Paypal payment for over seas?? Guys what are you thoughts?

Jase0ne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   1
Guys got a few offers for my cues, problem is they are outside of the U.S. with decent traders. How safe or secure would it be now a days. I remember back in 2000, I had cues on E-bay and someone paid me through paypal. In which cues were sent to the Philippines. Next thing you know paypal reverses payment under fraud actions with cues and scammer no where to be found. Leaving me SOL on $900.
Anyhow, what are your thoughts? Otherwise anybody here do it often? What precautions or steps would be best on going about. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Jase

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hi Jase,
I am sure that others will comment with good info,but you may want to call Paypal and tell them what happened before,and ask them the best way to avoid any issues.They are the experts of course.There are other forms of payment that have little chance of being reversed,but I am NO expert on all the current scams.I recommend,call PP and ask them directly.Good luck on your deal.

And like Sean just added,Bank wire transfer.He is a good seller and knows his stuff.

Marc

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Don't use paypal for overseas....unless you personally know the buyer or feel comfortable because they have a sterling reputation on here. Bank wire transfer.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
My thoughts are this

lso I do not use paypal and do not have a paypal account. Also don't do anything unless paid in cash.
Nick

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Certified funds when you dealing with someone overseas.......just my opinion......but nothing less than certified check or wire transfer of funds to your bank.

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've sold lots of golf equipment to overseas buyers taking PayPal both through eBay and not. GolfWRX has a BST forum and all transactions are supposed to go through PP. Recently sold a driver head to a guy(with solid feedback)in Thailand for $200 off the BST. Largest eBay sale was to a buyer in Australia for a Cameron putter - $750 with no issue. They pay some hefty shipping costs since tracking is part of the deal.

MaxiPool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Might have a little different perspective here coming from Sweden, but I've bought and sold cues, engine parts, bikes and cigars worth a serious amount of money to and from countries all over the world. Used PayPal in 300+ transactions and only had 1 issue.

I never got why a lot of US based sellers seem so paranoid when it comes to shipping to other countries.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I've sold lots of golf equipment to overseas buyers taking PayPal both through eBay and not. GolfWRX has a BST forum and all transactions are supposed to go through PP. Recently sold a driver head to a guy(with solid feedback)in Thailand for $200 off the BST. Largest eBay sale was to a buyer in Australia for a Cameron putter - $750 with no issue. They pay some hefty shipping costs since tracking is part of the deal.

All it would take is one chargeback and you might be singing a different tune. :sorry:

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I am in norway, europe, and i find paypal the best way of paying. I have bought more than i have sold, but in any case the reputation (i-trader and other members vouching for them) and the way they communicate, is very important for me deciding whether to do business with them or not.

-Jon Birger

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've bought and sold over seas via PayPal no issues ...I think communication and research is the key to a successful transaction. If it's a questionable transaction that seems too good to be true it probably is..common sense plays a big part.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I've had people pay me using Western Union before with good results. Basically they send the money via Western and I go to my local grocery store and pick up the cash then send them the item.

Hasn't failed me yet!

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I've had people pay me using Western Union before with good results. Basically they send the money via Western and I go to my local grocery store and pick up the cash then send them the item.

Hasn't failed me yet!

That works well, too. :thumbup:

alanvo

Banned
Rating - 88.2%
30   4   0
Chargebacks happen everywhere, not just overseas.
You're not protected using Paypal.

Best method is cash, bank deposit, bank wire transfer.

Jase0ne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   1
Thanks for the info guys!

Thanks for the helpful info guys! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders about this topic! Thanks again for all the feedback!:thumbup:

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i dont get it

Doesn't paypal protect both the buyer and seller when parties have verified accounts?