QK-S cases - opinions and questions

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to get a new case - functionality and size is my main concern. The 2x3 ‘artillery’ (I believe that is the name) looks good to me. Based on the holding pattern it doesn’t look gigantic either.

I see mixed info in length it can hold. I’ve purchased cases before that won’t close with 29” shafts and protectors so I don’t want to do that again. How much room is there really?

Says there is a button closure on top. Is this a ‘flap’ on one side and button on the other or does the entire top come off similar to a George, Fellini, etc?

JB plain rugged is also on my radar, but they look to be on the large side speaking of the actual tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking to get a new case - functionality and size is my main concern. The 2x3 ‘artillery’ (I believe that is the name) looks good to me. Based on the holding pattern it doesn’t look gigantic either.

I see mixed info in length it can hold. I’ve purchased cases before that won’t close with 29” shafts and protectors so I don’t want to do that again. How much room is there really?

Says there is a button closure on top. Is this a ‘flap’ on one side and button on the other or does the entire top come off similar to a George, Fellini, etc?

JB plain rugged is also on my radar, but they look to be on the large side speaking of the actual tube.

jb rugged has a track record with lots of positive reviews
BUY IT
jmho

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m aware. Like I said it just looks big to me and I don’t want to lug around something huge. I actually just bought some cheap 2x3’s purely for storing purposes and I’m thoroughly impressed. The top of the tube measures 3.5” x 3” and is a GREAT size.

Anyone have the dimensions of the QK-S? John, can you give dimensions on yours?

2JZGE

Really late reply to this thread so it might be moot, but the JB Rugged 1x2 that I just got is thinner that the Pro Series 1x1 it's replacing (and it's taller so it'll actually fit with joint protectors). It's tighter bc of JB's use of the Ultrapad interior vs individual hard tubes and to me a much better design. I suspect this design attribute translate the same way for the larger ones. I also was looking into the QK-S case bc of the way it looked but couldn't find enough info regarding construction (pooldawg.com I found has the best info , said it'd fit a 31" shaft), ended up with JB Rugged and couldn't be happier

Last edited:

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Since the original post I’ve gotten two jb cases. 2x3 and 3x4. Very happy with them. The only thing that bothers me is the length. I ended up cutting different size wood dowels to stick in the bottom of each ‘sleeve’ so the butt/shaft fits properly and easier to pull out.

2JZGE

Even with joint protectors? That’s good to know, I’ll check it out myself (haven’t used it yet, was supposed to get my cue today back from McD but UPS delivered at the last possible moment after I left work errrrg)

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, even with jps. I went to home depot and bought two maple dowels - one butt size and another joint size. I want to say I cut 1.5” and 1” pieces, but that might be wrong. Butts are one size and shafts are another as the jps on shafts are usually shorter (mine are). Also had to cut a specific size for my jump shaft which is around 31”. I cut extra so I have them and different sizes that worked for me. Just slide them down after cutting and sanding the edges.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The QKS artillery is a great case. High quality vinyl exterior. Not too heavy. Nice roomy interior with fabric dividers. Shafts and butts can be stored up or down. Lid does not come off completely.