finally understand CTE, its working big time for me.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idiot.................
You guys are ridiculous. Show me one youtube vid that stan has put out that explains as much about cte as lil chris one vid. You can watch 5 Stan vidoes and still be totally lost about cte. Perhaps this is intentional.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
You guys are ridiculous. Show me one youtube vid that stan has put out that explains as much about cte as lil chris one vid. You can watch 5 Stan vidoes and still be totally lost about cte. Perhaps this is intentional.

Again, Lil Chris is not using "perceptions". He is simply aiming straight to A, B, or C from a half tip offset then pivoting. Of course Stan doesn't have a video that shows what lil Chris is showing, because they are doing two different things. But I can reference one or two videos from Stan that explain his/Hal's CTE very well. He shows exactly how to do it. Some people think Stan is leaving things out on purpose, some secret key, because they can't make it work everytime like he does, but that's just because he has more experience at fine tuning the system to make it work. Stan explains how you "fix" the cb with the visuals, the perception. And then from this fixed ccb you use a half tip offset pivot back to ccb, the final ccb. Lil Chris does not do this, does not use the fixed ccb as Stan shows, so there is no comparison between what each is doing.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, Lil Chris is not using "perceptions". He is simply aiming straight to A, B, or C from a half tip offset then pivoting. Of course Stan doesn't have a video that shows what lil Chris is showing, because they are doing two different things. But I can reference one or two videos from Stan that explain his/Hal's CTE very well. He shows exactly how to do it. Some people think Stan is leaving things out on purpose, some secret key, because they can't make it work everytime like he does, but that's just because he has more experience at fine tuning the system to make it work. Stan explains how you "fix" the cb with the visuals, the perception. And then from this fixed ccb you use a half tip offset pivot back to ccb, the final ccb. Lil Chris does not do this, does not use the fixed ccb as Stan shows, so there is no comparison between what each is doing.
I saw the same thing. But understanding the pivot and using the aim points is all in cte and the hardest to execute. Just need to add the 2 lines for the perceptions then do as lil chris did and use the aim points and pivot in. Not that complicated once you understand the terminology. But still think there is more info in the lil Chris vid and easier to understand than any 1 of stans vids on youtube

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw the same thing. But understanding the pivot and using the aim points is all in cte and the hardest to execute. Just need to add the 2 lines for the perceptions then do as lil chris did and use the aim points and pivot in. Not that complicated once you understand the terminology. But still think there is more info in the lil Chris vid and easier to understand than any 1 of stans vids on youtube

Yeah, Lil Chris is more straightforward with his version, and he doesn't use a lot of unnecessary words about aiming with spheres on a two by one surface.

The main difference between the two versions is this:

With Chris's version the ob itself is used to determine the final aim line, meaning you are lining up to a reference point on the ob then pivoting to ccb. But there is only one pivot direction, an "inside" pivot as Stan would say. This is very much like the shishkabob system that a friend of mine uses.

With CTE Pro1 you do not pivot/sweep directly from any reference point on the ob. You pivot from left or right of the fixed ccb line you get from the 2-visual perception method. The results, when shooting the same given shot using each method (Chris's and Stan's), will not be the same. Of course, some shots will happen to work with both methods whenever Stan's "perception" line happens to be lined up to the same ob reference point being used with Chris's method.

But think of this..... If I ask you to aim straight through ccb to "A" on the ob, and shoot from there, it will create about a 15° cut angle (fractional aiming). Now if I ask you to aim straight to "A" from a half tip right or left of ccb, then pivot to ccb and shoot from there, it will create a thinner cut angle, thinner than 15°. Depending on bridge length, which is lil Chris's pivot point, and the distance between cb and ob, the created shot angle could be anywhere from about 18° (when the ob is close to the cb) to 90° (when the ob is very far away from the cb). The pivot is always thinning the shot when you pivot from inside the cut angle as Chris shows. With fractional aiming you simply aim thinner or thicker than "A" if the shot looks a little thinner or thicker than 15°. You control how much thinner or thicker by controlling how far from "A" you aim. With lil Chris's pivot method you have only one option, one cb reference and one pivot angle that thins it up.

