The new Samsara LD Shafts

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
During the Big Tyme Classic Danny Smith let me hit with the Samsara shafts he and Justin Bergman are switching to. Here is some initial info:

12.75mm diameter
1/8th" Ferrule
Pro taper.
$220.

I was very surprised with how low the deflection of this shaft was especially at 12.75mm. Danny plays with a Z3 and said the deflection was almost identical.

I hit a few balls with it and could tell that the cue ball deflection was definitely less than a 314-3s. It did feel similar to 314-3 but definitely more solid. In comparison to the only other solid maple LD shafts I have hit, the samsara has less deflection than the wx700 and hpII, but doesn't feel as solid IMO. The feel out of the 3 has to go to the wx700 for me.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Samsara was heavily involved with Predator for a long time... I am only surprised it took so long for them to release their own LD shaft...

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was very surprised with how low the deflection of this shaft was especially at 12.75mm. Danny plays with a Z3 and said the deflection was almost identical.

One can do things with a Z2/Z3 tip diameter that one cannot do with a 12.5mm tip diameter.

Outlander

Registered
Thank you for posting. I am glad to hear the Samsara LD shaft is "up to snuff". I have one of the shafts in the mail to me (along with 2 Samsara cues) so I am obviously interested to hear what others think.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Such as????

I'm wondering too.
I play with Mezz but I've always been a fan of Samsara. Is the construction similar to Mezz or are they put together like a 314-2 or 314-3? The 700 shaft and alpha are my two favourites but I'd be interested buying a samsara if with this new shaft if it hits anything like a Mezz cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Probably a Non compete agreement.

Probably more of a patent thing, would really like to see one of these things cut in half on a bandsaw like they've done with every other low deflection shaft on the market to see how they tick.

Neil

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I get one soon and let you know as I all know the Mezz Shafts:thumbup:
Patient ;)
Ralf, can't wait to try them out:p

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought one and I love it! Has a super nice hit and feel! It is a great product! If you are in the market for a new shaft give one a shot. You will like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Just ordered one.. I like the fact that they are solid, that's why I have never been able to stand the feel of the OB or Predator. I'm pretty stoked to try it out. Thanks for the review.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
ummmm i know i wasn't tripping when my mother and I were sitting right there talking to Danny prior to one of his matches when danny said they have a core/hollow in them....unless he totally misunderstood and was talking about his predator......they felt nice and looked great (ddn't get to hit)

-regards,
Greyghost

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
ummmm i know i wasn't tripping when my mother and I were sitting right there talking to Danny prior to one of his matches when danny said they have a core/hollow in them....unless he totally misunderstood and was talking about his predator......they felt nice and looked great (ddn't get to hit)

-regards,
Greyghost

Never said they didn't. All solid LD shafts have a core other than Tiger and Tiger shafts aren't very LD lol.

When I say solid I mean not laminated.

MOJOE

Silver Member
From Samsara site.. and I quote..

"True Shafts are the ground-breaking low deflection(squirt) performance shaft from Samsara. Seven years in the making with countless trials led us to re-invent the modern ferrule. This one piece hard maple shaft with plenty of magic inside will change your mind on what a blend of tradition and technology can offer in playing performance and consistency.

All True Shafts come standard with Medium Samsara Layered Playing Tip."

I take one piece to mean solid? Maybe it's a play on words but this does not sound hollow to me?

MOJOE

Silver Member

-regards,
Greyghost

You may have been tripping. Just got a reply from Mike Fieldhammer, from Samsara.

My question was, "Says one piece. Does that mean they are not laminated?'

M.F. "That's correct. It's a great playing and old school feeling shaft with the very latest in LD technology. We're getting awesome reviews. Thanks!