ID a McDermott?

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure can't! Looked through all their catalogs online of discontinued cues (and current models) and just don't see it anywhere, nor any that are similar.

It has their lifetime warranty sticker still on it. I don't know when they started doing that. Kind of odd the way they did what I would call a short offset handle area. It does play real nice. Has a solid hit to it.

Any ideas what model it is?
mcdnw2.jpg
mcdnw1 (2).jpg

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott has made many cues that never appeared in catalogs. A friend showed me a McD that Jim McDermott gave to him after seeing him win a national trnmnt playing with a green stained Mali:eek: I didnt recognize the cue and asked about what year.If I recall correctly he said about 82. The bluebook and Mcdermott website say the cue came out in 94.
I was a Mcdermott dealer from 82 thru 86 and bought a C11 for myself. 1 day talking to Marilyn McDermott on the phone she asked if there was anything else to add to my order? She then said we have some of those reverse point rosewood/ birdseye veneered forearms we will make you a deal on finishing out anyway you want. I was a dumb broke college kid and said no I will pass.:rolleyes: