how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i played in my napa playoffs yesterday. suprisingly my team went from dead last in the session to 4th place in the playoffs. cant believe we did that without fielding our best team due to a couple of no shows. i did not think i was even going to be able to even field a team due to several wanted to play in the apa 8 ball top gun yest. but at the last minute they decided to play napa instead. they told me there would be more qualifiers but there is only one playoff.

suprisingly i was the only one on my team to go undefeated all thru the playoffs.:grin-square:

i was going to play in apa 9 ball top gun today but my g/f took the car outa town and its raining so i ain;t ridin my bike.

called a buddy to pick me up later for apa double jeapordy this eve if its still raining.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I thought this league thread would be buzzing with the streamed league tournament at the Expo.
I hardly see anyone talking about it in the league thread here. So does that mean all you league players
are not supporting that league stream by watching.

I know the league players don't seem to support the pro's ever by showing
any interest but do the league players not even support the league players?
I would say I'm shocked but I'm really not, as it appears there's not much
interest or buzz, if any about the live stream of the league tournament at the Expo,

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
Wow I thought this league thread would be buzzing with the streamed league tournament at the Expo.
I hardly see anyone talking about it in the league thread here. So does that mean all you league players

interest or buzz, if any about the live stream of the league tournament at the Expo,

Who are you again? :rolleyes:

That's right, a troll.

I also understand it's difficult to read, but the title is about how players are doing in league. Now, run along to another thread where you can jump in and run your mouth or add some smart-ass comment.

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was making a league related point, what's your point?
Oh that's right you just run your mouth.

When you finally figure out there's a difference between
talking like you play good and actually playing good
then maybe you'll watch some of the live streams and
learn something.

When you think you know it all, it's hard to learn. :thumbup:

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

learn something.

When you think you know it all, it's hard to learn.

i watched some of the eastern bca championship last weekend.

have watched some of the western bca championship and the tap rally in the valley this weekend.

yep i learned something..... they all amateurs like me.:grin-square:

now i am going to put what i learned.... not to miss like they do when i go play league tonight.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played apa 9 ball last night won 14-6. Not one of my better nights, but made enough to win, should have shot better, but that is not always the case.
As for streaming. I watch some streaming most anytime there is one running. There happens to be more than 1 running this weekend. Expo is not at the top of my list.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member

I play league on Tuesdays (TAP), Wednesdays (TAP and BCBC), Thursdays (APA), and Sunday afternoons (NAPA). I also shoot on Friday and Saturday nights at my place all night long, preferably for cash, but I'll shoot just to shoot if need be..
I honestly don't have much interest in watching other league players shoot, outside of my immediate teams (its frustrating to watch), and watching the Pros (live or live stream) is quite honestly, boring. Pattern racking, pattern run outs, and it's emotionless ( I don't fault fault them for it, but it's boring)..
Now, however, put on a good grudge or money match, and I'll buy the stream and watch it... :thumbup:

Sorry, but there's only so much time in a day, and I'd much rather spend it shooting pool than watching it... :shrug:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly don't have much interest in watching other league players shoot, outside of my immediate teams (its frustrating to watch),

Sorry, but there's only so much time in a day, and I'd much rather spend it shooting pool than watching it... :shrug:

I concur. I played my APA 8-ball match Tuesday, APA 9-ball match Wednesday, practiced with my friend on Thursday, worked late on Friday, and was in action Saturday.

Ain't nobody got time for watching league players on a live stream.

Banks

Banned

learn something.

When you think you know it all, it's hard to learn. :thumbup:

I just got back from the western bca event, playing and gambling all week, now at league. I haven't seen anything from you but trolling. Hell, I can't even remember if you've even said you play. I cashed in both events I played and gambling. I also supported streaming.. I bought Lenny a couple drinks! He's a fun guy and shoots straight.

On topic, I drilled a 7 in 9, 18-2. About to play 8. Doing pretty well after playing on diamonds nearly nonstop for about a week.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I work, a lot. This weekend, when I wasn't working, I was taking care of my son, and when I wasn't, I was sleeping.

I rarely get to watch any stream. Timing just isn't right. I'm gonna take my tablet with me to league Tuesday, just cuz its John and Lou, and all that's gone on between them. As I'm the captain of my Tuesday team, I wont be able to watch much regardless.

I don't play TAP. So there isn't any direct interest for me. There is one guy that is playing in our APA division that only recently moved here, and was at SBE playing. None of us knew when he was gonna be on the TV table until after he played. (He had phone issues and couldn't update us.) I would have tried to watch his match, had I known.

Is that enough explanation?

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been following this thread for a while so I figured I should join in.
I'm in two Sunday leagues, an afternoon APA league and an evening straight pool (14.1) league. In APA I lost my 8 Ball match but won two (one a makeup) 9-Ball matches. In the two 9-Ball matches I had higher actual scores even though I played higher skill level players so it was gratifying winning without the handicap.
Then I went to my straight pool league in another pool room and got clobbered 107-28. (The handicap was 107-35!!!) But I learn by playing better players.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been following this thread for a while so I figured I should join in.
I'm in two Sunday leagues, an afternoon APA league and an evening straight pool (14.1) league. In APA I lost my 8 Ball match but won two (one a makeup) 9-Ball matches. In the two 9-Ball matches I had higher actual scores even though I played higher skill level players so it was gratifying winning without the handicap.
Then I went to my straight pool league in another pool room and got clobbered 107-28. (The handicap was 107-35!!!) But I learn by playing better players.

welcome to the thread. good shooting.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i played double jeapordy tonight. as usaual i lost my 1st match. it don't matter which game i play ...i lose the 1st one and kick ass the 2nd one.

i played the same guy both matches. he is a 6/6 and i am a 5/5.

he won 8 ball 5-1. i won 9 ball 38-19. i got there an hour early and practiced . it still did not help my slow starting.:mad:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Rough week in leagues

Had a rough time in league play all week.. :frown:

Starting last Sunday for NAPA league 8-Ball, I lost the hill Hill game against a guy who honestly shouldn't have a chance against me. He won 3-5 ( I needed 6), and I even had 2 break n runs and still lost..
Lost against a buddy of mine again in the hill Hill game in TAP 9-ball on Tuesday night. We're a pretty equal match up, and both the captains of our teams. We both shot SO poorly, that we had a chuckle about it afterwards thinking the LO is gonna think we were up to some shananagans when he sees the score sheets...
Finally played halfway decent on Wednesday night TAP 8-Ball. Beat a TAP 6 for the second time this session. First time blanked him 5-0 at their place, this time I beat him 5-2 at my place. He shot better this time, but I don't think he was used to playing on Pro Cut Diamonds. It took him a few games to get a feel for the table, and by then I already up 3-0 on him. Lost my focus for a few games, but pretty easily won the last two.. Team took a 5-0, and we needed it... :thumbup:
Had a bye in APA 9-ball on Thursday. Good thing I think, cause I needed a break...
Had NAPA 8-Ball again this afternoon, but the other team only ended up having 3 shooters. They didn't have a player higher than I think 53 on the roster, so I sat myself out. I'd have been going to 7 against any of their players, with them only needing either 2 or 3. It can be tough to fade a 7-2 race anytime, but especially when my confidence had taken a hit basically all week..

It's my 40th Birthday today (the 17th), and I'm leaving on a cruise with 22 of my friends and family on Thursday for it, so I hope I have a better week of league before we leave...

P. S. - You better believe I picked the cruise ship with a pool table on it!!!! :thumbup:

ChrisWoj

Just some one eyed guy.
Silver Member
This appears to be a thread open to anyone shooting leagues, so why not toss in my experiences...
I played for the first time in a CRAPS (not sure if CRAPS is local or national? I think local - it is NAPA with small small modifications and its own rating system) league last fall and never won a single game, much less a whole match. I played as an alternate on a team, and played about every three-five weeks and played only three matches.

This spring I'm playing two leagues. Again I'm relegated to alternate status in one league, a Thursday NAPA league. In my first experience I was given a 5-3 race, and lost it 3-3 to an inferior player that did not play well even for herself (I say this based on her reaction to her own play). That is my only experience in that league, just a few weeks ago. But hey - I won some games!

On Wednesdays I am playing another CRAPS league, an in-house that is thankfully within 2 miles of home and therefore an option for regular play (I'm a grad student and get up by 6am for internship atop that, hence all my time spent being an alternate). I've played the past two weeks and picked up wins in a 3-3 (3 to 2) race and a 2-3 (3 to 1) race.

One of the biggest challenges I've noted so far is not at all a shock to me. I play another skill game at an elite level (disc golf), so I've gone through this before some nine years ago now. When I step up to the table for my league matches my heart races. Its the same issue I still have when I step up to the tee for a national tour event in my other game, and something that was an issue for me in simple league matches when I was still a novice at disc golf. Considering that a player's "true" skill level includes this mental attribute I can't yet legitimately say that I am a better player than my results, however knowing that I have got over the nerves in the past in other games I'm pretty ready to get comfortable with this league thing.

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member

WTF would I want to pay to watch league players play? I have a hard enough time watching most of my teammates play their matches as they are dreadful. That doesn't mean I don't support them. I stay every week until the last ball drops without fail even though I get up at 4:45am every day for work.

Also, I was at the Expo on Saturday "supporting"...as you would call it, the pros. Also stopped to watch some of the amateur matches as well which was painful to watch. Its really difficult to believe that some of these hacks actually laid out $75 to play in the tournament being as bad as they were.

It's my 40th Birthday today (the 17th),

Happy birthday man!

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
When I step up to the table for my league matches my heart races. Its the same issue I still have when I step up to the tee for a national tour event in my other game, and something that was an issue for me in simple league matches when I was still a novice at disc golf. Considering that a player's "true" skill level includes this mental attribute I can't yet legitimately say that I am a better player than my results, however knowing that I have got over the nerves in the past in other games I'm pretty ready to get comfortable with this league thing.

Hi Chris. I still get the same thing. It actually seems to help me focus believe it or not. Its gotten better the more league matches I've played since getting back into the game.