Maryland 2012 14.1 Straight Pool Championships

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Lots of excitement coming up with the World Tournament in New York starting Sunday!

Down here in Maryland we are gearing up for yet another installment of our 14.1 event. Peter Burrows always puts together a great event and this year is no different. It will be the weekend of Aug 18/19th at Big Daddy's Billiards in Glen Burnie, MD (just south of Baltimore).

Last year Johnny Archer defeated John Schmidt in a very well played finals match. We have another strong field this year - perhaps our strongest ever! And they'll all be in full 14.1 mode after playing at the World Tournament.

flyer2012.jpg

Andy

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event is next weekend! Wow...what a field Peter Burrows has put together! Here is how the player list is shaping up (don't hold me to it).

Last year's winner Johnny "The Scorpion" Archer will be back to defend his title!

2012 Predator 14.1 World Tournament winner John "Mr 400" Schmidt will be here!

2011 Predator 14.1 World Tournament winner Thorsten "The Hitman" Hohmann is in!

Mika "The Iceman" Immonen, Steve Lipsky, Danny Barouty, Zion Zvi, Michael Yednak and Jerry Tarantola (NYC Grind) will represent New York City.

Ralph Eckert recent 2012 World Tournament semifinalist will join in.

Three "local" players that have made it big will play: Mike Davis (2nd at Worlds last year), Brandon Shuff and Big Daddy's Billiards house pro Shaun Wilkie.

World Champion Bobby Hunter is coming.

Corey Deuel, Mike Dechaine, Bobby Chamberlain, Dave Daya, Bob Maidhoff and others!

Big Daddy's Billiards room owner Richard Cynthia Molineiro will have home court advantage!

I've also heard that there are still 2 spots available if you want to "be" part of the action!

Come on out to Big Daddy's Billiards next Saturday/Sunday and take in all the action!

Andy

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andy, I heard that former champion Danny Harriman was thinking about playing. Have you heard anything about that?

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that it is possible but not confirmed. Same with Mike Sigel.

Andy

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MD State 14.1 Aug 18-19

OK.....here we go again!!!!!!!

This will be the best ever because of all the BIG NAMES!!! Please check this out!!!

First off I wanted to say thank you to Johnny Archer for returning to defend his title!!! Thanks Johnny!!!

OK so we are having....

Johnny Archer
Mr. 400!! John Schmidt...Great job John the 2012' WORLD CHAMP!!!!
Cory Deuel
Mika Imoneon
Mike Sigel
Thorsten Holhman
Shaun Wilkie!!! (My house pro)
Mike Dechaine
Ralph Engart
Mike Davis
Bob Maidoff
Steve Lipsky
Danny Barouty
Zion Zvi
Bob Hunter
Alan Duty
Rick Molineiro
Dave Daya
Bob Chamberlin
Brandon Shuff
Jeff Crawford
Jim Heller
Randy Jaragoske
Bob Madenjian
Larry Moy
St. Brownstone
Dan Heidrich

I'm very, very sorry if I did not spell your name wrong or if I didn't get your name.

We should have a great spectator showing so tell your friends too!!! You don't want to miss out on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Rick, Cindy, Mom, Dad and Baxter too!!!

G&M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Rick,

Saw my name on the list, but unfortunately cannot make it this year. Hopefully will be there next year. I know that Peter runs an excellent tournament, and I always enjoy playing in your great room.

Will see you next time I'm in town. Please give my best to Cindy.

Take care,
Larry

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
So I heard from Alvin

Inside Pool is doing the stream, hopefully he can lure in the likes of Bobby Hunter to do some commentary along with the likes of many other huge names that are going to be there !!

I am working a double on friday, but i should be on the stream Saturday and Sunday. I'll be helping out Modding the stream. come on by !

-Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
If I am not mistaken the players meeting is either Thursday night or Friday, So it would be hard to setup before then without everyone confirmed being there.

Last edited:

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player's meeting/reception is Friday night. Round robin matches start Saturday around 10. Single elimination on Sunday for top 16 or maybe 24.

Andy

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Group 1
Corey Deuel
Marty Ciccia
Warren Kiamco
Peter Burrows

Group 2
John Schmidt
Bob Maidhof
Alan Duty
Nate Sulinski

Group 3
Johnny Archer
Steve Lipsky
Mike Davis
Michael Frank

Group 4
Mika Immonen
Michael Yednak
Brian Deska
Andy Lincoln

Group 5
Thorsten Hohmann
Shaun Wilkie
Joey Landi
Chris Riley

Group 6
Ralph Eckert
Bobby Hunter
Zion Zvi
Amit Kumar

Group 7
Dave Daya
Mike Dechaine
Rick Molineiro
Jerry Tarantola

Group 8
Danny Barouty
Brandon Shuff
Bill Dunsmore
Don Polo

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Anyone have any score updates besides the Davis vs Archer and Lipsky vs Frank ?

thanks
-Steve

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Update

Anyone have any score updates besides the Davis vs Archer and Lipsky vs Frank ?

thanks
-Steve

I left a while ago. I know five of the eight bracket winners that went undefeated and get a buy in the first round tomorrow. Corey Duel, Thorsten Hohmann, Mike Davis, Mika Immonen and Zion Zvi.

Mike Dechaine had a 125 and out. Mike Davis had a 90 and out and opened the next match with another 90. Zion beat Ralph Eckert in a nail biter and then beat Bobby Hunter 125-39.

Wedge

Last edited:

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top 8 seeds in order

1. Mike Davis
2. Thorsten Hohmann
3. Brandon Shuff
4. John Schmidt
5. Warren Kiamco
6. Mika Immonen
7. Zion Zvi
8. Dave Daya

Play starts tomorrow at 10:00. The top 8 get a bye and the 9-24 are all seeded and play based on ball differential.

Andy