Phoenix area local tourneys...

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Just moved to Gilbert, and I'm interested in any local tournaments in the area or If any Azers want to meet up and hit some around.

Jaden

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just moved to Gilbert, and I'm interested in any local tournaments in the area or If any Azers want to meet up and hit some around.

Jaden

One of our closest friends lives in Gilbert. We stay there a couple times a year, but of course we just moved back to Florida.

Freddie <~~~ transcontinental Sun Bird

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Hey well...

One of our closest friends lives in Gilbert. We stay there a couple times a year, but of course we just moved back to Florida.

Freddie <~~~ transcontinental Sun Bird

At least we got to see each other a couple of times while you were in SD.

Jaden

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
OK come on someone...

Someone from AZ has to know when and where some local weeklies are?

Jaden

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Hi Jaden,

Fred mentioned the two biggest places in Phoenix. Freezer's is awesome and there are a lot of players to choose from. I don't know what speed you are playing, but Scott Frost owns the place and we have a bunch of shortstops that frequent the room. You will also be close to Skip & Jan's, Kolby's and Main Street. They almost always have something going on. Welcome to Arizona!

Steve

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many bar box things.....only 9 foot tourney I know of is at Kolby's, third Saturday of the month, chip tournament. There's no such thing as an open tournament in AZ. Freezers is going through some changes, not sure what will be happening there. Bullshooters is starting new tournaments on Friday nights and a 10-ball on bar box on Saturdays. Haven't heard anything about the Diamond Tour, but of that starts again, its kind of like Oscar's tour, but a variety of games on 7's and 9's. Lots of leagues on both 7's and 9's. Pick up the news paper, it has some info. Facebook has a few AZ pages too. There's a number of tournament directors who float from room to room, Junior Flores is one of the better guys. I play at Bullshooters on weekends when in town, if you want to spar, not big into gambling.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Jaden

Where abouts in Gilbert? I'm in Chandler. Here's the deal with this area. The better you play, the less tournaments you have to play in. You almost have an "established" Fargo rating, which is good, since no one will let you play unless you do. Even when you hit 200 games, people will complain if you (being new to the area) win any money in a tournament. GET THE PITCHFORKS!!! They are very protective out here of their tournaments! That being said, there are a lot of very passionate and friendly pool players out here.

The best rooms for us "East Siders" are Main Street, Freezer's, and Kolby's. Kolby's still has some Gold Crowns (I think) mixed in with the Diamond tables, but the others are pretty much exclusively Diamond tables, and well-maintained! You will find a handful of big table tournaments, but most of them are on the bar tables.

Hit me up if you need any info.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be worthwhile to check FB for tournaments. I know Freezers posts to FB. Try the pages for the places listed and also check for a Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, etc. pool players groups.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might be worthwhile to check FB for tournaments. I know Freezers posts to FB. Try the pages for the places listed and also check for a Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, etc. pool players groups.

There's a very interactive Facebook group called "Arizona Pool Players". There's two actually, the better one is private. I'll see if I can find you on Facebook and add you (Jaden).

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I don't typically gamble so that's cool.

There are many bar box things.....only 9 foot tourney I know of is at Kolby's, third Saturday of the month, chip tournament. There's no such thing as an open tournament in AZ. Freezers is going through some changes, not sure what will be happening there. Bullshooters is starting new tournaments on Friday nights and a 10-ball on bar box on Saturdays. Haven't heard anything about the Diamond Tour, but of that starts again, its kind of like Oscar's tour, but a variety of games on 7's and 9's. Lots of leagues on both 7's and 9's. Pick up the news paper, it has some info. Facebook has a few AZ pages too. There's a number of tournament directors who float from room to room, Junior Flores is one of the better guys. I play at Bullshooters on weekends when in town, if you want to spar, not big into gambling.

Thanks. I don't typically gamble so just hitting them around would be cool. I literally just moved in but I have a9ft gcIII at my house as well. Once I get it setup

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
As long as...

Where abouts in Gilbert? I'm in Chandler. Here's the deal with this area. The better you play, the less tournaments you have to play in. You almost have an "established" Fargo rating, which is good, since no one will let you play unless you do. Even when you hit 200 games, people will complain if you (being new to the area) win any money in a tournament. GET THE PITCHFORKS!!! They are very protective out here of their tournaments! That being said, there are a lot of very passionate and friendly pool players out here.

The best rooms for us "East Siders" are Main Street, Freezer's, and Kolby's. Kolby's still has some Gold Crowns (I think) mixed in with the Diamond tables, but the others are pretty much exclusively Diamond tables, and well-maintained! You will find a handful of big table tournaments, but most of them are on the bar tables.

Hit me up if you need any info.

As long as they have some blue labels you won't hear me complain. I work in the oil industry so I'll only be in town every other two weeks but I'll be free the entire two weeks when I'm here.

As far as where in Gilbert, I don't know the area very well, near Germann and power?
Jaden

Last edited:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jaden,

Welcome to Arizona. I'll give this a bump for ya.
I don't get up to Phoenix much any more, just not into that 2 hour drive any more. The places I hear most about are Freezer's place and Bull Shooters. Main St and Skip n Jans are nice places also.
No shortage of players in the area.....you will get all you can handle.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190107-104943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190107-104943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 168

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I don't mind coming down to Tucson either.

Hey Jaden,

Welcome to Arizona. I'll give this a bump for ya.
I don't get up to Phoenix much any more, just not into that 2 hour drive any more. The places I hear most about are Freezer's place and Bull Shooters. Main St and Skip n Jans are nice places also.
No shortage of players in the area.....you will get all you can handle.

What you guys got going on down there?

Jaden

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jaden,
I'm coming into town tomorrow and was planning on hitting up Freezer's and maybe Bull Shooters. If your trying to shoot a few racks.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaden,
Two places to play in Tucson other than local bars, Pockets on S Wilmot and 22nd Street and Clicks Billiards on N First Ave between Ft Lowell and Prince road. Pocket’s in Tucson has a Sunday night Fargo Based tournament, usually starts about 4:30pm and Clicks has a Friday night tourney that is also Fargo based. You might check these two out on their FB pages or their respective websites. You should check these out when you find the time.