Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Climate Change is really Stupid Mongering
Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-19-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
Climate change is a fresh take on the "World is Ending" skit. So far climate change has been extremely effective in gathering tax dollars and killing fossil fuel based industries.

Cults and civilizations fall for that throughout history.

Yes the world is ending, the only way to save it is:

1) following a religious order
2) jihad
3) taxing it
4) living off the grid
5) being on the good list during judgement day
6) repenting your sins
7) return to god
8) reincarnate and do things right
9) live a life that should be rewarded not punished
10) Stonehenge, mass suicide site? Who was the King Goof that got center spot?
11) One child policy
12) Move out of town
13) Suicide
Do you reside in a mental facility?

Old
  (#62)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Please... EVERYONE... Please THINK! About what was just said about DARWIN!
That he feared for his life and career, and to his credit, pushed through to publish one of the greatest scientific works of all time, knowing he could be ruined (or killed) by the Church at any time?

Realistically, the only reason the Church didn't take strong action against him, was because his work was so conclusive, as to be nigh unassailable. Even the Christian intellectuals had to admit he was on to something.

Old
  (#63)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
That he feared for his life and career, and to his credit, pushed through to publish one of the greatest scientific works of all time, knowing he could be ruined (or killed) by the Church at any time?

Realistically, the only reason the Church didn't take strong action against him, was because his work was so conclusive, as to be nigh unassailable. Even the Christian intellectuals had to admit he was on to something.
Sorry, but that is nonsense.

Darwin did not fear for his life, he just took years to publish most of his work.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#64)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:

There is probably no one in ALL of the History of this Planet who tells more falsehoods than you... other than satan.

There is NO SCEINCE in Evolution regarding Mankind.

It was JUST an '"idea" that popped into a man's head. There was no scientific basis for it & there has been nothing of science to ever come that might support it. It's Bogus.

The author of it has said that the complexity of the Human Eye alone is beyond the realm of natural selection(Evolution)

In other words,

_

Old
  (#65)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Don't pat yourselves on the back too hard there, fellas. I seem to remember there was something about the threat of excommunication hanging over the heads of any "scientist" who suggested anything that directly contradicted the bible creation story.

Darwin almost didn't publish "On the Origin of Species", for fear of the Catholic Church and what they might do. Crusades, anyone? Spanish Inquisition, anyone?

The Church DID actually kill people that threatened it's power, or heck, just disagreed with single passages in the bible.

Bueller? Bueller?
Apparently neither of you recognize sarcasm.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#66)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Okay.. I came here to get a sampling of ENGLISH's crazy, to see if it extends beyond religion....

But, here goes.

Seems like we all need to start watching a few more documentaries if we think global warming is not happening. Now I get the whole argument, man-made versus cyclical, I get it. But. no matter the cause, warming IS happening. The polar ice caps are shrinking more and more, and there is video proof of the negative effects it is having on the environments it affects.

One clear example. In one of David Attenborough's newer docs, "Our Planet", the film crew shows walruses resting on an island beach near Russia that is MUCH too small for the group. They are resting there because the sea ice they normally rest on, near their hunting grounds, has retracted far to the north. The walruses have to swim 100 miles from their hunting grounds, and when they finally get to land, they are exhausted, and all try to rest wherever they can find a spot.

The beach is so crowded that a lot of walruses climb an 80 meter cliff to get away from the crush and find bare land. But their eyesight is so poor out of water, that they can't navigate a path back down, and simply "sense" the walruses down below, and when they get hungry again, they move straight towards the group on the beach.

And tumble to their deaths off the cliff. Hundreds of them. And it's right there on film. The camera crew was stunned, many of them crying. These walruses have no concept of "falling", and the only reason they are in this situation is due to global warming taking away the ice that is their normal habitat.

A second example is, seal mothers having to leave their pups up on the ice as easy prey for an approaching polar bear, due to the ice freezing so late that there is no buildup of banks and snowdrifts, forcing them to raise their pups on flat, featureless ice that extends for many miles. Seals normally burrow into these banks and shelter their pups out of sight. So, on the one hand, the bears can never sneak up on adult seals, because of the flat, featureless ice being caused by late freezes, so the polar bears get the only prey they can, pups. And they have to eat a lot more pups if they can't catch an adult. Which will lead to a crash in the seal population, followed by a crash in the polar bear population.

Speaking of (brown) bears.. Many are starving due to extreme meltwater amounts flooding the rivers, raising the levels so high that the salmon runs go straight through, with no trapping of the salmon in pools that the bears can fish in.

The environment IS changing, and animal habitats ARE being destroyed. Does it really fooking matter who's responsible? Or whether ANYONE is responsible. We need to stop arguing and do what we can to fix it. And presenting a snowstorm in a specific region as "proof" that global warming is not happening is the height of idiocy. The AVERAGE temperature has went up. That doesn't mean there isn't still local fluctuations, highs/lows in the weather pattern. Open up a fooking statistics book, why don'tcha.
So you actually think that man should interfere with the natural cycle of the planet that has been occurring for billions of years because animals and humans might be inconvenienced?

