Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How I Met Eric, a lesson learned
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Brian in VA
AzB Silver Member
Brian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond reputeBrian in VA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to Brian in VA  
03-30-2015, 01:55 PM

I've known Eric for at least 10 years and while he has mellowed, he's still a dick. (One dick to another, buddy.)

Now that I got that out of the way, he's one of the most decent people I know with a truly good heart. And he's a successful businessman. And has a gorgeous and wonderful wife. And a solid pool game.

No wonder I think he's a dick......

Love ya, pal!

Brian in VA

If I don't respond to you, assume that I hate a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.

Cues: Dale Perry Playing Cue
Lucasi Break Cue

Old
  (#32)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

03-31-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in VA View Post
I've known Eric for at least 10 years and while he has mellowed, he's still a dick. (One dick to another, buddy.)

Now that I got that out of the way, he's one of the most decent people I know with a truly good heart. And he's a successful businessman. And has a gorgeous and wonderful wife. And a solid pool game.

No wonder I think he's a dick......

Love ya, pal!

Brian in VA
Thanks, Bri. Now it looks like I can expect 13 at my funeral.

Eric

Old
  (#33)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

03-31-2015, 10:02 AM

CCB (Sept 2002) Eric in the flesh... having a great time.
Attached Images

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+

Last edited by Tom In Cincy; 03-31-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Old
  (#34)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2015, 10:11 AM

It was the forum provided by Billiards Digest called Cue Chalk Board (CCB) in the mid 90s that I got to meet a lot of wonderful forum members, Eric is (IMO) considered one of the better forum members.

Great sense of humor and is passionate about what he does. I enjoyed our meetings along with other CCB members, at the US OPEN 9 ball tournaments, tournament watching, dinners and of course the CCB tournament with tables provided by Q-Masters.

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Last edited by Tom In Cincy; 03-31-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Old
  (#35)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

03-31-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Cincy View Post
CCB Nov 2003 Eric in the flesh... having a great time.
You da man, Tom, long time no hear...

BTW, it was *Sept 2002*, the 28th (at 11:10 am, to be exact, lol). That was our first get together at the US Open. You had your webcam set up on your laptop, as you were entering everyone's entry into our mini tournament.

Don't ask me how I remembered all of that...

Eric

Old
  (#36)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-31-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Justis View Post
This happened a long time ago but it was one of those things you never forget.

Story goes like this, a guy named Ross posted on one of the forums that his cues did not show up in baggage claim after several long flights. A few days later, Ross received a call from the airlines advising his cues had been located and were being held at an airport in New Jersey quite a distance from Ross's hometown. After reading of Ross' delima and bad luck, Eric immediately, on his own free will, volunteered to go the airport, pick up the cues and had them delivered to the original owner without accepting anything but a "thank you" form the elated owner, That told me a lot about Eric and we have been good friends ever since.
Was this 1proscoe?? He's another one who's a kick to meet. By the way, you guys are ruining my image of Eric, darn it.

Eric also did some live web video commentary if I recall. Was it the Shane/Donny match?

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#37)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom

03-31-2015, 12:15 PM

You are correct Eric, as usual. it was Sept 2002. I still have all the pics in my archives.

Was that really 12+ years ago?

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: