CUE U - College of Billiards and Pool

vvsels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone attended their classes. They are based out of Rockford, IL. They offer 3 classes which lasts for 2 days each (about 14-16 hours). The cost seems to be nominal. The course looks like its structured in a way that you would get to improve your mechanics and aiming in the first class and then improve on that in the next two classes.

I live in Des Moines, Iowa and Cue U is the closest one to offer a structured training.

I did speak to Bob (the lead instructor) and the one thing I liked about the conversation I had with him was that he did not want me to take the 2nd class within the next few weeks after the 1st class as he wanted me to practice what is taught in class 1 for 3-4 months before I take the next class. At the least it shows that they are looking to improve the play of their students. He also mentioned that it would be a one on one session with an instructor even though the class strength would be 3-4 students. I believe they usually have 4 instructors for every class.

I have read few books, online tips and training videos but feel that an instructor lead training would help me step up my game.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

They offer the following 3 classes.

Cue U - One : Pool cue movement and alignment. Video analysis and individual pool drills to enhance pool performance and consistency. Emphasis on shot mechanics and precision cue ball control. Pool workshops on speed control, aiming, shotmaking, effective break shots. How to improve the mental game.

Cue U - Two : Pool cue ball control and position play. Elements of applicable pool physics and geometry. Applying vertical and horizontal spin to the cue ball. Pool workshops and clinics on position zones, shot selection and safety techniques. How to win with good runout strategy.

Cue U - Three : Winning pool shots and techniques. How to win with carom shots, billiard shots and gear shots. How to turn a bad situation into a runout. Pool workshops on kick shots, bank shots, jump shots and masse shots.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did attend Bob's class years ago, but I don't remember that much about it. I know the class was in an old warehouse looking building, and I actually thought I was in the wrong place, because from the outside it looked condemned. Bob came outside and led us in, and I remember a bench that actually converted into a pool or billiard table...pretty cool. Inside there were 5 or 6 tables, and three instructors, a woman, an older guy, and Bob.
I do remember Bob being very impatient, like when they took us to lunch he was waiting at the front door with the van before we even knew lunch was over, and one other thing I do remember is that they would not allow a closed bridge, you had to shoot the entire time with an open bridge.Wish I could help you more, but it's been a while.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I actually taught there for a couple of years. It's a great place once you get inside, because the building is a dump and the neighborhood is sketchy. Good people and beautiful facility inside.

But, if anyone wants to learn the exact training from CUE U, contact me as I'm closer to the airport than Rockford, (90 minutes to Rockford only 40 minutes to St. Charles) and live in one of the better neighborhoods in the area. Plus, I have no overhead and will pass the savings onto you,,,,PM me for pricing for 4 hours, 1 day or 2 days.

RJ Wilkinson
ACS Advanced Instructor
House Pro - RAckem Up
Shootpool2004@yahoo.com

Last edited: