Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Compassion and homeless.
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-24-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I blame Republicans nationally who don't give a crap about the poor. They've always been about the rich getting richer. Look at the praise for Koch on here. Unbelievable.
That is a ridiculous statement Thomas. Cali is a Demo state and the city of Los Angeles Mayor is a Demo. The Demo elites love money .

The liberals have made it impossible to even enforce the law much less commit people that have lost their minds. That is the liberal idea of humane treatment, just let the insane live out on the street like animals. In fact let them medicate intravenously too right out in public. What a standard that sets.

The trash and environmental degradation from these homeless camps is exponential. That's how screwed up these liberals really are, they can't handle the management of their own community and want to change the worldwide climate. They are insane.

The 9th circuit court of appeals ruled where folks can't be made to get their tents off public sidewalks. There is sh....t in the streets with the attendant communicable diseases.

A lot of neighborhoods don't want homeless shelters built in their hoods and most of those folks are liberals but they aren't insane.

The Kochs are the personification of the American dream. Thomas you dream the Venezuelan dream. I myself don't care for that dream.

Old
  (#17)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 04:54 PM

I've watched a lot of documentaries about homelessness in the US. I was surprised and shocked to discover how many formerly middle class people now have to live in tents and in their car. Even entire families with kids and all. A relative getting seriously ill is a common precursor to losing ones home..Or they lose a job and their insurance, then get ill and that's all she wrote.

Once you no longer have a permanent residence, everything becomes difficult, even getting a job, especially if you're no longer a spring chicken. I like Americans and America a lot, but your society can be quite heartless sometimes. I guess a lot of people lack empathy or even the imagination to understand what it must be like to be middle aged with no assets, possibly ill, and no prospects of a job, or if you can get a job it doesn't pay for a roof over your head. Often the people finding themselves in a situation like this have had to pay for the care of a relative. Sometimes more than one thing go wrong simultaneously in a persons life. Many of the stories I've seen start with losing the job and no longer having health insurance and the snowball starts rolling...Maybe you don't have any family to live with, or they have problems of their own. When you know how many people live from paycheck to paycheck, maybe one should not rush to judgement immidiately. It's not always drugs and mental illness. It's heartbreaking to see these people desperately putting on a brave face, when you know that their odds of making it back is close to zero.

Old
  (#18)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
I've watched a lot of documentaries about homelessness in the US. I was surprised and shocked to discover how many formerly middle class people now have to live in tents and in their car. Even entire families with kids and all. A relative getting seriously ill is a common precursor to losing ones home..Or they lose a job and their insurance, then get ill and that's all she wrote.

Once you no longer have a permanent residence, everything becomes difficult, even getting a job, especially if you're no longer a spring chicken. I like Americans and America a lot, but your society can be quite heartless sometimes. I guess a lot of people lack empathy or even the imagination to understand what it must be like to be middle aged with no assets, possibly ill, and no prospects of a job, or if you can get a job it doesn't pay for a roof over your head. Often the people finding themselves in a situation like this have had to pay for the care of a relative. Sometimes more than one thing go wrong simultaneously in a persons life. Many of the stories I've seen start with losing the job and no longer having health insurance and the snowball starts rolling...Maybe you don't have any family to live with, or they have problems of their own. When you know how many people live from paycheck to paycheck, maybe one should not rush to judgement immidiately. It's not always drugs and mental illness. It's heartbreaking to see these people desperately putting on a brave face, when you know that their odds of making it back is close to zero.
There is a massive drug epidemic in the US. Meth and Opioids.

Old
  (#19)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Governor Newsom tries to pass off responsibility of the homeless by saying "they aren't from here", "not our issue". Someone makes light of the method of determining domicile. I said it was funny - - though it shouldn't be. Should I explain the joke to you? It had nothing to do with the plight of the homeless and everything to do with spineless, worthless politicians passing the buck and having no solution other than to blame other people and places.

Your knee-jerk hatred blames it on Republicans. Not your fault or problem because you are a Democrat! This is a WE problem. This is an American problem. This is hateful and ignorant of you, but tomorrow or the next day you'll be sweet and kind. This seems to match your Jekell and Hyde personality.

BTW, I've done Pro Bono for homeless and represented them for petty crimes. Every single one of them had a substance abuse issue. Every one. I've had them show up to court drunk or high. One guy I represented had been arrested FOUR times for trespass for breaking into university buildings on cold nights. We got him in a Salvation Army supported shelter. His only responsibility was to be there before 10PM every night. He couldn't do it. His addiction to meth made him wholly irresponsible. That's OK, though - - keep those border open and let drugs into this country.

Quote:
Yeah, it's hilarious. You should try it sometime.

Old
  (#20)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's hilarious. You should try it sometime.
It's about as funny as killing full term babies!

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#21)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Governor Newsom tries to pass off responsibility of the homeless by saying "they aren't from here", "not our issue". Someone makes light of the method of determining domicile. I said it was funny - - though it shouldn't be. Should I explain the joke to you? It had nothing to do with the plight of the homeless and everything to do with spineless, worthless politicians passing the buck and having no solution other than to blame other people and places.

Your knee-jerk hatred blames it on Republicans. Not your fault or problem because you are a Democrat! This is a WE problem. This is an American problem. This is hateful and ignorant of you, but tomorrow or the next day you'll be sweet and kind. This seems to match your Jekell and Hyde personality.

