Old
  (#121)
seven_7days
AzB Silver Member
seven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-14-2016, 01:04 PM

All Hail CEZAR!!

thanks,man. 👍

Old
  (#122)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member
Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven_7days View Post
Questions ....I have this Mezz Carom cue and want to have a standard shaft made for it...what type of pin is this...and does Mezz sell the female part separately?

Thanks in advance.
I know a player who have the same 3cushion cue, very nice cue.
Mezz have their own Wavy pin. It's fairly close to 3/8-9.
Some cuemakers have a wavy tap, but it's crazy expensive. I payed $400 for mine!
The minor is 8mm according to the faq sheet from elforyn. That's about .315" while a 3/8-10M is .308" Radial is .312"
When you look closely at the Wavy pin you will see the resemblence to Radial.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#123)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Kim Bye or others,

I'm trying to find some info on a Mezz break shaft. I want to fit one on a butt I really love. It is 5/16-14 piloted. I understand the United joint fits, and I have since put 2 different ones on there. I tried the Deep Impact Pro (I think? it had a line around the shaft line 6 inches up from the joint), and also some other one can't remember which. Both fit fine, although the diameter of the collar was too small.

I'm just trying to figure out which Mezz break shaft is the stiffest and/or hits hardest. Also, I can't seem to find any info about whether their break shafts are low deflection.

Any and all info would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

Old
  (#124)
Big-Tattoo
I'm back
Big-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
Kim Bye or others,

I'm trying to find some info on a Mezz break shaft. I want to fit one on a butt I really love. It is 5/16-14 piloted. I understand the United joint fits, and I have since put 2 different ones on there. I tried the Deep Impact Pro (I think? it had a line around the shaft line 6 inches up from the joint), and also some other one can't remember which. Both fit fine, although the diameter of the collar was too small.

I'm just trying to figure out which Mezz break shaft is the stiffest and/or hits hardest. Also, I can't seem to find any info about whether their break shafts are low deflection.

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
you tried the H or R shaft
the H has the darker Wood near the Bottom where the R shaft has the ASH Wood on that Place.
That R is still the best from all

Name: Ralf- the Man in the Middle with his lovely Thai Girls

Old
  (#125)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member
Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Kim Bye or others,

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
The "H" shafts is the stiffest with it`s Massaranduba (bullet wood) core.
Low deflection gives you no benefits in a break or jump shaft. You want maximum power through that CB.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#126)
Robvandam
PooOooL
Robvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond reputeRobvandam has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Kim Bye or others,

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
Hi, I have had the good fortune to own all of the Mezz break shafts. Heres a breakdown I did awhile go.

Thing to take note of is the weight differences between the shafts as this will affect the cue balance quite considerably.

Hope this helps.

Cheers 🍻

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

"Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him."
-Blaise Pascal

Old
  (#127)
Big-Tattoo
I'm back
Big-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond repute

02-02-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robvandam View Post
Hi, I have had the good fortune to own all of the Mezz break shafts. Heres a breakdown I did awhile go.

Thing to take note of is the weight differences between the shafts as this will affect the cue balance quite considerably.

Hope this helps.

Cheers 🍻

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
I have an R shaft for sale, test hit only with a Samsara tip on, 124 gramm
300$ shipped

Name: Ralf- the Man in the Middle with his lovely Thai Girls

Old
  (#128)
samiun
AzB Silver Member
samiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2017, 12:46 AM

Today I received my WX700 with the new nx ferrule from a local cue maker, the shaft has a crack on the ferrule before being replaced with a new one. After a while, I noticed that the ferrule seems to be longer than before, also the ferrule are so white compared to normal mezz ferrule. I forgot to measure the ferrule before send it for repair.

Does anyone know how long the WX700 ferrule is (in cm)?

Thanks.

Playing Cue: Mezz Axi w/ ExPro, Maycarella Custom Cue
Break Cue: Maycarella BlackBreaker, H-Nung D'Cue
Jump Cue: Maycarella, Predator Air 1st Gen
Case: 3x5 Mezz JPC Hardcase, 4x8 Maycarella Softcase,

Old
  (#129)
Kimmo H.
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2017, 02:21 AM

^ If my memory works I believe that Mezz uses standard 1" ferrules (25.4mm) on the WX700 and HP2 shafts. I'm sure someone who owns a wx700 can verify but thats what i recall the ferrule being

Did you ask what your cue repair man used for the ferrule? I always ask the customer what they want on their shaft before I even put the shaft in the lathe.

Mezz
- ACE 180
- CP13SW-MD
- Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#130)
samiun
AzB Silver Member
samiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo H. View Post
^ If my memory works I believe that Mezz uses standard 1" ferrules (25.4mm) on the WX700 and HP2 shafts. I'm sure someone who owns a wx700 can verify but thats what i recall the ferrule being

Did you ask what your cue repair man used for the ferrule? I always ask the customer what they want on their shaft before I even put the shaft in the lathe.
Thank you, sir.
Yes, I did ask about the availability of the nx ferrule before, and he stated that it is available. I'm just curious because it's to white for a mezz ferrule and the cue repair man also has some issue in the past. After all he is the only person that closest to my location even we are in different province (also island), so I don't have any choice because the shipping itself are 4x the cost of the ferrule.

Playing Cue: Mezz Axi w/ ExPro, Maycarella Custom Cue
Break Cue: Maycarella BlackBreaker, H-Nung D'Cue
Jump Cue: Maycarella, Predator Air 1st Gen
Case: 3x5 Mezz JPC Hardcase, 4x8 Maycarella Softcase,

Old
  (#131)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 04:19 AM

WX700 ferrule length is 22mm, pretty long by todays standards.
NX material is not avaialable in rod form, Mezz sells them specialy made for whatever Mezz shaft you own. They are predrilled and tapped.
If you have problems with getting NX ferrules, you can use Hydex 202, it`s fairly similar.
I have used Juma and Tomahawk with good results too.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#132)
rene
AzB Silver Member
rene is on a distinguished road

03-08-2017, 12:12 AM

I just bought ExPro shaft united and i think that Zan S Plus tip on that shaft is too slow.If you think the same which tip should i try ?

Old
  (#133)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

03-08-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rene View Post
I just bought ExPro shaft united and i think that Zan S Plus tip on that shaft is too slow.If you think the same which tip should i try ?
Too slow, what do you mean by that?
You decide the speed, I would give myself atleast 5-10 hours to adjust to your new shaft.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#134)
sprben83
AzB Silver Member
sprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond reputesprben83 has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rene View Post
I think he means too dead compared to the kamui tips on the others. I have to agree with him I didn't like the ex pro when I first received it because I wasn't used to the tip. To the OP, I'm sure if u put the tip that you're accustomed to using everything will feel normal to u

Old
  (#135)
rene
AzB Silver Member
rene is on a distinguished road

03-12-2017, 12:49 PM

Maybe you"'rė right.Im used to Moori Medium but i see that Moori have a problem with delamination . Maybe i will try Zan Medium

Page 9 of 14 « First 789 1011 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: