2019 HOF: Sullivan, Janscos and Pagulayan

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 2019 inductees to the BCA Hall of Fame have been announced. Greg Sullivan and the Jansco brothers have been chosen in the Meritorious Service category and Alex Pagulayan has been chosen in the Greatest Player category. The induction ceremony will be Friday, Nov. 1st at the Sheraton in Norfolk during the International Open 9-Ball.

PT is going to have to get his passport in order.:)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2019 inductees to the BCA Hall of Fame have been announced. Greg Sullivan and the Jansco brothers have been chosen in the Meritorious Service category and Alex Pagulayan has been chosen in the Greatest Player category. The induction ceremony will be Friday, Nov. 1st at the Sheraton in Norfolk during the International Open 9-Ball.

PT is going to have to get his passport in order.:)

Thank you for sharing. This is great news!

Who is "PT"? Is that a nickname for Alex?

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Thank you for sharing. This is great news!

Who is "PT"? Is that a nickname for Alex?

PT109 here, JAMmie. He be Cah nay dee un. So he needs a passport to cross the border.

( sneaky snooker player. Can't play **anything** else, though. Needs the 5 and the first 3 shots, AND the breaks... from ANYBODY! ) :D

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Who is this Alex Pagulayan?....:confused:

He's German. Plays like hell, but only after 5 or 6 Jack & Cokes. Then he never misses a ball. But the funny thing? *HE* thinks he's playing terrible. So he's swearing up a storm the entire time he's getting out... in German. Saw him string 9 racks of 10ball at DCC. Afterwards he said he had a sore throat... I didn't blame him! :grin:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Congrats to all of them on their impending HOF induction. Well done!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What about Corey? He also north of 40.....and HOF bound fo sho
He was on the ballot.

Which reminds me, if anyone feels strongly that someone has not yet been included that clearly deserves to be, you need to do your homework and turn it in.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
And yes, following Stu's cue ( the signal type not the pool type ), congrats to all. About time the Janscos got in. I think everyone agrees Alex sure deserves it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PT109 here, JAMmie. He be Cah nay dee un. So he needs a passport to cross the border.

( sneaky snooker player. Can't play **anything** else, though. Needs the 5 and the first 3 shots, AND the breaks... from ANYBODY! ) :D

Oooh, that PT! Now I get it! :p Thanks! ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m extremely pleased that Greg Sullivan is being inducted into the HOF.
...a pool player that has had a lot to say about pool tables.

Just for giving us a 9-foot table with a 1-piece slate for major tournaments is enough.
...it made setting up and tearing down a fraction of the time...
...and with the old models, the cloth was usually a bit loose on the last few tables because
the installer’s hands were getting tired.

I learned a couple shots from him also

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was on the ballot.

Which reminds me, if anyone feels strongly that someone has not yet been included that clearly deserves to be, you need to do your homework and turn it in.

Mark Griffin... if he's not in already

Live streamers... a whole first generation, taking the game to the WWW
not sure who should get there first, but Jason with TAR sure did a lot with
his action matches. Personally, I think the live stream has opened the door
to a whole new generation, and revived the game.

td

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
He was on the ballot.

Guess I'll keep saying it until he's inducted. Niels Feijen is one of the best players of all time.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member

td

I think you mean Justin Collett of TAR. Ground breaking for sure, but Hall of Fame generally is reserved for sustained excellence -- I think the headaches of trying to do a top notch job over and over again wore on Justin, and he has pulled back in recent years. It's not an easy job for sure, and with the high standard he set for TAR, I am sure it was even tougher!!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

td

I would agree that Mark Griffin is every bit as deserving as Greg Sullivan of a hall of fame spot.