Diamond Pool Table Lights

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
We are in the process of putting together a billiards room in our retirement community. Here is my question. Will a Diamond pool table light for a 7" table work on an 8" table? If anyone has done this, how high is your light from the floor?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't provide any measurements, but yes, you have a match.

It isn't a movie projector...it is ok if light dribbles off the cloth, ya know?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
To some, it isn't acceptable
Believe it or not, there are light snobs!

The Diamond lights point straight down with their diffusers or whatever those are called.

This creates a different shadow on object balls near either end rail than do the standard type of lights. I've watched many a player cut too thin on these shots under Diamond lights.

Maybe my judgment isn't correct here, but I have problems with these shots, too, and must take an extra second or two when under Diamond lights.

I'd think a shorter version on a longer table would make that problem greater, but not sure about that.

My opinion from subjective observations, so take it as such.

Jeff Livingston

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Light

Diamond recommends the bottom of the light to be 78 inches from the floor...
If this does not shed light enough for the 8' table you'll want to rise the light a few more inches..

Rob.M

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
;
Diamond recommends the bottom of the light to be 78 inches from the floor...
If this does not shed light enough for the 8' table you'll want to rise the light a few more inches..

Rob.M

Thanks Rob, that was my thinking also. That is why I asked if anyone has had success with using a 7' light on a 8' table and at what height they were successful? These lights a expensive and I don't want our community to buy the 7' lights if they won't work on a 8' table.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real important is what is inside the light box?
My 7' diamond light had old style circuline tubes that I replaced with 3 LED bright white 12 inch type to make brighter and more energy efficient! .

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I often play in a pool hall that has oversized 8' Diamond Tables. They have the 7' Diamond lights over each table that appear to be at the recommended height. The amount of light on the table seems to be quite adequate both in daylight and at night when the pool hall is dimly lit.