the napkin turned black too.

I'm surprised no one else has commented on this or had a similar experience?

By the way, I love my Revo and am very thankful I now own this shaft.

Chad in Vegas

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I just received my Predator Revo Shaft in the Radial 12.4 mm and am wondering if anyone has noticed a black transfer from the shaft to your bridge hand making your hand black after shooting with the shaft for a few hours of play?

Also, when I wiped the shaft down when I finished playing I used a very damp white industrial napkin and the napkin turned black too.

Chad in Vegas

Neither one of my shafts ever did that, I played for 12 hours yesterday.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Chad in Vegas

Never experienced the black on my hand. When I use the Revo wipes 1x a week, it's dirty after, more a blackish color than blue but I do think it's just chalk. It's so smooth stroking the cue though no matter the temp conditions.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much more accurate are the REVO shafts? - 06-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Not as accurate as next years model,,, and it won't be as accurate as the one that comes out the year after!

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Revo shaft is so accurate that I can lean it against the wall and run out from my chair.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

Not as accurate as next years model,,, and it won't be as accurate as the one that comes out the year after!

The REVO 2 will be amazing. I can see the commercials now...

"You thought the REVO 1 was indestructible and had little deflection? Well let us introduce you to the REVO 2 which has negative deflection." *Camera pans out to a desert in the Middle East, where we see several nuclear missiles being launched at one target, only to see the dust settle and the REVO 2 stands tall without a scratch*

Take all my monies.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

The REVO 2 will be amazing. I can see the commercials now...

"You thought the REVO 1 was indestructible and had little deflection? Well let us introduce you to the REVO 2 which has negative deflection." *Camera pans out to a desert in the Middle East, where we see several nuclear missiles being launched at one target, only to see the dust settle and the REVO 2 stands tall without a scratch*

Take all my monies.

Reminds me of all the CTE type aiming systems over the last 20 years. Each one was proclaimed to be perfect for all shots dead center pocket until another version came out after which everyone admits the last version really wasn't so great. And so it will be with the current version in time once the new one comes along as the cycle continues.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
It's funny all the people with the jokes. It was my plan to do the same except this time I decided to try the product before making the jokes. Glad I did because I came across something that is pretty awesome. If you haven't given it a real chance, you should.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing but angry people who hate anything new ... god forbid someone try to inavate. Lol I mean how silly would it be if I said Ferraris drive like shit and our slow terrible sports cars .. nothing but hype! I mean I drove one or even sat in one but my opinion matters!!! :thumbup: people need something to complain about . That's the nature of the internet.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing but angry people who hate anything new ... god forbid someone try to inavate. Lol I mean how silly would it be if I said Ferraris drive like shit and our slow terrible sports cars .. nothing but hype! I mean I drove one or even sat in one but my opinion matters!!! :thumbup: people need something to complain about . That's the nature of the internet.

Exactly and right on. I play with the Predator LE-4 Roadline and the REVO 12.9MM shaft. Best combo I've ever held in my hands. We've got to remember that most pool players can't afford their share of the rent this month much less spend $500 on a shaft so naturally, they will scoff without getting to try the REVO. AZB does certainly have it's aspiring comedians and clowns. Must be kind of a proving ground before they dress up as clowns for the kid's birthday party.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Lol geez you guys are so sensitive. I actually have tried the Revo and I like it. I was just making a joke about the inevitable new Revo that will come out in a couple of years. Think about it, they've already made a shaft that surpasses the Z3, 314-3 and vantage in all categories, you think if they come out with a 314-4 or Z4 people will buy it? I think they've dug themselves in a hole and can only continue to expand on the revo shaft.

Don't take life too seriously gentlemen.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol geez you guys are so sensitive. I actually have tried the Revo and waiting for mine to arrive in the mail, I was just making a joke about the inevitable new Revo that will come out in a couple of years. Think about it, they've already made a shaft that surpasses the Z3, 314-3 and vantage in all categories, you think if they come out with a 314-4 or Z4 people will buy it? I think they've dug themselves in a hole and can only continue to expand on the revo shaft.

Don't take life too seriously gentlemen.

You are correct, but isn't that just smart business? I think the next thing will be to fill in the gap with the 12.6MM or 12.7MM and then there will be REVO 2. Just follow one golf club company to see how they've got to come up with something new to keep the buying public spending money. Smart business, employs people, good for everyone.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I know what I want.............

I'm holding out for a CUSTOM REVO shaft.

JoeyA

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're just doing the two Uni-Loc's right now.
Don't know why.
Was Predator involved in inventing or marketing them?

Just call them and talk to them, I did.

They have limited the pin types (a joint is not just the pin) to the only two joints that are superior enough to handle the tolerances.

All of the other pin types are pressed or rolled, very inconsistent. The Uni-Loc brand pins are actually machined parts of the highest tolerance.

Why would they put a superior product on an inferior pin?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with a 12.4 mm Revo the last few months. I played with a Z-2 (11.75 mm) for many years before that. I think the amount of CB deflection (squirt) is very close to the same for both. I aim the exact same way when using english with both. The only things I had to adjust to were:

1.) The feel/hit is very different; but this isn't that important to me and I got used to the new feel and sound quickly. I only care about where the CB goes, not what the hit feels or sounds like.

2.) I had to get used to the larger shaft by learning to aim farther from center than I thought I should to get the desired tip contact point offset from center.

Regards,
Dave

I played with a Revo for about 30 minutes and I had a really hard time getting use to the feel and sound and saw no real difference in shot making ability. I think the amount of shots I miss because of not adjusting for deflection is incredibly small compared to missing because of poor fundamentals, lack of commitment to a shot, or just putting a crappy stroke on the ball. When I got my Lambros I hit a shot and missed. I thought "huh, it has lower deflection", and that was that. Did not really notice it after that.

Seems there are so many factors to consider that you kind of just have to know when a little adjustment is needed and most times its just automatic. Like I know a really slow shot will throw a little more so adjust for that, a hard straight shot with running english along the short rail will be affected by squirt so to adjust for it. Or that outside english on an extreme cut increases throw. But I don't sit there and just say "I need to add 1mm of thinner hit to adjust, etc... I just see it from experience

After a 20 year layoff I am far from a good player, maybe a decent B player at this point. But, for me at this point, squirt is probably the thing affecting my game the least. It is consistent and predictable,

Having said that, if you think a Revo makes you better than it likely does and that is all that matters.

Ill stick with maple.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of any warrantee are any of the cue makers here going to offer changing the joint on. Revo shaft?

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These topics are so monotonous, all the people that like the revo shafts like them and advocate them, and those who like their spliced wood shafts like them, and the people who like their solid maple shafts like them.

Any statistics about one or the other are irrelevant because everyone plays this game differently than one another. There's no point in arguing, if you play better with something, use it.

True as true can be.

I collect cues and have played at a high level in the past. I have had some nice customs for long periods that I got used to such as Boar, Tad, Tascarella etc and could see subtle differences in each ones performance..

I also went through a stage early on trying the LD shafts and had a Revo recently for a short time. They all play good in their own way and it comes down to whatever floats your boat.

In terms of deflection, from testing the Revo against my ferrule-less Boar or Vollmer shafts there isn't any difference that would improve ones performance unless it was psychological. The deflection is almost identical IMHO and you definitely cannot play any more shots with one. I also think the price of a Revo is pretty close to one of Tony's shafts and the main reason everyone doesn't use one of his might be because he doesn't spend hundreds of thousands on global marketing each year.

I prefer solid maple so I stick with those. I have also played with ivory ferrules with loads of deflection which once you get used to them they are more of a pleasure to play with in terms of feel and pitch than a non wood shaft. In fact I ran 5 racks of 8ball once in a race to 5 money game using one which was more of a pleasure than if I had used a ferrule-less LD shaft because IMHO it took a lot more skill....The other guy had a Predator cue but....

So it really just comes down to what you get used to and sometimes newer players can get caught up in the hype trying to find that magic wand rather than spend hundreds of hours solo practising to get good which in reality is the only way to get really good. However, it is good to hear players picking up a cue or new shaft and it having a positive effect on their performance. On the other hand sometimes this placebo effect can quickly fade. Although in saying that I haven't seen many Revo's coming up for resale so there might be something in that.

Next week or month there will be another new shaft with even less deflection coming out onto the market which everyone will be talking about. However, do they really improve a players performance any more than some extra practise would?, or maybe a little more focus & concentration on each shot? or maybe just some more dedication to the equipment they already have? .

Last edited: