The Billiard Club Mobile Alabama Monthly $5000 GUARANTEED 9 Ball Tournament

jbogard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Billiard Club - Mobile Alabama monthly $5000.00 Guaranteed Jerry Brock – Scotty Townsend Open 9 ball Bar Table Tournament Starting Saturday May 1st. Double Elimination, winner breaks, texas express rules, race to 7 winners side, race to 5 losers side. Player auction starting at 1pm, tournament starting right after. $35.00 entry fee. Tournament will be played on 13 Valley Bar Tables at 50 cents. We will open at 11am for registration and will be open 24 hours for the tournament. Mini tournaments friday night. Must be 21 years of age to enter with a valid id. We have plenty of room (8k sq ft) fully stocked bar, 12" digiorno pizzas, mini french bread pizzas cheese burgers we also have 4 - 4 1/2 x 9 diamonds, 3 - 4 1/2 x 9 cold crowns. We are 10 minutes from i-10 at 4130 Government Blvd Mobile, Al 36693. Phone - 251-447-2132 ask for Joe or Bear after 2pm. If anyone would like for me to email them a flyer email me at jbogard@live.com tournament will be held the 1st Saturday of every month. Call early to secure your spot.

Here are the results from this past weekend.

1st Jonathon Hennessy – Tourney $2000.00 – Calcutta - $3000.00
2nd John Schmidt – Tourney $1250.00 – Calcutta - $1800
3rd Benny Conway – Tourney $750.00 – Calcutta - $1100.00
4th Jay Bird – Tourney $500.00 – Calcutta $750.00
5th Mike Black - Tourney $250.00 - Calcutta $350.00
6th Jerry Brock – Tourney $250.00 – Calcutta $350.00

We had 98 players and we expect to have a waiting list for the next one.

Also, this will be a 2 day event from now on.

We would like to thank everyone that played and come just to watch.

Attachments

• The Billiard Club Monthly Saturday Tournament.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,955
  • DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00500.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DSC00503.JPG
    DSC00503.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,263
  • DSC00493.JPG
    DSC00493.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,294
Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
OK Bear.

I'm going to get Buffalo to stake me. Bringing easy money with me.

JoeyA

jbogard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Billiard Club - Mobile, Alabama $5000.00 GUARANTEED Monthly 9 Ball Tournament

Awesome..........!!!!!

nictate23

Always Looking for Action
Silver Member
How Big

HOw big is the feild 128? How many days? What kind of que balls will be used?:cool:

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
TBC Tourny

Joe told me the other night, that they were gonna try and run the tourny in one day, if possible. The tables currently have Aramith Green logo cueballs, I assume they will use those for the tournament.

jbogard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As cycopath said we will limit the tournament to 128 players, the cue balls are Aramith green logo and we will try to run it in one day. Also, 11 of the 13 bar boxes we have has Mali Vestra cloth on them (2 with Simonis 860) the ones with the Mali cloth are actually faster than the 2 with Simonis and to me play better.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
is it a heavy cue ball?

Just curious, if you don't mind me asking. What things help you play more consistently with a heavy cue ball?

I've always had trouble playing on small tables with heavy cue balls. On a simple half ball hit, drawing the cue ball with side spin and a little power/speed, I turn a simple shot into a terrible mistake quite often.

JoeyA

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
Just curious, if you don't mind me asking. What things help you play more consistently with a heavy cue ball?

I've always had trouble playing on small tables with heavy cue balls. On a simple half ball hit, drawing the cue ball with side spin and a little power/speed, I turn a simple shot into a terrible mistake quite often.

JoeyA

Hey Joey I dont know if you are asking me, but I would be the last person to ask.
I have maybe played 10 times on a bar table in my life and have no idea how to use a heavy cue ball.

nictate23

Always Looking for Action
Silver Member
Heavy cue ball

The green aramith cue balls are a little heavy but not over sized. I agree with joey because they do change your shot. Their not my favorite cue ball like the red circle but they are alot better than most. They do draw and roll fairly well. Because the valleys are coin-ops is probably why they are using them.

jbogard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cloth we have on 11 of the 13 bar tables are Mali Vestra and they are faster than the 2 that we have Simonis. They draw very well don't worry, if any you guys are going to white diamond this weekend ask Cliff and he can tell you first hand how they play. Also, we have brand new sets of Arimith Balls that will be used for tournament play only.

There is One Pocket Action on Pro Cut Diamond Tables here Daily!!!

You can call us and secure your spot with credit card as well.

Last edited: