TAD Blue/Yellow Feathers
Old
  (#1)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

TAD Blue/Yellow Feathers - 09-16-2019, 01:02 PM

Hello Guys..
A long time ago, I was attracted, and loved TAD Cues with these Blue and Yellow Feather Strips.
I used to count the pieces, thinking they were all "Inlays"..
Years ago, these wood trim strips were taken off the catlog of a wood and craft supplier.
I assume the maker has discontinued making them.
I did buy all I could. ... Just in case..

I thought I'd bettter make use of the strips, so,
here is a Crown Cap with the TAD Feathers..
The Feather Strips are sitting in an Ebony "Trough", so, it is not as brittle, like if it was just a thin box/frame..

The blues are just as brilliant as the cue's blues.
The TAD cue in the Gallery Presentation is from the internet, and, is of different TAD cues.
I just needed an example of the TAD Cue to display with the Cue Caps..

Thanks for viewing..
Alton
Attached Images

Last edited by CueCaps; 09-18-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Old
  (#2)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

09-17-2019, 04:20 PM

Outstanding!! Love those feathers.

Chris Davis

If you're gonna sell cues, buy a scale and calipers.

Main players: 1930's Gilbert Titlist, Custom Olneys. Piloted joints for me.
Play shafts: Cash Cues ferrule-less and OB Classic
Break: X Breaker & Gilbert JB - both w/ OB Break shafts
Jump: Lomax

Old
  (#3)
TommyT
Obsessed
TommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-17-2019, 04:55 PM

Your a genius...the billiard world is lucky to have you and thanks for demonstrating what can be done with vision and talent.

MOP Slotted Diamonds
Old
  (#4)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

MOP Slotted Diamonds - 09-18-2019, 04:31 PM

Thanks Chris and Tommy.
Time goes by really fast when doing this kind stuff.
I don't run my CNC (Feed Rate) as fast as the You Tube CNC Videos.
I am not in "Production"..
I'm old Fashion.. To me, CNC has no "Feel".
You ain't got feel unless you "Hand fed an Inturupted Cut".. - Alton Takata

Since I'm here..
I needed small slotted Diamonds, but, the smallest I could buy was 11 mm.
I had these Old plain/Blank MOP Diamonds, bought long ago.
Use them to make these small Slotted Diamonds..
What a useless life I have , yea..
These MOP material is really abrasive.
I use water for a cleaner cut. Messy, though..

Here's an Ebony Feather Cue Case Tag.. Made this a long time ago.
They are just Guitar Trim Banding.
Back is Blank for Name/I.D.
Needs slot for tying Cord too.

Thanks for viewing..
Alton
Attached Images

Old
  (#5)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-18-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post
Hello Guys..
A long time ago, I was attracted, and loved TAD Cues with these Blue and Yellow Feather Strips.
I used to count the pieces, thinking they were all "Inlays"..
Years ago, these wood trim strips were taken off the catlog of a wood and craft supplier.
I assume the maker has discontinued making them.
I did buy all I could. ... Just in case..

I thought I'd bettter make use of the strips, so,
here is a Crown Cap with the TAD Feathers..
The Feather Strips are sitting in an Ebony "Trough", so, it is not as brittle, like if it was just a thin box/frame..

The blues are just as brilliant as the cue's blues.
The TAD cue in the Gallery Presentation is from the internet, and, is of different TAD cues.
I just needed an example of the TAD Cue to display with the Cue Caps..

Thanks for viewing..
Alton
Alton,
I absolutely love this cap, and see it as one of the very best you have ever done.
Stunning!
Will Prout

Bridged Veneers
Old
  (#6)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

Bridged Veneers - 09-20-2019, 09:28 AM

Thanks Will..
Thank You all, for viewing..

On the Cue Cap Body, I'm not sure what the name of this Veneer pattern /shape is. Not exactly an " Undulating Column".
but, a continuous line that these connected veneers form..

Machining this continuous veneer line/pattern, can be done in the "Y axis substitution" using "Linear measurments", or, the standard A axis "run", using Degrees..
It was easier to use Degrees, as, the numerical values are much easier to contend with..

Because the bottom of the Bridged Veneer "slots" are curved, it is better to make the "Bridge" in A axis segments. and, the dimentions/degrees for the shape,
is the same as the values of the Body's Veneer Toolpath.
Also, the Bridge and the Vertical Veneer slot intersects at an angle, so, the Veneer Bridge segment should "wedge" right in with the Vertical Veneer strip.

This method can also be used to put rings on Full Spliced Blanks.
Just do the correct calculations so the ring segments unseamly meets together

Thanks for viewing
Alton

Reply to post below:

Thanks Scruffy594 and SnookerT
Attached Images

Last edited by CueCaps; 09-21-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Old
  (#7)
scruffy594
AzB Bronze Member
scruffy594 is on a distinguished road

09-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Alton, your work is always something I follow. I can't wait to see what you do next. Keep up the awesome work.

Old
  (#8)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 12:23 PM

I wish I had some cup caps from you sir(although, I would need a cue worthy of your work in the first place, lol). Some of the coolest work I have seen since being on this site.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: