Reload this Page Against the vulgarity and filthy language
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Against the vulgarity and filthy language
Old
  (#1)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Against the vulgarity and filthy language - 01-27-2018, 06:45 AM

I have been shocked by the very filthy ,nasty language
that is occurring in the threads lately

i have been around the pool rooms for years,but it seems that
the depravity is gushing forth like i have never seen

it is enough to make a pirate blush,in my opinion
it exposes a mind of inferior abilities trying to impress us with a hammer blow as an appeal to reason

I am afraid to leave my computer on AZ when my wife or grandchildren enter
the room.

No doubt not a few of these vulgar types will take advantage of this request to try and shock me with their vulgar spewings

It appears we have cast off restraint and fear neither GOD or man

I make an appeal to the moderators to act to abolish this offensive
language in print while there is still time

Dean

Old
  (#2)
jalapus logan
pool shooter
jalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-27-2018, 06:49 AM

Dean, alas, I fear we are witnessing general societal decline, aided and abetted by technology. People will say things on the internet that one would never consider saying to a person's face. Civility is going the way of the dodo I'm afraid.

Old
  (#3)
railbird25
AzB Silver Member
railbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird25 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050
  Send a message via Yahoo to railbird25  
01-27-2018, 06:58 AM

You know I had the same thoughts as I was watching the action room stream with 2 young kids playing a set and hearing f-bombs in the background every other breath. One of the several reasons we can't grow pool, the 2 young men weren't dropping the bombs by the way. I know it goes on everywhere and I slip up myself sometimes but it's not televised for the world to see in a sport that needs all the help it can get.

Old
  (#4)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-27-2018, 07:09 AM

Carom player's are 100 percent the opposite
Always gentlemanlike, always having fun, even with the person they are playing with

Carom isn't a battle like pool player's make thier games out to be
It's more about what can you do at the table

To hell with pool, it's toxic culture and ever increasingly quick easy games

Old
  (#5)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post

it exposes a mind of inferior abilities trying to impress us with a hammer blow as an appeal to reason

the room.

No doubt not a few of these vulgar types will take advantage of this request to try and shock me with their vulgar spewings

Dean
Please go home and do not return again.

PS,
Here's a vulgar smilie for you:

Old
  (#6)
easy-e
AzB Silver Member
easy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-27-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
Carom player's are 100 percent the opposite
Always gentlemanlike, always having fun, even with the person they are playing with

Carom isn't a battle like pool player's make thier games out to be
It's more about what can you do at the table

To hell with pool, it's toxic culture and ever increasingly quick easy games
Iíve found a few people who I really enjoy playing pool with. Other than them, youíre absolutely right. Pretty bad culture.

Old
  (#7)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-27-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Please go home and do not return again.

PS,
Here's a vulgar smilie for you:

How 'bout dat?

You found it funny to be really rude to one of the nicest guys on the planet.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#8)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 07:46 AM

I will admit I can, and do cuss too much. I rarely do in posts online, but I do in person depending on the setting. Good reminder that there is always someone else listening.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Old
  (#9)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-27-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post

the room.

Dean
You are correct.
Now I'm no prude I'm 70 years old and an ex combat Marine.
I've heard it all.
Back in the old days bad language was certainly used but it was somewhat tempered as to where you where and who was present.
The first pool room I hung out in was the early 60's no cursing allowed,it would get you thrown out.
Today i hear people use the F word every other word as they speak.Men and women.
And I've probably been guilty of this in some of my posts.
Dean welcome to 2018.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#10)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 07:51 AM

I haven't seen any of this and thought it was filtered here anyway. That being the case, or so I thought, I haven't bothered to use my extensive list of curse words in posts. I seldom spend much time here anymore, sadly. AZ ain't what it used to be.

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldhxbl..._Game.pdf/file

Old
  (#11)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
01-27-2018, 08:05 AM

Dean,

Some of the foulest language I've heard was blasted forth from the mouths of the supposed fairer sex. Try very hard not to swear whether in mixed company or with my male friends. Guess like you I come from an earlier and more polite generation.

I remember when comics could make me laugh without the use of a single foul word. Today our society seems to relish in how dirty the comics can be. Guess we have lost the ability to communicate with one another in a civil manner. Whether in person or electronically.

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#12)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 01-27-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post

I remember when comics could make me laugh without the use of a single foul word.

Lyn
Yes Stephen wright
Mitch hedberg are a few of my favs

Old
  (#13)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 08:13 AM

-------------------:

"It is almost impossible to free fools from the chains they revere."

Last edited by Low500; 05-03-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Old
  (#14)
HUKIT
F* ks Given...Zero
HUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 08:17 AM

Some people will have you believe that swearing is a sign of low intelligence and poor vocabulary. Admittedly people whose every other word is a curse word sound like idiots. Apart from that, I donít buy the idea that if you swear, youíre stupid and have a limited vocabulary. Some of the brightest people I know are the worst culprits. In fact, swearing is dealt with by a totally different region of the brain to language, with scientists arguing that swearing is tied to emotion and instinct, not intelligence.

Swear words add a new depth of meaning to a sentence it might otherwise have lacked. I guess the point Iím trying to make it depends on the text and or meaning the swear word was used. If it was meant as a derogatory remark directly towards someone I would agree thatís uncalled for but if itís meant to describe a feeling or an emotion I donít have a problem with that. Big difference in telling someone F-you as opposed to I was so F-ing angry, at least thatís my opinion.

We all make choices, but in the end our cocks make us.

Old
  (#15)
mrshifty
AzB Bronze Member
mrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond reputemrshifty has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 08:23 AM

I agree. There were a couple of posts in the action room thread during the spot shot match that were out of line. If you don't like the match, simply say so and move on. You don't have to go into detail of all the things you find more enjoyable.

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: