Most racks ever run on a Valley bar box

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, he said he didn't care if I posted that one way or the other......probably figured there would be a ton of idiots mouthing off - I knew better also(but I'm stupid) He also said he ran 18 (8ball) on a 9'.

Why don't you come on down to Fl and play the man some $10,000 entry should be a good start. Or is that too small?
Never seen a cobra run so fast.

These boys just flap their gums alot....won't bet a dollar. I never had that problem

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I just figure if you have the balls to call somebody a liar in front of their peers(about their playing ability), with all your experience, you should have the balls to get in the box with them.
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are looking at the average runout percentage which has nothing to do with statistical varience that actually exists in the game or the fact 8 ball on a Valley can produce many elementary runouts....it's not just a simple calculation of the likelihood of a 51 percent chance over x times. Many many people have broke and run over 10 racks of 8 ball on a 7 foot valley...hundreds I'm sure. Just cause you haven't speaks to your skill level or the number of hours, I mean years you've been playing.

You didn't do very well in math in school did you. That 51% B&R average is in observation of some oof the best players on the planet....I don't care how MUCH a league player practices on a pool table....runs like you're claiming can only be produced by the best in the world....and they're NOT doing it, period!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would believe D Searing over any of you clowns on here. They averaged 51% in this little tournament, you think nobody has EVER averaged higher? - the stupidity on here is astounding!

Btw, there's only been a few mentions of running over 10. I'm not a player and have run 7 three different times 9 ball 9' twice 7' once. Hook me up to a lie detector and empty your pockets.

I believe seeing is believing, I'm not from Missouri, but what's that saying...LOL

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yeah, he said he didn't care if I posted that one way or the other......probably figured there would be a ton of idiots mouthing off - I knew better also(but I'm stupid) He also said he ran 18 (8ball) on a 9'.

Why don't you come on down to Fl and play the man some $10,000 entry should be a good start. Or is that too small?

Sure thing, be there next week if the bet is an 18 pack run:rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I just figure if you have the balls to call somebody a liar in front of their peers(about their playing ability), with all your experience, you should have the balls to get in the box with them.
Jason

So....you nut hugging or what:thumbup:

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didn't do very well in math in school did you. That 51% B&R average is in observation of some oof the best players on the planet....I don't care how MUCH a league player practices on a pool table....runs like you're claiming can only be produced by the best in the world....and they're NOT doing it, period!

You got no clue....I hardly ever play bar box. Cause it's a child's toy. Running 10 in 8 ball is sonething lots of guys have done. The best in the world don't play winner break 8 ball on a barbox much...this thread can go 97 pages...you are wrong...as usual

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got no clue....I hardly ever play bar box. Cause it's a child's toy. Running 10 in 8 ball is sonething lots of guys have done. The best in the world don't play winner break 8 ball on a barbox much...this thread can go 97 pages...you are wrong...as usual

Not sure if this will help or hurt your argument lol but I really hate 8 ball and almost NEVER played it but I've ran a 4 on a Valley and did not break the 5th rack and I AM FAR from a top player in the world.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

If I'm wrong, then it should be simple to prove me wrong.....record anyone running an 18 pack of 8 ball on a Valley bar box....and I'll bow down to you, but until then....you agree to keep my balls from dragging on the ground and getting a rash....while I'm waiting on your proof;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not sure if this will help or hurt your argument lol but I really hate 8 ball and almost NEVER played it but I've ran a 4 on a Valley and did not break the 5th rack and I AM FAR from a top player in the world.

You don't have to be a world beater to make that claim, if ran several 5 packs myself, but we're not talking about world beaters who've laid claims to such outrageous runs, no...those titles go to the nobody's of the pool world.

Strictly

Registered
This whole thread is a bit of a joke, it's chalk full of facts, fables, predictions, hear-say, statistics, bullshit, hate mongering, nut swinging and all the other heirlooms of a train wreck thread you can't seem to stop reading regardless of how hard you try.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to be a world beater to make that claim, if ran several 5 packs myself, but we're not talking about world beaters who've laid claims to such outrageous runs, no...those titles go to the nobody's of the pool world.

No I get that but my point was that I too am far far from a world beater. So if I can do a 4 maybe a 5 or??? I'd think that those who areally really much much better than me then a 10 or 15 may not be totally out of the realm of possibility. Now that's not to say that it wouldn't be extremely difficult , requiring a good bit of luck along the way, and may in fact be a once in a lifetime thing but still seems it may be in the realm of possibility.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm really curious what 8 ball rules these high runs occur under? Out my way we play several different ways, none of which I would call "easy" to accumulate a lengthy string of wins via B&R.

1-15-8 ball
Last Pocket, no same, no slop.
Straight in, no slop.

For Last Pocket and Straight In:

Every game is winner breaks.
Take what you make after the break
No ball in hand.
You must call everything. It's not enough to just call your pocket. If your object ball touches any other ball or rail on its way to the pocket, you must call it (and vice versa) etc...lots of other things as well.
Table scratches are handled differently as well

In Last Pocket you can scratch on the 8 ball and not lose (as long as it doesn't go in)
In straight in if you scratch on the 8 ball you lose
In 1-15-8 ball if you make the 8 on the break you lose

Lots of other stuff too that may be different.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No I get that but my point was that I too am far far from a world beater. So if I can do a 4 maybe a 5 or??? I'd think that those who areally really much much better than me then a 10 or 15 may not be totally out of the realm of possibility. Now that's not to say that it wouldn't be extremely difficult , requiring a good bit of luck along the way, and may in fact be a once in a lifetime thing but still seems it may be in the realm of possibility.

Well, that depends on a few things. First of all, you have to make a ball on the break. Second, you have to be playing open table after making a ball on the break. Third, you have to have a chance at making a ball after the break to start the run. All three things I listed are what breaks high rack runs. Now, if a person is playing 8 ball on a Valley table like they're playing the ghost, and get to start with ball in hand even if they didn't make a ball on the break....I don't care how many racks a person runs, that's not a break and run in anyone's book.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In fact, I don't think there's even a hand full of players on the planet that can beat the ghost playing 10 Ball in a race to 21 without the help of ball in hand after the break, to do so would require a minimum of running out from the break 51% of the time, there's just not that many players that can compete at that level of play, and even still it would require a tremendous amount luck. It's like going up against a player...that NEVER misses.....who as a spot....is giving you the break every game.....but NOT the cue ball to start with anywhere you want, don't MAKE a ball on the break....you lose!!!!

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm wrong, then it should be simple to prove me wrong.....record anyone running an 18 pack of 8 ball on a Valley bar box....and I'll bow down to you, but until then....you agree to keep my balls from dragging on the ground and getting a rash....while I'm waiting on your proof;)

Your balls are the size of Tic Tacs....they'll be fine. You gonna be at SBE? We can play some 8 ball....

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are looking at the average runout percentage which has nothing to do with statistical varience that actually exists in the game or the fact 8 ball on a Valley can produce many elementary runouts.

You are right we are talking about averages here and there can be big variances, but I still am not buying 20 break and runs in a row on a 7' table in 8 ball is any easier than it would be on a 9'. For me the big debate here is how easy people claim it is on a 7' Valley table simply because it is a 7' Valley table. Has it happened before? Possibly, but the forum elite here claim they can do 10+ with their eyes closed as it is just that easy (intended exaggeration).

Statistics simply do not lie and they show it is no easier on a 7' table than it is on a 9' table. PERIOD. So your claim that a 7' can produce elementary run outs is no more or less true than me saying 9' tables can produce pretty elementary run outs. Which means anyone claiming that they can BnR 10+ games on a Valley should also be able to make that same claim on a 9'.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said earlier. For pros, the most likely thing to stop a run is clusters (after they make a ball on the break) not missing a shot. Higher chance of having clusters on 7' table.
For an amateur it's a missed shot. Amateurs miss many more shots on 9' than 7' tables.
So for pros I would expect higher numbers of racks run in a row on a 9' table. For amateurs the opposite.

It also follows that overall pros will have longer runs so I would not be surprised if the most racks of 8-ball run in a row was higher on the 9' table.
If running racks meant something other than bragging rights there would be a lot more and higher verified runs.
Danny medina at Dubbs Pubb in Denver ran 19 racks of 9-ball. That was how many it took for all the players to get out. Then he quit without missing because he didn't want to play for free. (That's the story anyway. I wasn't there)
So what scenario would there be that a pro would run 12+ racks of 8-ball? Nobody plays ring 8 and there are no bar table 8-ball tournies that have races longer than 9 or so.
If someone put up minimum 20k for a video verified 20 rack run. Or the highest run by a certain date gets the prize - there would be A LOT of high runs. And the promoter would have a lot of video to sell. :)

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said earlier. For pros, the most likely thing to stop a run is clusters (after they make a ball on the break) not missing a shot. Higher chance of having clusters on 7' table.
For an amateur it's a missed shot. Amateurs miss many more shots on 9' than 7' tables.
So for pros I would expect higher numbers of racks run in a row on a 9' table. For amateurs the opposite.

It also follows that overall pros will have longer runs so I would not be surprised if the most racks of 8-ball run in a row was higher on the 9' table.
If running racks meant something other than bragging rights there would be a lot more and higher verified runs.
Danny medina at Dubbs Pubb in Denver ran 19 racks of 9-ball. That was how many it took for all the players to get out. Then he quit without missing because he didn't want to play for free. (That's the story anyway. I wasn't there)
So what scenario would there be that a pro would run 12+ racks of 8-ball? Nobody plays ring 8 and there are no bar table 8-ball tournies that have races longer than 9 or so.
If someone put up minimum 20k for a video verified 20 rack run. Or the highest run by a certain date gets the prize - there would be A LOT of high runs. And the promoter would have a lot of video to sell. :)

They had races to 15 barbox 8 ball at the Carom Room last year. 2k entry fee. In the last one, Alex P was down 12-9 (I believe) and ran out the set to win 15-12.