Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Dennis O v JRB $100k middle
Page 8 of 14 « First 678 910 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#106)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-13-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
I like playing that way. 300 is over my head though
I played a lot of one-hole for a while....never thought or heard of playing by the ball.
.....sounds like a great way to play.
Even at small money, a player would learn all aspects of the game quicker.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#107)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
Apparently hes pissed off they put Chris Moneymaker in the HOF.

https://twitter.com/4viffer/status/1...225201152?s=20
Thatís amazing, Chuck.....David Peat can actually spell.....

When he posted on here as Dippy Dave or The Viffer, his posts were so bad, some posters
were translating for him.
Coco couldíve gave him the last 7 at spelling....and Coco couldnít spell dawg without
using google and an English major as a coach...

Lionize your game.

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#108)
Gatz
AzB Silver Member
Gatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Thatís amazing, Chuck.....David Peat can actually spell.....

When he posted on here as Dippy Dave or The Viffer, his posts were so bad, some posters
were translating for him.
Coco couldíve gave him the last 7 at spelling....and Coco couldnít spell dawg without
using google and an English major as a coach...
Off topic, but I have to ask, is this Paul Thornley? I donít post much on here, but curiosity got too me lol.

Instagram: _dean_83

Old
  (#109)
pt109
WO double hemlock

09-13-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
Off topic, but I have to ask, is this Paul Thornley? I donít post much on here, but curiosity got too me lol.
Never heard of him....there is an English actor with that name

Lionize your game.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#110)
Gatz
AzB Silver Member
Gatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond reputeGatz has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Never heard of him....there is an English actor with that name
Lol, good one 😂

Instagram: _dean_83

Old
  (#111)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 10:08 AM

read in Roy's fb comments that Dennis won 6-4 again after being down 0-4 just FYI for those wondering

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#112)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
I like playing that way. 300 is over my head though
I don't play 1hole, it puts me to sleep. Then again, I do like to watch heated matches regardless of the game.

As for betting per ball. I've played 14.1 and all rotation games that way.

In my experience, by the ball is a lose/lose if both players are really close.

This was how my last "by the ball match went":

Game was 10 ball, magic rack, 2 and 3 on corners, all ball equal, alternate break.

Ball was worth 10$
Break and run was worth $150
3 foul was worth $150

We played for biggest part of 4 hours and it was less than $200 loss.

Can't remember how many games we played but, I do know this: if we had been playing races for the equal of $10 a ball, someone would have made a couple thousand that day because hill/hill at $10 a ball gets you "$10", that's it. On the other hand, lol a race to "x" and the winner of hill/hill game gets paid.

I agree though, by the ball, when game is even, is a good game where nobody gets hurt.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#113)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
read in Roy's fb comments that Dennis won 6-4 again after being down 0-4 just FYI for those wondering
Like most know, DO got down when and how he wanted to.

I've played him, Alex and several others that looks like their playing while laying down.

The gap is much bigger than most think.

To me, it's the "gambler vs. the worker" and in that scenario the worker wins because one is gambling, the other is working.

We all know that we get paid to "work".

DO don't gamble much. He works.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#114)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Like most know, DO got down when and how he wanted to.

I've played him, Alex and several others that looks like their playing while laying down.

The gap is much bigger than most think.

To me, it's the "gambler vs. the worker" and in that scenario the worker wins because one is gambling, the other is working.

We all know that we get paid to "work".

DO don't gamble much. He works.

Jeff
As someone who is familiar with both of their games, I disagree. They're gambling IMO.

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#115)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
This coming from the guy who cowered after I offered him the 7 out and all the breaks when he tried to high roll me!
If'n I try to high roll you, can I get that game?

Short Bus Russ

Old
  (#116)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-13-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
WOW! That is some comeback.
Or choke. I've done a lot worse.

Old
  (#117)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-13-2019, 04:30 PM

Asking for a friend: Were these sets "free grab money stream" sets? ha ha ha

Old
  (#118)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-13-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
I'm not betting on anything I cant watch
Simple enough?
I'm sure I beat you at least once in the action room

Old
  (#119)
tenfttall
AzB Silver Member
tenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
If that's how big a spot he needs, he's nobody, and even if he bet $1,000,000 he would still be nobody. Similarly, Dennis is nobody in poker.

I tried to watch Scott Frost give a guy 22-3 a few years ago at the Derby for very high stakes. About twenty minutes of it was all I could stand.

Holy SHIT! 22-3? Imma go broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#120)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I'm sure I beat you at least once in the action room
Probably more than once

Page 8 of 14 « First 678 910 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: