Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 400 Pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio Texas

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
400 Pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio Texas
Old
  (#1)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

400 Pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio Texas - 09-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO — Trappers captured a massive 400-pound feral hog on a golf course in Bexar County, highlighting the serious problems caused by feral hogs in the area.

Wyatt Walton, of Lone Star Trapping, which provides trapping services in San Antonio, says the massive animal was captured by dogs.

“We moved shop down to San Antonio in 2016,” said Walton. “Since then we’ve removed over 3,000 head of hogs.”

At the beginning of September, a new state law made it legal to hunt feral hogs in the state of Texas without a license.

It's believed there are about 2 million feral hogs across the state.

“It’s terrible,” said Cliff Porter. “It's been going on for about the last month.”

Porter's front lawn had some re-landscaping done courtesy of a few visitors just rooting around.

“My wife took some pictures this morning,” said Porter. “One of them was pretty big.”

Porter lives in a subdivision just off Culebra. and believes the feral swine are making their homes in a greenway behind his neighborhood.

He's thought about putting a fence up around his yard.

“If I put fences around here then the hogs are going to find someplace else to go,” said Porter.

The homeowner's association for Porter's neighborhood has reached out to the city.

But Animal Care Services say they don't provide traps or hog control services.

“I would just like to see the city really do something about this issue because IU don't believe this is an issue that is centrally located here<” said Porter.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/offbeat/m...tonio-property

That is one scary beast!!!

Old
  (#2)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
That is one scary beast!!!
Hey!!! Leave hillary out of this!

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#3)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Hey!!! Leave hillary out of this!
Haha!!!!!!!!

Old
  (#4)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-17-2019, 01:55 PM

You want to talk about reason to carry a weapon?

That thing would mess you up in a quick hurry.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#5)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-17-2019, 01:56 PM

I wouldn't discharge a firearm in the city limits but a compound or cross bow is far quieter than the screams the hog will emit as it runs off to die..... on someone else's lawn. No need to spend $1000s to have a feral trapped and removed...Oh how civil..... paying $1000s of dollars ....how STUPID?...

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Old
  (#6)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-17-2019, 02:14 PM

400 lbs LOL was it even fully grown

we grow em big up here in the snow.. this years winner topped 1140lbs,

my friends raised last years winner.

https://newpraguetimes.com/new-pragu...w-prague-roots

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Last edited by softshot; 09-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Old
  (#7)
Stones
YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Stones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 05:55 PM

A few years back, the state built a toll road east of San Antonio to north of Austin. Average speed limit: 80 mph.

First year, they had 11 accidents involving cars hitting hogs crossing the road after dark. I believe 8 people were killed.

My brother and I went hog hunting a couple of years ago. My bro killed one that weighed in at 468 lbs. Mine was a puny 402 lbs.

In 1976, I went on an archery hunt with some friends just outside Utopia, TX. We were hunting for mouflon sheep.

The land owner told us the ranch was being over run with hogs and if we saw any, we could shot them free of charge.

I had killed a really nice mouflon the first morning and was caping it out in camp when a pickup truck pulled into camp with a couple of my friends whooping and hollering.. I glanced over and saw a hog's legs hanging about two feet off the back of the tailgate.

I walked over to take a peek and my jaw dropped open. With its legs hanging off the back of the tailgate, its nose was slammed up against the back of the cab.

Biggest dam hog I've seen to this day. Weighed a little over 1100 lbs!

The guy that shot it said he and his partner were tracking some mouflon when the hog walked out of the brush twelve yards in front of them.

When he thumped it , the hog trotted about twenty yards and collapsed. He and his partner dragged it down the side of the mountain and went and got six ranch workers to help load it in the bed of the truck.

He gave us all meat off and on for the next few months. Surprisingly, the meat was really good!

Stones

"A friend will help you move but a good friend will help you move the body."

"My girlfriend doesn't care what I do when I'm away at the poolroom, as long as I don't have a good time."

"Welcome to all Pool Players, Railbirds and Other Liars."

…the old Lakota was wise. He knew that a man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too. So he kept his children close to nature’s softening influence.

Last edited by Stones; 09-17-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Stones
YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Stones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 06:13 PM

A few years back, the state built a toll road east of San Antonio to north of Austin. Average speed limit: 80 mph.

First year, they had 11 accidents involving cars hitting hogs crossing the road after dark. I believe 8 people were killed.

My brother and I went hog hunting a couple of years ago. My bro killed one that weighed in at 468 lbs. Mine was a puny 402 lbs.

In 1976, I went on an archery hunt with some friends just outside Utopia, TX. We were hunting for mouflon sheep.

The land owner told us the ranch was being over run with hogs and if we saw any, we could shot them free of charge.

I had killed a really nice mouflon the first morning and was caping it out in camp when a pickup truck pulled into camp with a couple of my friends whooping and hollering.. I glanced over and saw a hog's legs hanging about two feet off the back of the tailgate.

I walked over to take a peek and my jaw dropped open. With its legs hanging off the back of the tailgate, its nose was slammed up against the back of the cab.

The guy that shot said him and his partner were tracking some mouflon when the hog walked out of the brush twelve yards in front of them.

When he thumped it , the hog trotted about twenty yards and collapsed. He and his partner drug it down the side of the mountain and went and got six ranch workers to help load it in the bed of the truck.

He gave us all meat off and on for the next few months. Surprisingly, the meat was really good!

Stones

"A friend will help you move but a good friend will help you move the body."

"My girlfriend doesn't care what I do when I'm away at the poolroom, as long as I don't have a good time."

"Welcome to all Pool Players, Railbirds and Other Liars."

…the old Lakota was wise. He knew that a man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too. So he kept his children close to nature’s softening influence.

Old
  (#9)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post

The guy that shot said him and his partner were tracking some mouflon when the hog walked out of the brush twelve yards in front of them.

When he thumped it , the hog trotted about twenty yards and collapsed. He and his partner drug it down the side of the mountain and went and got six ranch workers to help load it in the bed of the truck.

Stones
Great story

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 04:38 AM

How was the bacon?

Old
  (#11)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 11:29 PM

This is a Hog? Whatever it really is, this is the animal everyone's talking about.
(we live in a scary place)
Attached Images

Old
  (#12)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member

09-19-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post

Stones
Nice to see you are still on here!!

That is quite a story. Sounds like HWY 130! I almost got one out there myself screwing around in my Mustang! I was going about 100 at the time too! Thank goodness for ABS, sticky tires and big brakes!! They are your friends!!!

There are plenty of kills bigger than the one in the story but not too many uglier

Old
  (#13)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member

09-19-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
This is a Hog? Whatever it really is, this is the animal everyone's talking about.
(we live in a scary place)
Beastly ain't it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: