2011 14.1 Challenge at SBE

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Charlie,

I've read some of the things you're looking into for next year. More tables, posting the scores and a location away from main traffic flow.

We talked a bit at SBE about separating the pros from the rest of us hacks. Have you given that a thought as to how that will work? I had quite a few players ready to give it a try until they found out the pros were involved.

I'm looking forward to next year's event. I would've bought in more at this one, but I was playing so poorly. I'm certainly not in the level of the 8 that made it through, but I would've liked to put up better than a 22 high run.

Scott

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Scott that is the idea for next year no definite format has been put into place yet but its something that is on the table and will be discussed in detail on here and by all who were involved and will be involved next year. Any ideas or suggestions at this point would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Your daughter was adorable and your wife seemed incredibly nice buddy !!!!

Charlie

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep on top of headline event match times to prevent "line jumping" funny business

Charlie:

As you probably saw in the other thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=2345191#post2345191

...I'd recommend keeping on top of the match times in [at least] the pro tournament. It's not difficult, and will head-off any funny business attempted by any "big name" player, especially those that may have a rep for dishonesty or "bow to me mine own minions" deity complexes.

It will take you & the crew out of a vulnerable/exploitable position -- all good.

-Sean

P.S.: I mean what I said -- kudos for a great job, first-time freshman attempt or not!

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Sean much appreciated yeah that is definitely something we are going to keep our eye on next year.

Great seeing you there buddy. Great shot in your avatar by the way also.

Charlie

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Sean much appreciated yeah that is definitely something we are going to keep our eye on next year.

Great seeing you there buddy. Great shot in your avatar by the way also.

Charlie

Charlie:

Thanks! Jerry T. of NYCGrind shared that one with me, and I like how it shows the intensity with which I was playing that match. In that shot, you'll see the 10-ball is the only ball motion-blurred, because it was on its way down towards the far corner pocket (it was a 5-10 combination that I called and made). Alas, that match went hill-hill, and I scratched on the match-winning 10-ball (a real fluke of a scratch, too)! Talk about a stream of expletives that I held to a mutter under my breath!

I'm looking forward to next year. I'll also do my best to help out the 14.1 Challenge event with what to look out for on the match prioritization front as well, because I'll have "insider" knowledge of those other headline events. ;)

-Sean