Old
  (#46)
1pRoscoe
AzB Silver Member
1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketchump
I don't know how much Frost and Duell were playing for but I saw the knots they posted so it was quite a bit.
I was told it was $6K

I has wood.

Yep
Old
  (#47)
Ratchet
AzB Silver Member
Ratchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of light

Yep - 01-11-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9
Lil John there, or will he be there?
I got his autograph Tuesday just before I left, He was with some friends and supposedly had a matchup on the hook and looking for more seemed like A hell of a nice guy , Matter of fact All the big boys (and girls) seemed very outgoing!

Ratchet - Dat's all I know ...........

Sorry bout that
Old
  (#48)
Ratchet
AzB Silver Member
Ratchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of lightRatchet is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry bout that - 01-11-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstroke32
Whay happen to all the azer's who are there they should be keeping us to date..On the action ..
When the funds ran low I had to go actually if it wasnt for the fact that I didn't bring enough medication for the duration I would still be there although I would have had to bunk under the pool table in the room lololol .....

I was starting to get that reporting nailed down !!well...maybe just a little nailed

Ratchet -

OHB Rocks.......
Old
  (#49)
Ratchet
AzB Silver Member

OHB Rocks....... - 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHasBeen
The AZ/OP room is awsome thanks to williebetmore, Randi, Timberly, and the ever present Ratchet. About all I have had time to do there is get some pros to sign the banner and play a little.

TY & GL, (OHB)
I found OHB to be a really decent guy who really is a man of action He talks the talk and walks the walk ,He introduced Buddy Hall to the AZB room and I think he likes what he sees because he has been in and out quite a few times It was a pleasure watching Buddy just hang out and shoot around although he looked like he wasnt feeling well .....OHB is pleasant to be around and an entertainer to boot ...Thanks for the kind words my friend I was glad to help out and wish it had been possible to remain there

Ratchet - Leaving Ya all there felt like leaving family ! Oh and Let me know how my "son" is doin' lol?

Old
  (#50)
lamar25
AzB Silver Member
lamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketchump
Here's one for you from a poster with an "ego".

At six am yesterday, while watching Corey trounce Scott Frost EVEN in one pocket and simulataneously watching the Joyner/Durbin marathon match I was barked at to play some one hole.

So I matched up with Tony from Pinehurst in a 5 ahead set for 700. After losing the first three games in about 10 minutes I battled back and took it down about four hours later. Oh - and I was ALL IN with my available cash - I had $4 left in my pocket. So I claim the distinction of being the worst player at Derby to leave with CASH and was probably the only one to find a real true EVEN game.

Cliff finally got Durbin. I don't know how much Frost and Duell were playing for but I saw the knots they posted so it was quite a bit. Duell is just brilliant, even slightly autistic in my opinion, when it comes to pool. He shot shots that had Frost perplexed and pissed the whole time. Duell did get lucky several times on the shots he tried but for the most part he played perfectly.

I also watched a few games between Efren Reyes and Gabe Owen with Gabe getting 9:7. They traded games while I was watching and it seemed as though Efren wasn't really trying too hard. He just didn't seem to be quite as sharp as in earlier tournament matches. It was like 3:00 am or so when I was watching - I think.

I got a little video of the frost/duell and joyner/durbin matches on my webcam. I don't know how it came out - the lighting was really bad for the webcam. I might post some of it if I have time.

Other than that I have to say that I need SLEEP.

John
Hey John,
Just to let you know, I was not refering to you when I refered to "player with an ego".

You posted the kind of information I'm looking for. THANKS.

Good to see you back.

"Have a nice day",
Lamar

Old
  (#51)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2006, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatinNbettin
WEll the long awaited return of Eric Durbin has surfaced and he is taking on CLiff a we speak 10/7 in one pocket.....man I hate work right now....glad the bettin half of us is at DCC already. I will be there Wednesday.......
I will post more later when he lets me know more details.
Anybody know how Watson & Hennesee turned out?
It was past my bedtime.

Old
  (#52)
NorthCarolinian
AzB Silver Member
NorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond reputeNorthCarolinian has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2006, 11:27 AM

How were watson and hennessee playing? what kind of set and how much money?

Old
  (#53)
Mike Templeton
Confidence........
Mike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Templeton  
01-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinian
How were watson and hennessee playing? what kind of set and how much money?
I think Tony and Jonathan played 8 ahead for 2 dimes with Hennessee getting the last 2. Jonathan won the set.

Mike

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in
his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Name: Mike
Cue: Olney Custom

Old
  (#54)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz
Ktown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75
  Send a message via MSN to Ktown D  
01-17-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Templeton
I think Tony and Jonathan played 8 ahead for 2 dimes with Hennessee getting the last 2. Jonathan won the set.

Mike
Jon was getting the last two. It was 8 ahead for 3 bags of sand (plus a few jellybeans I had bet with various people).

"It's either bet big or go to the house, Jack" ~ Uncle Si

What I Shoots With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Old
  (#55)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel
CaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-17-2006, 12:19 PM

Did anyone see Tommy Kennedy or David Howard there? I have not heard anything from them?

Favorite Game: One Pocket
Playing Cue: KC with Predator Vantage Shaft
Break/Jump Cue: J&J with Samsara Tip
Case: John Barton Rugged 2X5 with 3 pockets; http://www.jbcases.com/

NO, I am not Mike Sigel, he is skinny and has less hair, also I do not have any affiliation with GPPA .

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...00005109825871

My Cue Gallery: http://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=1106

Old
  (#56)
Timberly

vCash:

01-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Did anyone see Tommy Kennedy or David Howard there? I have not heard anything from them?
I didn't see either one of them. For all the players that were there, I was still surprised at all the players that weren't there. There were quite a few MIA's.

Old
  (#57)
prolecat
Go Gators!
prolecat has a spectacular aura aboutprolecat has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via AIM to prolecat Send a message via MSN to prolecat  
04-12-2006, 12:29 PM

Sounds so exciting, looking forward to hooking up with some AZ'ers next year for my first DCC!

Paul Nelson
----
Playing Cue: Andy Gilbert J/B
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump cue: Bunjee!
Case: Whitten 2x4
Playing Hours/week: 20+-

Old
  (#58)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
04-21-2010, 09:43 AM

One of my faves from the OHB:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHasBeen View Post
A lot of "First" for this OHB playing "Alex The Lion".

First - We played on the TV table.
Second - We played with the measles cue ball.
Third - We used the Sardo Rack.

The first game set the tone for the match.

Alex won the break flip and I played excellent safety’s to get the score to me +2 & Alex -2 after about 8 innings. I was off on a safety shot by about ¼ inch and Alex ran 10 & out.
Second game - After 9 innings Alex owed 1 and I had 1. Alex kicked 3 rails and made a dead combo in the stack and ran 9 & out.
Third game - He just ran 8 & out from the second shot after the break.

Wow - At one time I actually felt like I was playing Louie back in the '70's. He goes straight for the jugular and shows no mercy. If he does play a safety it is still about 80% offence. This Alex is really a very nice & funny guy to play with.
I was glad to be able to play on the TV table and enjoyed the entire experience.
Now that I'm "In The Money", I hope I draw Efren next. I think I now have these Philippino’s figured out. All I have to do is play perfect, don't miss anything, and hope they are off a little bit.

“Now On To Action”, OHB.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: