railcloth installing job..

-banker-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 9' table and paid a little extra so that they will install the rail cloth for me.. So i opened the box today and found this (see the pics.). I don't know how they are supposed to look but i don't think it's too tight.. In one of the pictures i pull the cloth between my fingers and i don't push the cushion at all. The guy that installed these comes by my area next week so i ask your opinion whether or not i should complain about this.

http://img145.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00497q.jpg

This is only one rail. It's similar in the others..

scruffy1

Silver Member
They don't look good at all! Cloth definitely not stretched properly. Wrinkles will only get worse with time. The cushion facings are not trimmed properly. I would also ask your mechanic about the quality of that cloth. Sometimes tough to tell from photos but looks like a cheaper cloth.

John

Dartman

Silver Member
Agree with Scruffy. Cloth is too loose regardless of what type of cloth it is.
The last pic looks like the facing wasn't trimmed and others look like they were trimmed too much.
Definitly bring this to his attention and ask that he redo them

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I bought a 9' table and paid a little extra so that they will install the rail cloth for me.. So i opened the box today and found this (see the pics.). I don't know how they are supposed to look but i don't think it's too tight.. In one of the pictures i pull the cloth between my fingers and i don't push the cushion at all. The guy that installed these comes by my area next week so i ask your opinion whether or not i should complain about this.

You should probably let him know before he arrives, so he can bring what he needs to corrrect the problem.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Just in case he doesn't KNOW how they are supposed to look, pull up some pictures from our beautiful section, and show him how they are supposed to look before he leaves!

Kudos for not settling for what they sent!:grin:
Wish you were closer.... I bet there are alot of guys on here that would not have dreamed of letting those out of the shop....

tableman

Silver Member
I have to agree with everyone. Those rails are pitifully done. I would be embarrassed to leave a mess like that on someone's table. I would have to INSIST that they make them right! (if they even know how)

-banker-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank's for the reply's! I was facinated with the work some guys in this forum does (rkc etc.) and thats the reason i noticed the bad work this guy putted on my rails. I will give this guy a phone call and if he says he did it right, i will show him this thread. He should have paid me 100$ instead of me paying him about this :mad: .. Not too many table mechanics in Finland :( I think i know only one guy who does a decent job!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure its 860 simonis cloth. I bought the table with it and he gave the cloth that comes on the bed of the table and it has the simonis logo's

Last edited:

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
You should probably let him know before he arrives, so he can bring what he needs to corrrect the problem.

All of you are right, but I doubt the INSTALLER even has the ability to correct the work. Every phase of the cloth work seems to be lagging

realkingcobra

Silver Member

If the guy don't have the ability to do the work right the first time, he's not going to be any better the second or third time around either;)

dkindig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with Scruffy. Cloth is too loose regardless of what type of cloth it is.
The last pic looks like the facing wasn't trimmed and others look like they were trimmed too much.
Definitly bring this to his attention and ask that he redo them

Ditto...

Those facings don't look properly trimmed at all...

johnqbs

john@qbs
Silver Member

i would go back on who i bought table from . take care of it or money back.
i may not want the person that done rails to work on it again .
just my thought on this johnqbs:anderson sc