BTW, I've done Pro Bono for homeless and represented them for petty crimes. Every single one of them had a substance abuse issue. Every one. I've had them show up to court drunk or high. One guy I represented had been arrested FOUR times for trespass for breaking into university buildings on cold nights. We got him in a Salvation Army supported shelter. His only responsibility was to be there before 10PM every night. He couldn't do it. His addiction to meth made him wholly irresponsible. That's OK, though - - keep those border open and let drugs into this country.
So let me make sure I have this straight. Californians with jobs and ambition are moving to Texas displacing the dregs of the state to California.

These progressive retards are reaping what they have sown.

JC

Old
  (#22)
JC
Needs Moderation

08-24-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post

People who live well within their means tend not to be middle aged and homeless.

Unfortunately this does not describe the American dream.

JC

Old
  (#23)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Your knee-jerk hatred blames it on Republicans.

BTW, I've done Pro Bono for homeless and represented them for petty crimes. .
3 comments:
1.Thanks for responding.
2. Every time I say something that someone disagrees with on here, they bring up my hatred. I don't hate anyone. Certainly not Republicans. My wife and her family are all Republicans. I love her. Love her family. I don't hate the Koch brothers but I hate their deeds. Same with West Virginia Republicans. Doing their best to trash this state.
4. I was responding strictly to your comment. I was supposed to psychically (sp?) know about your pro bono work? Good for you.

God bless each and every one of you

Last edited by tom haney; 08-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Old
  (#24)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

08-24-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
3 comments:
1.Thanks for responding.
2. Every time I say something that someone disagrees with on here, they bring up my hatred. I don't hate anyone. Certainly not Republicans. My wife and her family are all Republicans. I love her. Love her family. I don't hate the Koch brothers but I hate their deeds. Same with West Virginia Republicans. Doing their best to trash this state.
4. I was responding strictly to your comment. I was supposed to psychically (sp?) know about your pro bono work? Good for you.
I would posit you have no real knowledge of their " deeds " wtf do you know about running a business the size they do?

Alan brings up a salient point about their being plenty of blame to go around but it was not conservatives that decided that the insane had rights. It was the post modern commies.

The Kochs were very strong in reforming the criminal justice system. We will see what the effect of these policies lead to.

I lived in a hood with no standards in the 80s and 90s with out of control crime and hookers stridently selling their wares on any street corner. Where street gangs sold their produce in drive by drug markets.

Homicide and larceny were off the hook. The ACLU partnered with the violent street gangs while innocent folks were shot down on the street by the thousands.

Meanwhile back at the Malibu Colony it was a picture of serenity and good taste.

I lived through the Los Angles riot. The libertarians and the Marxists have a lot in common ( the unity of opposites ). I learned the hard way that without standards there is nothing but Helter Skelter.

You all hating on the Kochs, is funny. I used to be a Libertarian until I read a bunch of history and could see what humans really do.

Old
  (#25)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-25-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I blame Republicans nationally who don't give a crap about the poor. They've always been about the rich getting richer. Look at the praise for Koch on here. Unbelievable.
Repubs give to churches and charities more than Dims. Do you know what you spew?

I give...do you or just spew?

dumluk

Old
  (#26)
born2push
AzB Silver Member
born2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 03:15 AM

There are those who are snared by evil times. Lost job, insurance etc. But to see the wide spread drug abuse openly in the streets is unacceptable. To allow people who have mental disorders to destroy themselves with drug abuse in public is not real compassion. It may be good intentions to go easy on them in the legal system but look at the result! You cant reward reckless destructive behavior and expect people to change on thier own. We as a society give them free food and insurance and say let them alone. Some states have it right by making drug abusers pass urinalysis before they get a welfare check or other public assistance.There is no easy answer once the problem is at the level we see now in LA , Frisco, Portland and other lib strongholds. But dont continue to feed the problem and expect it to solve itself.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Old
  (#27)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post

I give...do you or just spew?
I give too. And mine's not a tax write-off. Plus, I give a lot of my time. Thanks for asking.
One of the problems with discussions on here is that when Republicans rant about Democrats they are talking about politicians and actual folks feel they are talking about them. I know I do.
The same thing happens the other way. I was talking about Republican politicians. My church is mainly Republican and they are the finest, charitable folks one would ever want to meet. The same with my wife, a life-long Republican.
Republican politicians? If you say their heart is in the right place. I remain unconvinced.

Last edited by tom haney; 08-25-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Old
  (#28)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 04:35 AM

Quote:
So you think the Dims concern for the poor goes beyond the shameless vote buying stunts? Really? Blacks were no better off post barry. The clintons certainly made lasting change in Haiti. nancy, diane, kamala and gang have really improved the situation in Cali. Chicago is the crown jewel of the dim party. You pretend to be neutral. I think you have an inner ear issue and don't realize you are about to tip over, to the left. Neither party gives a crap about the poor. One pretends to.

Old
  (#29)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

08-25-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
So you think the Dims concern for the poor goes beyond the shameless vote buying stunts? Really? Blacks were no better off post barry. The clintons certainly made lasting change in Haiti. nancy, diane, kamala and gang have really improved the situation in Cali. Chicago is the crown jewel of the dim party. You pretend to be neutral. I think you have an inner ear issue and don't realize you are about to tip over, to the left. Neither party gives a crap about the poor. One pretends to.
I keep trying to find that post where I said all that about the Democrats. Help me out, buddy!

Old
  (#30)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 05:17 AM

He was asking questions, not repeating your positions. You posted your position about Republicans in #11, so that's clear. Perhaps people that tend to vote Republican could be swayed to vote Democrat if they understood the good deeds that Democrat politicians do for the people, especially the poor.

Quote:
I keep trying to find that post where I said all that about the Democrats. Help me out, buddy!

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: