rule question

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last night we were playing straight pool and when I made the 14th ball of the rack in a combo the 15th ball followed it. So now I am sitting with out a break out ball. How is this scored and what is the official rule

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
last night we were playing straight pool and when I made the 14th ball of the rack in a combo the 15th ball followed it. So now I am sitting with out a break out ball. How is this scored and what is the official rule

I think it's 15th ball on the foot spot and cue ball in the kitchen...........

Kim

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The rules are here: http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/the_rules_of_play#4.8
They are a little hard to read through for the first time, but I think it is worthwhile. There is also a table there that may help.

The special situation rule don't say specifically how to score, so you score according to the normal rules: a point for each ball pocketed on a shot in which you make your called shot. That rule is just above the rule on special racking situations.

Paul Dayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as you made your called shot, anything else that goes counts as a point. You rack all 15 balls and the cue ball remains where it was except if it is in the rack in which case it goes behind the head string.

The usual name for the last shot you took is Oops, or something a little more explicit.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
As Paul said, all 15 balls are racked and the cue ball is played from position, unless it is in the rack area.

You get credit for both balls pocketed.