99.9% of all species that have ever existed are extinct. There is a lesson in there.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#67)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
Stupid mongering, eh? So all the leading climate scientists are in kahoots to defraud Americans? The atmosphere is a very complex system that is still not fully understood, but when atmosperic CO2 has risen dramatically in just a couple hundred years, what do you think the outcome will be long term? Because when you change a system this way, there will be repercussions. The effect of such a change may not be linear at all, but may cause methane to be released from the permafrost, giving a huge boost of the greenhouse effect. I'm really surprised at how sure the scientific minded(?) people on here seem to be that they have a complete understanding of the atmosphere and all related effects, because the scientists are much more cautions, and rightfully so.

This planet has been a waterworld (almost) and a snowball in it's geological history and has had numerous mass extinction events (this era being one of them, but so far not even close to the worst). I think caution should be exercised. So do the scientists. But you guys all know better so, it's full throttle on the Humvees I guess.

Anyway, the climate may be the least of our problems, short term. Water shortages and plastic (and other) pollutions, as well as antiobiotic resistance in common diseases, may get us long before the climate does, but it certainly will accellerate the mass extinction going on. I don't really think that is anything to take lightly.
Extinction events are nothing new. In geologic time they happen quite often.
It is part of the natural process of the planet.
If the dinosaurs had not experienced an extinction event the rise of the mammals would not have occurred.
Our species would as a matter of probability would never have evolved from the ancestral animals in our lineage.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old
  (#68)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 05:08 AM

Old
  (#69)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
This would be great for a long running thread, similar to honey bunny is a joke and obama is a joke.

With campaign season around the corner, it should make for a great read.

Old
  (#70)
Sev

06-20-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
Scientists and Engineers can figure out how to cure diseases, prolong life and even travel to the Moon.

A lot of money is trying to sell me that people can't figure out how to clean pollution and climate change.

Climate change is happening. Can it be stopped or reversed? Why don't all the haters find out?

Discoveries in science are made daily. Despite what the forecasts for climate change estimate, it doesn't take into account human intelligence.

People can figure things out, if you just let them try.
Telling people that pollution can't be fixed, is like saying a cure for cancer will never exist. Its possible. Everyone is just waiting for that one person to break the problem up in to pieces that can be solved.

Climate change is a threat. People are address that threat in multiple ways. Using science to fix it, is never mentioned in the climate change arguments. I am betting on the future.
The most viable solution to the supposed threat you perceive is "Global Human Population Reduction"

Reducing the human population 92.5 percent solves all the perceived issues.

If you are not willing to address the root cause of the supposed problem. Then you are not serious about achieving a solution.

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#71)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
Reminds me of the way the West Virginia Legislature looks at West Virginia's problems.

Old
  (#72)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Do you reside in a mental facility?
LOL. what was your first clue

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#73)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
Stupid mongering, eh? So all the leading climate scientists are in kahoots to defraud Americans? The atmosphere is a very complex system that is still not fully understood, but when atmosperic CO2 has risen dramatically in just a couple hundred years, what do you think the outcome will be long term? Because when you change a system this way, there will be repercussions. The effect of such a change may not be linear at all, but may cause methane to be released from the permafrost, giving a huge boost of the greenhouse effect. I'm really surprised at how sure the scientific minded(?) people on here seem to be that they have a complete understanding of the atmosphere and all related effects, because the scientists are much more cautions, and rightfully so.

This planet has been a waterworld (almost) and a snowball in it's geological history and has had numerous mass extinction events (this era being one of them, but so far not even close to the worst). I think caution should be exercised. So do the scientists. But you guys all know better so, it's full throttle on the Humvees I guess.

Anyway, the climate may be the least of our problems, short term. Water shortages and plastic (and other) pollutions, as well as antiobiotic resistance in common diseases, may get us long before the climate does, but it certainly will accellerate the mass extinction going on. I don't really think that is anything to take lightly.
Well, it kind of makes them "relevant" again. But, again, like your last line, what's the difference. We are not allowed to protect our borders, but we are suppose to save the world?

Nobody is stopping folks from giving up their cars, planes, dishwashers, whatever? Why have they not if they believe it? I mean, what have they done. It's almost like they don't believe it by their inactions in relation to some catastrophic news, no ? If they won't take action based on these so called "experts" what the hell am I going to do ? Kick them all in the arse ?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#74)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-20-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
But, again, like your last line, what's the difference. We are not allowed to protect our borders, but we are suppose to save the world?
I agree with you! If we can't protect our friggin borders, why should we save the friggin world! What the hay!

Old
  (#75)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The most viable solution to the supposed threat you perceive is "Global Human Population Reduction"

Reducing the human population 92.5 percent solves all the perceived issues.

If you are not willing to address the root cause of the supposed problem. Then you are not serious about achieving a solution.
That is why there have been so many extinction events in Earth History.

It is totally going to be bad when its humans that are up for extinction.

Alternatively instead of ending the lives of all humans, bio engineering humans to be smaller and need less food can be a great solution.

All humans living under 4 ft tall, imagine how much space would be saved.

Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: