Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Will someone answer my questions?
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Will someone answer my questions?
Old
  (#1)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Will someone answer my questions? - 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM

overrated overlord is ducking me.. refusing to answer.. so I'll open it up to all of you

who has the guts to honestly answer these questions?

Do you believe that constant never ending economic growth is sustainable?

Do you believe the people working to create that growth do NOT deserve a fair slice of the Pie?

Do you believe that an ever shrinking elitist class with unimaginable wealth control more and more while working people get less and less per year compared to the growth they create?

Do you think this is just?

Do you believe in cleaning up your messes?

Do you believe your ability to shoot someone is more important than their ability to receive medical care for their wounds?

Do you know of Theodore Roosevelt?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Old
  (#2)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

09-17-2019, 02:24 PM

no.

TRUMP 2020

Bigotry by Pangit 2019 that should never be forgotten.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499879

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#3)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-17-2019, 02:47 PM

You finally figured out how the world works. Now how about shutting it and get on with your life.

Old
  (#4)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 02:48 PM

Let's start with one through three.

1. Folks that manage the public employee union's funds believe in economic growth. Without growth their members will not be able to retire.

2. Depends what fair means. If you want to work at McDonalds for the rest of your life and make a great salary, then no I don't.

3. I now Softy you are a low information guy in the historical department but the facts are that in a prior age the rich were much richer. John D. Rockefeller was at least adjusted for inflation about 5 times richer than Jeff Bezos. This is just one example there are a plethora of others. John D. was the low cost provider of energy. He fueled what became a commercial giant. What politician ever built a company like Standard Oil?

Keep in mind that even when TR was trust busting, the US worker had the highest standard of living in the world. The commies love to compare nation states and empires to straw cultures that never existed.

TR took power from the industrialists and put into the Military Industrial Complex. In the end it did nothing to really hurt industrialists. TR was a blow hard war monger with no understanding of modern war. President McKinley tried to tell him the facts as he had been in big battles of the Civil War. TR ignored him. TR loved wars. FDR was for every war that the US could possibly be involved in.

World War One was an event that the West never really recovered from. TR lost his son Quintin in the war and was devastated.

The war did not make the world safe for democracy but unleashed upon the world the forces of communism and fascism. American entry into the war was a catastrophe.

All the monies and credit that were extended to the Entente powers were never repaid. The US even had to bail out the German banks in the 20s.

All kinds of legislation was put in place to keep America out of foreign wars in the form of the " Neutrality Acts " which FDR unwound. FDR ran on a peace ticket in the 1940 race for the presidency. He went on and on about how he hated war while all the while he loved and lived in the universe of Mars.

A little more than just a response to the first three but you have to get the whole picture. If you don't understand war you can't get anything politically.

Old
  (#5)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post

1. Folks that manage the public employee union's funds believe in economic growth. Without growth their members will not be able to retire.

2. Depends what fair means. If you want to work at McDonalds for the rest of your life and make a great salary, then no I don't.

3. I now Softy you are a low information guy in the historical department but the facts are that in a prior age the rich were much richer. John D. Rockefeller was at least adjusted for inflation about 5 times richer than Jeff Bezos. This is just one example there are a plethora of others. John D. was the low cost provider of energy. He fueled what became a commercial giant. What politician ever built a company like Standard Oil?

Keep in mind that even when TR was trust busting, the US worker had the highest standard of living in the world. The commies love to compare nation states and empires to straw cultures that never existed.

TR took power from the industrialists and put into the Military Industrial Complex. In the end it did nothing to really hurt industrialists. TR was a blow hard war monger with no understanding of modern war. President McKinley tried to tell him the facts as he had been in big battles of the Civil War. TR ignored him. TR loved wars. FDR was for every war that the US could possibly be involved in.

World War One was an event that the West never really recovered from. TR lost his son Quintin in the war and was devastated.

The war did not make the world safe for democracy but unleashed upon the world the forces of communism and fascism. American entry into the war was a catastrophe.

All the monies and credit that were extended to the Entente powers were never repaid. The US even had to bail out the German banks in the 20s.

All kinds of legislation was put in place to keep America out of foreign wars in the form of the " Neutrality Acts " which FDR unwound. FDR ran on a peace ticket in the 1940 race for the presidency. He went on and on about how he hated war while all the while he loved and lived in the universe of Mars.

A little more than just a response to the first three but you have to get the whole picture. If you don't understand war you can't get anything politically.
WWI was happening with or without the US...as was WWII... imagine the results had we not intervened in either case... TR did not unleash communism nor Fascism upon the world to claim he did shows your lack of knowledge OR your lack of integrity one of the two...

answer the rest....

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Old
  (#6)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

In a former life I had to write executive summaries - which were limited to 15 lines, 12 font, 1 inch margins, with a prescribed first and last line...so really 13 lines. I remember writing one that affected policy Army-wide and had wide-ranging considerations...but I still had only 13 lines. You're very knowledgeable, we all get that, but what frustrates some of us at times (me too when we've had discussions) is not narrowing down your info to the subject at hand.

Old
  (#7)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softshot View Post
WWI was happening with or without the US...as was WWII... imagine the results had we not intervened in either case... TR did not unleash communism nor Fascism upon the world to claim he did shows your lack of knowledge OR your lack of integrity one of the two...

answer the rest....
I don't know why I waste my time. Your ignorance is manifest. I would bet you have zero understanding of World War One.

Old
  (#8)
softshot
Simplify

09-17-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I don't know why I waste my time. Your ignorance is manifest. I would bet you have zero understanding of World War One.
you would be wrong..

why can't you stick to the topic at hand... I'll give you credit for starting... just answer all the questions.. and then we'll get into details

Old
  (#9)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

09-17-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
In a former life I had to write executive summaries - which were limited to 15 lines, 12 font, 1 inch margins, with a prescribed first and last line...so really 13 lines. I remember writing one that affected policy Army-wide and had wide-ranging considerations...but I still had only 13 lines. You're very knowledgeable, we all get that, but what frustrates some of us at times (me too when we've had discussions) is not narrowing down your info to the subject at hand.

UGOT: I was not writing an executive summary. I have never served in the military. My overarching point was, that without an understanding of war, one can't really comprehend the political situation.

Historically, it's very hard to isolate phenomena it's all interconnected. I am getting tired of paying for the same ground over and over again.

There is a lot of emotion and hysteria centered around war. On a visceral level I've always been attracted to war but on the intellectual level I see the folly.

It's a condition that is hard to reconcile. In my short life on this planet, I've generally frustrated a great many people.

Old
  (#10)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

09-17-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
you would be wrong..

why can't you stick to the topic at hand... I'll give you credit for starting... just answer all the questions.. and then we'll get into details
OK, champ name one book you've actually read on the subject? Notice out of the questions on your list I answered, you had no rebuttal.

I thought your questions had so much value. Son, you have a very loose grasp on the past. Most people do, it's a large subject.

I often ask folks what forms their opinions. I get the feeling that media forms yours.

When you casually dismiss the horrors of the French and Russian revolutions without any disclaimers is speaks to me that you don't really understand what happened.

Yes Russia was despotic but the Bolsheviks were far worse. In the French Revolution the blood ran in rivers and it was only Napoleon and his interminable wars that united the French people.

Old
  (#11)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
UGOT: I was not writing an executive summary. I have never served in the military. My overarching point was, that without an understanding of war, one can't really comprehend the political situation.

Historically, it's very hard to isolate phenomena it's all interconnected. I am getting tired of paying for the same ground over and over again.

There is a lot of emotion and hysteria centered around war. On a visceral level I've always been attracted to war but on the intellectual level I see the folly.

It's a condition that is hard to reconcile. In my short life on this planet, I've generally frustrated a great many people.
I get it. It was an example of getting info down to the point, or as a boss once said, making your info "read-worthy." Too many words and/or wandering off and people won't get your posts...which would be a shame because you contribute good info and perspective. It's sort of like Sofia's posts - I just skim on by his typical yada yada tomes unless something stands out as really ridiculous, which seems to be a lot these days...TDS is a terrible thing.

Old
  (#12)
softshot
Simplify

09-17-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
OK, champ name one book you've actually read on the subject? Notice out of the questions on your list I answered, you had no rebuttal.

I thought your questions had so much value. Son, you have a very loose grasp on the past. Most people do, it's a large subject.

I often ask folks what forms their opinions. I get the feeling that media forms yours.

When you casually dismiss the horrors of the French and Russian revolutions without any disclaimers is speaks to me that you don't really understand what happened.

Yes Russia was despotic but the Bolsheviks were far worse. In the French Revolution the blood ran in rivers and it was only Napoleon and his interminable wars that united the French people.
and you fail to see the common thread among ALL of them....and how the American compromise can survive where others failed

answer the questions they are not difficult questions all of them are a straight up yes or no.

Old
  (#13)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

09-17-2019, 03:42 PM

Yeah, everybody else just did it wrong...I think over a hundred million dead if they could would have some thoughts about that.

Old
  (#14)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

09-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Hey Softshot - I'll buy you a raft if you sail off to Cuba.

Nope....
Old
  (#15)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

Nope.... - 09-17-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
overrated overlord is ducking me.. refusing to answer.. so I'll open it up to all of you

who has the guts to honestly answer these questions?

Do you believe that constant never ending economic growth is sustainable?

Do you believe the people working to create that growth do NOT deserve a fair slice of the Pie?

Do you believe that an ever shrinking elitist class with unimaginable wealth control more and more while working people get less and less per year compared to the growth they create?

Do you think this is just?

Do you believe in cleaning up your messes?

Do you believe your ability to shoot someone is more important than their ability to receive medical care for their wounds?

Do you know of Theodore Roosevelt?
Workers don't deserve anything other than what their contact agreement gives them period. They didn't build the business or take the risk. All they did was do a job that they were paid to do. They built nothing.

It's funny because often in modern corporations the CEO isn't anything more than a worker for the company either. Here just had a better contact because he or she has sacrificed to show they are worth more.

Jaden

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: