The International 9-Ball Open Norfolk, Virginia USA October 28 – November 2, 2019

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
I9ball open logo 2019.PNG

The International 9-Ball Open Norfolk, Virginia USA October 28 – November 2, 2019

Pat Fleming will be staging his second International 9-Ball Open once again at the Sheraton Waterside Hotel in Norfolk, Virginia USA.
This will be the fifth straight year that the Sheraton will be hosting a major global 9-Ball event. As in the past, the Sheraton will provide all of the creature comforts that you would expect from a world class hotel. Discounted rates on hotel rooms are offered for spectators as well as for contestants. An assortment of meal options will be available including food stations in the ballroom and full course menus in their City Dock Norfolk restaurant.

Quick International 9-Ball Open Details
• Play Dates: October 28-November 2, 2019 (Monday thru Saturday: only six days)
• Size of Field: 128 players maximum
• Added Money: $50,000. Entry Fee: $1,000 • First Prize: $30,000. Pays 32 places.
• Format: Double Elimination, Race to 11. Finals to 13.
• Site: Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
• Discounted Hotel Room Rate: $109.00 plus tax for a single or double
• Vendor Booths on site for your billiard supply needs
• Sanctioned by: World Pool Association (WPA)
• Mosconi Cup points awarded • Pay-Per-View by Accu-Stats Video Productions
• Fox Sports International for TV exposure
• Live Scoring by AZ Billiards
• Diamond Pool Tables, Simonis Cloth, and Aramith Balls
• Tournament Websites: www.international9ballopen.com and www.accu-stats.com
• TV Arena Seat Reservations available.

SOME IMPROVEMENTS OVER 2018:
• The event will be six days long instead of seven. It saves everybody money.
• $250 entry fee deposits will be accepted. Last year, you had to pay once in full.
• The Mosconi points will be the first event for 2020. Everyone starts at zero.
• $40,000 more spread for 3rd thru 23rd place. More money for twenty-one players.
• Sixteen qualifying tournaments around the world. More chances to win entry.
• With a full field, $178,000 purse versus $162,000 last year. You’ll win more money.
• See the money distribution below:
1st $30,000
2nd $22,000
3rd $15,000
4th $11,000
5-6th $8,000
7-8th $6,000
9-12th $4,500
13-16th $3,500
17-24th $2,750
25-32nd $2,250

The $50,000 in added money insures that the event will be sanctioned by the WPA as a Tier 3 event awarding WPA points to the high finishers. The projected $178,000 in prize money will be deposited into a Bank of America account in Norfolk, VA. This Bank of America (walking distance) will gladly cash prize money checks provided proper identification is presented.
The Behrman’s Q-Master Billiards is a short distance away and will accommodate attendees with yet another option for pool tables and restaurants.

ENTER AS A CONTESTANT NOW:
http://bit.ly/2019entryfees There are several ways to pay your $1,000 entry fee. They are: • Mail check or money order payable to: The International 9-Ball Open and mail to: The International 9-Ball Open, PO Box 299, Bloomingdale, New Jersey 07403 • Pay online with a debit/credit card or PayPal. • Pay at the tournament site with money order or cash (only if the field is not full). • OR you may pay a non-refundable entry fee deposit of $250:
http://bit.ly/entrydeposit RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW ($109 Discount Rate, single/double): http://bit.ly/Sheraton2019
RESERVE TV ARENA SEATS: http://bit.ly/IO9Bseating
Any Questions? Contact: Pat Fleming International 9-Ball Open PO Box 299 Bloomingdale, NJ 07403 973-838-7089 pat.fleming@international9ballopen.com

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Across Halloween? Been going to the USOpen for 10 years and the International last year.

Won't be going this year as I don't want to miss Halloween with my kids and my Mother's birthday. Hope this doesnt end up being the new norm.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Across Halloween? Been going to the USOpen for 10 years and the International last year.

Won't be going this year as I don't want to miss Halloween with my kids and my Mother's birthday. Hope this doesnt end up being the new norm.

Halloween?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Halloween?
It's some kind of pagan festival involving minors being trained to commit extortion and the perverted torture of innocent squash plants. And witches with cats. I think Hallmark started it.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's some kind of pagan festival involving minors being trained to commit extortion and the perverted torture of innocent squash plants. And witches with cats. I think Hallmark started it.

So first Matchroom is scheduling the Mosconi over Thanksgiving and now Pat is taking away our holy Halloween? :yikes:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They upped the ante this year adding an extra 16K to the purse, making it that much more attractive for the top players. If you make the money (25th-32nd) you have a chance of breaking even. With the close payouts on top I doubt that we will see any savers at the end either. Nice to see this event continue. Combined with the upcoming Players Championship and U.S. Open, the World Ten Ball, the three other Opens this May in Vegas and Derby City, the U.S. based players have more going for them now then they've had in a long time. :thumbup:

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t you all know that the family of pool players are other pool players!? Shit, I’ve gone to the poolroom on Easter Sunday and Xmas day for years. Ha ha.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to another great year there. We appreciate everything that y'all do.

Keith

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Halloween?
My kids are 8. It's a big deal to them. It's a bigger deal to them then the Open/International is to me, and that is a big deal to me.

Just hoping not for this same time frame next year and following years.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Don’t you all know that the family of pool players are other pool players!? Shit, I’ve gone to the poolroom on Easter Sunday and Xmas day for years. Ha ha.

On Easter and Xmas I usually take a plate of food to whoever is working the counter at my regular room, but I got too much going on Family-wise to stay or even want to be there rather then home with them.

Pool is very important to me, but it's number 2 behind Family on my priority list.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not to mention the US Open 9-Ball starting on Easter Sunday!:shocked2:

Another pagan special day!!! If anyone should be in an uproar, it should be me! But it doesn’t bother me at all.

Freddie <~~~ Blessed be

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

You're a sick, disturbed man, Mr. Jewett. No wonder I like you...

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They upped the ante this year adding an extra 16K to the purse, making it that much more attractive for the top players. If you make the money (25th-32nd) you have a chance of breaking even. With the close payouts on top I doubt that we will see any savers at the end either. Nice to see this event continue. Combined with the upcoming Players Championship and U.S. Open, the World Ten Ball, the three other Opens this May in Vegas and Derby City, the U.S. based players have more going for them now then they've had in a long time. :thumbup:

Include the best straight pool tournament of the year, the American 14.1 tournament the week before the International, and I think we might be seeing a foundation being built here for consistent tournament schedule in the USA with some staying power.