With Stan's CTE 2-line visual perception method, you use inside and outside pivots, which at least gives you some variance on manipulating the shot angle to make it a little thinner or a little thicker, which is determined by the fixed ccb perception you get between the cb and ob after getting your visuals. Again, from this fixed cb "perception" you decide if it the shot looks thick or thin, and then you use an inside or outside pivot to thin or thicken the shot up. With lil Chris's method this is not an option. He only shows inside pivots, which always thins the shot.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Lil Chris is more straightforward with his version, and he doesn't use a lot of unnecessary words about aiming with spheres on a two by one surface.

The main difference between the two versions is this:

With Chris's version the ob itself is used to determine the final aim line, meaning you are lining up to a reference point on the ob then pivoting to ccb. But there is only one pivot direction, an "inside" pivot as Stan would say. This is very much like the shishkabob system that a friend of mine uses.

With CTE Pro1 you do not pivot/sweep directly from any reference point on the ob. You pivot from left or right of the fixed ccb line you get from the 2-visual perception method. The results, when shooting the same given shot using each method (Chris's and Stan's), will not be the same. Of course, some shots will happen to work with both methods whenever Stan's "perception" line happens to be lined up to the same ob reference point being used with Chris's method.

But think of this..... If I ask you to aim straight through ccb to "A" on the ob, and shoot from there, it will create about a 15° cut angle (fractional aiming). Now if I ask you to aim straight to "A" from a half tip right or left of ccb, then pivot to ccb and shoot from there, it will create a thinner cut angle, thinner than 15°. Depending on bridge length, which is lil Chris's pivot point, and the distance between cb and ob, the created shot angle could be anywhere from about 18° (when the ob is close to the cb) to 90° (when the ob is very far away from the cb). The pivot is always thinning the shot when you pivot from inside the cut angle as Chris shows. With fractional aiming you simply aim thinner or thicker than "A" if the shot looks a little thinner or thicker than 15°. You control how much thinner or thicker by controlling how far from "A" you aim. With lil Chris's pivot method you have only one option, one cb reference and one pivot angle that thins it up.

With Stan's CTE 2-line visual perception method, you use inside and outside pivots, which at least gives you some variance on manipulating the shot angle to make it a little thinner or a little thicker, which is determined by the fixed ccb perception you get between the cb and ob after getting your visuals. Again, from this fixed cb "perception" you decide if it the shot looks thick or thin, and then you use an inside or outside pivot to thin or thicken the shot up. With lil Chris's method this is not an option. He only shows inside pivots, which always thins the shot.
I agree. Lil Chris admits that he is not saying his vid is how to do cte. He says his studying ongoing and he will post more videos when possible. I was just alittle irritated that some on here pretend to bash cte yet are quite knowledgable and are always correcting everyone and finding ways to make negative comments. They seem rather disingenuous. But thank you for explaining in detail the difference. I am still working on cte and have a ways to go. The main benefit of cte in my opinion is it forces you to look at similar shots in a consistent disciplined perception.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree. Lil Chris admits that he is not saying his vid is how to do cte. He says his studying ongoing and he will post more videos when possible. I was just alittle irritated that some on here pretend to bash cte yet are quite knowledgable and are always correcting everyone and finding ways to make negative comments. They seem rather disingenuous. But thank you for explaining in detail the difference. I am still working on cte and have a ways to go. The main benefit of cte in my opinion is it forces you to look at similar shots in a consistent disciplined perception.

That's always a great benefit (in bold above). In order to develop consistency, you must consistently use a good psr.

And, having watched other lil' Chris videos, I have to say he is very good at conveying his material in a very easy, effective, professional manner. Good stuff.

JC

Coos Cues
What lil chris describes is not even close to actual CTE. If it works that's fine but its NOT CTE as Stan teaches it.

I agree and understand enough of what Stan teaches to know with no edge ball perception it's not nearly the same.

What Chris said most could understand though which was a breath of fresh air. Because it made sense that was good enough for them.

That will all change when the TRUTH or THE BOOK or whatever hits the market.;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree and understand enough of what Stan teaches to know with no edge ball perception it's not nearly the same.

What Chris said most could understand though which was a breath of fresh air. Because it made sense that was good enough for them.

That will all change when the TRUTH or THE BOOK or whatever hits the market.;)
I understand that. Its still not CTE and that moron called me a liar for saying so. If it works great. I think i said that too. I put the idiot on Ignore.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I understand that. Its still not CTE and that moron called me a liar for saying so. If it works great. I think i said that too. I put the idiot on Ignore.

So, CTE gets credit when it's not even being used?
Chris might as well name his system.

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To each their own I guess, whatever it takes to work... half tip here, full tip there, lil Chris's version, Bob Nunley's, Howard Berger's, John Barton's, etc... :wink:

It's always a half tip from ball address down to full stance....

plus

from (half Tip) fullstance, when you bend/sweep halfway...... the pivot lessens smaller than a half tip...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

If you study CTE then you will understand that stan's videos are explaining various aspects of CTE. There isn't a single one that teaches CTE from the beginning. Cte is quite deep and yes there are many "versions" that can work for many shots. In fact it's kind of cool to experiment with different objective aiming methods and find some ways to aim that aren't strictly CTE or any other named method.

CTE has solutions for multi-rail banks that are the nuts. Today I drained four two railers in a row after figuring out the right aim using CTE. Of course I said to myself that I would never be able to do it on video. My normal regimen is to go in the next day and start with what I learned the day before to see if I really got it.

Definitely intoxicating when you really start to see it with objective aiming systems.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you study CTE then you will understand that stan's videos are explaining various aspects of CTE. There isn't a single one that teaches CTE from the beginning. Cte is quite deep and yes there are many "versions" that can work for many shots. In fact it's kind of cool to experiment with different objective aiming methods and find some ways to aim that aren't strictly CTE or any other named method.
CTE has solutions for multi-rail banks that are the nuts. Today I drained four two railers in a row after figuring out the right aim using CTE. Of course I said to myself that I would never be able to do it on video. My normal regimen is to go in the next day and start with what I learned the day before to see if I really got it.
Definitely intoxicating when you really start to see it with objective aiming systems.
Mr. Barton, sir, you are "casting pearls before swine".
Let 'em eat cake.

Last edited:

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree that its not an all inclusive cte video. I think i liked Chris' vid cuz He explained the pivot and had the camera showing his look down the cue. That said, i watched several of your vids and others and none of them were complete (all inclusive cte) in an understandable way. just a little here and there. But I so thank you for posting the vids. My game has improved little by little.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To hell with video -- if you can't do it in competition it has no value.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
If you study CTE then you will understand that stan's videos are explaining various aspects of CTE. There isn't a single one that teaches CTE from the beginning.

Probably so, but Stan had 3 videos that together show everything you need to know. I've posted them before to back up some statements that I've made when others accused me of "misinterpreting" Stan's words or instructions. But the proof is in the videos.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

https://youtu.be/oqkYHRTeMZ0?t=1146
Is it still objective when you miss many times and still not know why ?
CTE has absolutely ruined you. Is that even CTE Pro 1? Where are the visual sweeps and half a tip of pivot ?
Slight angle shot and you're doing all that ????
It would be a lot easier to aim the base of the cue ball to the aiming line .
On top of that , it improves your mechanics and PSR because you line up everything to that line.
And by visualizing and knowing where the cue ball goes after collision would help see the shot better.

Using a ghost ball template to dial in CTE?
https://youtu.be/oqkYHRTeMZ0?t=1653
Really?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably so, but Stan had 3 videos that together show everything you need to know. I've posted them before to back up some statements that I've made when others accused me of "misinterpreting" Stan's words or instructions. But the proof is in the videos.

The proof was in the videos correct. Not so much truth in your interpretations though, and you have admitted that you made mistakes sometimes. Just let it go. You guys have made a lot more mistakes about CTE the last few days without being corrected. It got a little comical for a while.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The proof was in the videos correct. Not so much truth in your interpretations though, and you have admitted that you made mistakes sometimes. Just let it go. You guys have made a lot more mistakes about CTE the last few days without being corrected. It got a little comical for a while.
Mister CookieMan, sir...........Let 'em eat cake. :thumbup2:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Here are the 3 videos that combined fully explain CTE and CTE Pro1. I have not said anything about the system that doesn't go hand-in-hand with the information and instructions provided by Stan in these videos. So I'm posting the links again so anyone interested in the system won't have to weed through 100+ videos trying to understand it.

#1: https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

#2: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

#3: https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM