Message from JOHNNY ARCHER

jascorpion

Hi everyone. I am sorry i have been so absent from the forums. I want to address some issues about me and the things that i have been involved in the past few years in pool. There have been a very positive change in pool in the past 60 days. I have been involved in a lot of negotiations for the players as a whole through the ABP and the BIG entities in the industry. I know there have been a lot of questions that have went unanswered for a long time. I am here to answer them now. Regarding the post on "You Johnny Lovers" (i think that is what it said). That is VERY insulting to me and to the GREAT game that we ALL love(pool). I have signed a couple of confidentiality agreements so i ask that you respect that. There is some things that i can't talk about, YET!! GREAT things!! If someone could post on this thread what thread to go to to answer the questions from before and if there is any NEW questions then somebody start up a new thread titled "New questions for Johnny". Thanks to everyone for their patience. We will bring a lot of things out in the open. Thanks, Johnny 'Scorpion' Archer

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds Good

Hey Johnny, can't wait to hear what you have been working on. There is so many negative people on AZ, they like to jump to conclusions without any facts. Good Luck in New York. Gary Lutman

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been negative due to silence, but just by JA making statements that he is listening and wants to answer questions brings things back to a positive.

golubushka

Silver Member
Johnny...thank you so much for all your hard work to make pool here better...best regards to you and yours....

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think this thread is as good as any to get the questions started.

How about:

What is up with Bonus Ball?

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone. I am sorry i have been so absent from the forums. I want to address some issues about me and the things that i have been involved in the past few years in pool. There have been a very positive change in pool in the past 60 days. I have been involved in a lot of negotiations for the players as a whole through the ABP and the BIG entities in the industry. I know there have been a lot of questions that have went unanswered for a long time. I am here to answer them now. Regarding the post on "You Johnny Lovers" (i think that is what it said). That is VERY insulting to me and to the GREAT game that we ALL love(pool). I have signed a couple of confidentiality agreements so i ask that you respect that. There is some things that i can't talk about, YET!! GREAT things!! If someone could post on this thread what thread to go to to answer the questions from before and if there is any NEW questions then somebody start up a new thread titled "New questions for Johnny". Thanks to everyone for their patience. We will bring a lot of things out in the open. Thanks, Johnny 'Scorpion' Archer

1. will Bonus Ball be back?
2. was ABP responsible for making sure the money was there prior to all the players relocation to Las Vegas?
3. what other 'NEW' great things are in the works for pool?

Thanks for taking the time Johnny to chat with us.

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Johnny, thanks for posting. Good luck to you in all upcoming venues and events. We all look forward to your comments and insights.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be a good idea for us to narrow our 'questions' down a bit and present them to Johnny, letting him have a bit of time to answer them.

Anyone agree?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I think he addressed the Bonus Ball questions with the confidentiality agreement statement... SO move along to "NEW" questions....

I'll start out with the Mosconi Cup.....

When will we get to know the captain selection and team selection and will they go back to using points next year?

I assume with this being a big anniversary for the Mosconi Cup that they wanted complete control of the process... I figure CJ may be back at the helm or Nick gets the nod since this is a historic year......

And without playing favorites besides yourself can you give us the top 6 players that will be in the mix for the other decisions/selections in no particular order if you are privy to the info?

Chris

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer & pool

I have know Johnny for 20+ years and have followed his career from his high school days, into his pro career, and have spent time with him at overseas tournament events as well, in all that time I have never found Johnny to me less than a perfect gentleman, honest in all respects, a fierce competitor, and someone I would call a friend. If he says that good things are on the road ahead then lets all get ready for a great ride.

All my best,
Paul

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

As the president of the ABP and as the leading player/promoter of bonus ball, do you feel at all responsible for not being positive that bonus ball didn't have the funds they claimed? When Barry Behrman is short, you stop at nothing til the players get paid (as you should) but we've yet to hear A PEEP about bonus ball players getting stiffed. It was my understanding that the biggest reason for the ABP was to protect the players for EXACTLY this situation.

I've asked these questions in other threads and I want to be clear, I don't have anything personal against you, I just feel you very much dropped the ball on this because your personal interests were more important. (opinion) Which is always why the leader of a players organization shouldn't be a player OR a promoter. But someone will pool's best interest in mind.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I think it would be a good idea for us to narrow our 'questions' down a bit and present them to Johnny, letting him have a bit of time to answer them.

Anyone agree?

No, but only because it's you asking BB!:thumbup:

Best of luck to JA, I hope for pools sake he and others have a positive impact.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been negative due to silence, but just by JA making statements that he is listening and wants to answer questions brings things back to a positive.

Just to add one thing, JA reads here for years, often. So when he says he has been away and only has a few posts-that means he aint been reading is all. He keeps up on pool here like most everyone does. Some dont post at all. But you can be sure he reads LOTS.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he addressed the Bonus Ball questions with the confidentiality agreement statement... SO move along to "NEW" questions....

I'll start out with the Mosconi Cup.....

When will we get to know the captain selection and team selection and will they go back to using points next year?

I assume with this being a big anniversary for the Mosconi Cup that they wanted complete control of the process... I figure CJ may be back at the helm or Nick gets the nod since this is a historic year......

And without playing favorites besides yourself can you give us the top 6 players that will be in the mix for the other decisions/selections in no particular order if you are privy to the info?

Chris

Johnny Archer=Obama
AZB Anti BB Crowd=Fox News
Renfro=CNN

Get it? lol

Sorry we want to ask real questions that is on everybody's mind.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member

Johnny, you've been a member since '04 with 7 posts, apparently you're a major lurker due to your sorrow, so surely you're pretty familiar with the issues at hand. Why not just address all you can, including those some may not ask you directly about? Thanks.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny, you've been a member since '04 with 7 posts, apparently you're a major lurker due to your sorrow, so surely you're pretty familiar with the issues at hand. Why not just address all you can, including those some may not ask you directly about? Thanks.

He'll get back to ya in three years.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I agree with this.

I have made comments about Bonus Ball, and ABP, and I will stand behind those comments.

But I haven't ever had anything but respect for the man himself.

Hopefully he will be able to have a reasonable dialog here. That would be great.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Johnny should have the courtesy of some order. This thread is gonna be in the double digits- pagewise- before 5pm.

Fatboy is gonna need to be his IT help and Technology Officer, all in one. God, that is awesomely funny.:eek::eek::grin-square:

Anyway, the task of responding to us is going to be too cumbersome, without some structure.

And anyway, all we need to know is 3 things:
1.When are future plans going to be public?
B.Are previous players going to be paid or made whole in some manner?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't expect immediate replies to anything, remember, he is currently playing in the 14.1 tournament. And, probably wants to stay somewhat in a positive mood for that event.