To all mechanics who post in this forum.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Due to the changing times of the DYI'ers who seem to have taken over this forum, who in fact feel that they are more knowledgeable than we mechanics are, who feel it's in their best interest to create their own forum because they feel they know more about working on pool tables than we do....I'm all for no longer posting anymore advice to anyone in this form from now on, and until AZB decides to clean up the disruption in this forum, how about we just quit offering our support, I for one don't need this bullshit, life is to short to have to out up with these people!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Due to the changing times of the DYI'ers who seem to have taken over this forum, who in fact feel that they are more knowledgeable than we mechanics are, who feel it's in their best interest to create their own forum because they feel they know more about working on pool tables than we do....I'm all for no longer posting anymore advice to anyone in this form from now on, and until AZB decides to clean up the disruption in this forum, how about we just quit offering our support, I for one don't need this bullshit, life is to short to have to out up with these people!!

A moderator is needed. Will stop future issues. I said everything I could say. I tried very hard to defend our lil place on AZB. It will work itself out.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A moderator is needed. Will stop future issues. I said everything I could say. I tried very hard to defend our lil place on AZB. It will work itself out.

Trent from Toledo
If we mechanics only respond to each other, then the DYI's can do the same, respond to each other, but I for one won't be giving out anymore free advice here.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a mechanic but visit this forum to read the input from the professionals. There is quite a bit of useful information here that the pros have contributed. It would be a loss to lose their input.

I suggest that rules be put in place that parallel those of the Ask The Cuemaker forum and also that a moderator be appointed.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I'm not a mechanic but visit this forum to read the input from the professionals. There is quite a bit of useful information here that the pros have contributed. It would be a loss to lose their input.

I suggest that rules be put in place that parallel those of the Ask The Cuemaker forum and also that a moderator be appointed.

I echo this statement and I thank you real table mechanics who give up their time to answer our questions.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Glenn, with all due respect, how many times now have you threatened to stop posting here?

I get it. You don't like some users. What I don't get is why you can't simply put them on your ignore list.

Mike

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glenn, with all due respect, how many times now have you threatened to stop posting here?

I get it. You don't like some users. What I don't get is why you can't simply put them on your ignore list.

Mike

I see ThinSlice isn't banned anymore, and right back at it:rolleyes:

Mike, if I have to block someone here, I'd rather see them banned because I'm not the only one they're f^"'ing with!

But banning them does no good, they just keep coming back under different screen names doing the samething, it gets old. I'm planning on retiring at the end of the year, so it bothers me less than the rest of the mechanics that post here.

Last edited:

TheTablePro

Silver Member
I'm planning on retiring at the end of the year, so it bothers me less than the rest of the mechanics that post here.

Beat you to it Glenn! I retired two weeks ago except for a few local commercial accounts. I'll keep them till I can't see anymore ;)

Happy retirement to you at the end of the year!!

Robin

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mike
The "Ignore" feature is the nuts. How many can you axe? Mine's gettin kinda full. ;)

JulioRice

Registered
I started writing a reply to this and it turned into a 5 page dissertation on why it would be a loss if this forum went away.

So.... in short. Please keep posting info. I'm new to the business but am not going anywhere. The trolls suck, it's true. There is not a lot of resource out there in this line of work. I value and respect the time and heartache people have put into learning this craft. I do consider it a craft and like all crafts they must passed down. I could go on and on but I think that sums it up. Thanks, and as always. Take it easy. Julio

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Yep........in real life the best mechanics don't really have the time to visit here. Most are contracted out on a 12 mth basis around the country for different rooms, different times of the year....lots of travel time. I wonder how many good techs come here, to learn from this website.