World Cup of Pool 2019

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply, vjmehra. But isn't SkySports like a complement or part of one's cable subscription?

Here is USA, I have Comcast Xfinity. My other half likes all teh sports channels. So we have a sports channel subscription that is added onto our Comcast Xfinity. Is that what you mean? You have a cable subscription and must pay for SkySport like someone would for a prime channel such as HBO, Showtime, et cetera?

Just curious. :)
I know I’ve mentioned YouTube TV to you before JAM...really worth researching. Lots of sports channels. We use xfinity for wifi, and have Roku for TV. We downloaded DAZN app and for the Roku tv. Watched the tourney with ease.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I’ve mentioned YouTube TV to you before JAM...really worth researching. Lots of sports channels. We use xfinity for wifi, and have Roku for TV. We downloaded DAZN app and for the Roku tv. Watched the tourney with ease.

Very nice. That's great.

When I have time to watch an entire event, I will subscribe to DAZN. My problem is finding the time to watch sometimes. My work is time-sensitive.

Yet here I am on AzBilliards procrastinating my 4-hour hearing due tomorrow. Yikes! Giddyap, JAM. :D

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply, vjmehra. But isn't SkySports like a complement or part of one's cable subscription?

Here is USA, I have Comcast Xfinity. My other half likes all teh sports channels. So we have a sports channel subscription that is added onto our Comcast Xfinity. Is that what you mean? You have a cable subscription and must pay for SkySport like someone would for a prime channel such as HBO, Showtime, et cetera?

Just curious. :)

Yes, so here basic Sky / Virgin (Cable) doesn't come with any Sports channels, to get Sky Sports as an add on you have to pay extra on-top (and generally commit to a full year as well).

However we now also have a web TV service offered by Sky (called Now TV) which lets you buy a pay per view pass for either 1 day, 1 week or 1 month at a time, but doesn't show anything in HD yet for some reason.

The only annoying thing is sometime for the non-mainstream events (such as pool) they get bumped to the 'red button' which is the alternative match (or sport) choice...shouldn't be a problem, except you can only watch that via TV, none of the online services let you.

Price wise a month's subscription is approx $25-30 as a rough guide (on top of your normal subscription or approx $25 outright for a month via Now TV, day/week passes are proportionally much more expensive).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, so here basic Sky / Virgin (Cable) doesn't come with any Sports channels, to get Sky Sports as an add on you have to pay extra on-top (and generally commit to a full year as well).

However we now also have a web TV service offered by Sky (called Now TV) which lets you buy a pay per view pass for either 1 day, 1 week or 1 month at a time, but doesn't show anything in HD yet for some reason.

The only annoying thing is sometime for the non-mainstream events (such as pool) they get bumped to the 'red button' which is the alternative match (or sport) choice...shouldn't be a problem, except you can only watch that via TV, none of the online services let you.

Price wise a month's subscription is approx $25-30 as a rough guide (on top of your normal subscription or approx $25 outright for a month via Now TV, day/week passes are proportionally much more expensive).

I looked at mine, Comcast Xfinity, and we have something called Sky, but all the sports events on there, none of them are pool. Everything but pool. https://corporate.comcast.com/company/sky/sport

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
How good still team Europe be with an addition of Josh Filler and Mario He this year?

Niels Feijen
Jayson Shaw
Albin Ouschan
Josh Filler
Mario He

Doom

Looking bad for the Wild West....Albin would’ve been MVP last year if the Euros had won.
...but they got no cinch in this format...Europe has a lot of countries for talent base...
...but they ARE separate countries...no matter how hard they try, they’re giving up
something in team spirit to a team that are all Americans.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
How good still team Europe be with an addition of Josh Filler and Mario He this year?

Niels Feijen
Jayson Shaw
Albin Ouschan
Josh Filler
Mario He

Doom

Not sure how you come up with that team. One 2019 Team Europe spot will go to the highest ranked player on Eurotour. Right now that's Kaci.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure how you come up with that team. One 2019 Team Europe spot will go to the highest ranked player on Eurotour. Right now that's Kaci.

I was just going with Mario He who was originally supposed to be there over Kazakis...and I thought Filler would be going for the team this year and would take Kaci in points.

I'm on the side of team USA, so I welcome Kaci to team Europe because I thought he under performed last year, and he didn't look so sharp at the World Cup of Pool this week. Maybe not used to the bright lights? Shot clock makes him rush a bit out of his usual routine?

Not sure how Mario made the team before disqualification last year, but that guy is solid in world cup of Pool on live tv tables. I don't want to see him on the team either.

Last edited: