Old
  (#31)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-13-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
I agree 100%!

This is why I have absolutely no respect for anyone in the Senate/House (aside from Rand Paul...and maybe 1 or 2 others.....and also why i will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate again in 2020.
Which will likely put a Democrat in office. No thanks.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#32)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Whenever it comes up in conversation......I point out that both D's and R's have an
equally lousy track record in regards to increasing the National Debt.

What about you? What do you think about the circus of D candidates promising free
$hit with no plan to pay for it.......you understand what that will do to the national
debt?......don't you?
Equal? Equivalence?

Remove that from your thoughts and turn the TV off and move it out
to the trash to prevent reinfection.

Have the dims ever had a president that decreased the debt. I know
that dims think debt is equivalent to debt-free. Don't believe that we
owe it to ourselves. Any who have decreased the debt?

Extra points if you can name a Republican that did decrease the debt.

Perhaps Overview could recommend some reading. Reading for your
educations and to stop pointing out what is an error.

Last edited by Slide Rule; 08-14-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Old
  (#33)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
We're too busy hating each other and telling each other how to live to do any of that. Otherwise we would fix it.
"We" will fix nothing as long as the established members of both parties exist in congress. This is one issue that both sides apparently agree on, doing nothing about the debt. As long as we owe this debt, their path to globalism is unfettered.

Term limits.

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#34)
deadbeat
AzB Silver Member
deadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond reputedeadbeat has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
Equal? Equivalence?

The only person I remember reading about that paid off the debt was Andrew Jackson.

Old
  (#35)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
What did he expand in any large way? Serious question.

Not the federal workforce. Not the discretionary budget, iirc.

And he got the sequester put into the budget laws, so if certain spending and/or deficit levels were exceeded, a meat axe cut came down across the board on the defense and domestic spending sides, equally.

So if he did what you say, I must have missed it. Please explain.
So you forgot about the ACA? What about economic stimulus spending.....forget that too? Spending on welfare and defense was also higher than previous administrations.

Old
  (#36)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
Equal? Equivalence?

I don't watch TV....we have one in the house that the kids watch cartoons on. I'd gladly throw it in the trash.....but for different reasons than what you've indicated.

If you don't realize that Republican administrations have had a significant role in increasing the National Debt....I would suggest that you take your own advice on tossing the TV and do a little reading.

Old
  (#37)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I don't watch TV....we have one in the house that the kids watch cartoons on. I'd gladly throw it in the trash.....but for different reasons than what you've indicated.

If you don't realize that Republican administrations have had a significant role in increasing the National Debt....I would suggest that you take your own advice on tossing the TV and do a little reading.
LoL -You give it pretty good to both sides, I see! I admire the fact that you stand on principle first. Kudos to you!

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Old
  (#38)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:

LOL!

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#39)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Start a thread and I will agree with you. But, of course, the herd protected Obama then and now. Personally, they should get NO vacation time. You're running the free world and only get 4 years to put your stamp on it. I mean, take a few long weekends but back to work. Trump always said he was a workaholic... and he probably was in his younger days. He's not anymore, even if he believes he is.

But, for gosh sakes, you live in the WH, with cooks, guards, maids, drivers, etc... you don't have to lift a finger. Some would say that is a vacation

Not sure why Obama or Trump need so much time off ??
The inherited debt of the Obama nightmare continues until Congress is willing to reign in the spending. Once Obama let the trillions out of the toothpaste tube, difficult to put it back in.

Old
  (#40)
slop stroke
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableroll View Post
The inherited debt of the Obama nightmare continues until Congress is willing to reign in the spending. Once Obama let the trillions out of the toothpaste tube, difficult to put it back in.
Lol - Yeah it's Obama's fault.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Old
  (#41)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member

08-14-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
LoL -You give it pretty good to both sides, I see! I admire the fact that you stand on principle first. Kudos to you!
I've got 3 kids who will all be productive citizens one day. Eventually they will have to address the debt that my generation and the generations before me accumulated. It won't matter much to them whether an R or D was in office at the time the debt was incurred......it's going to be just as painful either way.

Old
  (#42)
slop stroke

08-14-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I've got 3 kids who will all be productive citizens one day. Eventually they will have to address the debt that my generation and the generations before me accumulated. It won't matter much to them whether an R or D was in office at the time the debt was incurred......it's going to be just as painful either way.
Me too brother. All the best!

Old
  (#43)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

08-14-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
I think you have a false equivalency working here.
Partisans always think that when they’re pointing out some wrongdoing by “the other side”.

Old
  (#44)
slop stroke

08-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M. View Post
Partisans always think that when they’re pointing out some wrongdoing by “the other side”.
I think it is obvious that there has been wrongdoing on both sides and have said so. Maybe I was not clear. I also showed why I see no equivalency in this case, with what I thought was a valid rationale. If you disagree, fine, but I made an attempt to support my position. You have not - in either post. You stated in your first contribution "in every case, one can just make the opposite point." Absolutes are "rarely" accurate and essentially unprovable (hard to prove a negative...) and again I shared why this case is an exception. And now you are implying I am a partisan who always thinks there is a false equivalency when others (you in this case) say there is an "opposite" argument to be made, ie, wrongdoings on the other side. Again not true and certainly unprovable, but you do not show support for your position.

If you have a case to make, I welcome the input; otherwise, you are just making generalizations that are based soley on your perceptions, at least as far as you have shown here.

Anyway if you disagree, so be it. The general point of my OP was to share my contempt for those conservative stalwarts who railed against Obama specifically on the National Debt, but have nothing to say while the debt grows now under better conditions under Trump. I am not complaining as much about your flippant "whataboutism" as much as I am disappointed in your unsupported response to my post in particular..

Old
  (#45)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Then, there is the however...To look at what the modern left, aka current D'rat party is "offering," seems to be the prelude to the obliteration of western culture, our founding principles, open borders, infanticide, etc. Again, no thanks.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: